What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a Roster, Great Position to be in .

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
It's time to make some big changes to the backs. We have the best forward pack in the comp and one of the weakest backlines.
Enough is enough is Lafai and Aitken. They are letting this team down and you will not win a comp with these guys.
My backline to play charity shield.
1. Dufty
2. Saab
3. Lomax
4. Ravalawa
5. Pearson
See how they go. Sink or swim.

My version

1. Dufty
2. Ravalawa
3. Lomax
4. Widdop
5. Pearson/Field
6. Norman
7. Hunt

Frank Facer

First Grade
Gloss it up as much as you want, but Saints are extremely light on the wing and halfback.

Regarding Rawalawa, it must be remembered that he played against a mediocre side and that he won’t get the luxury of such poor defence in first grade. Lomax and Pierera will be McGregor’s first preference and barring injury, this will remain resolute throughout the season.

Likewise, if Hunt gets injured, Darren Nicolls will play his second ever NRL game (aged 30).

Not good enough.

I would’ve also liked to have seen another established prop recruited externally. Hopefully, Josh Kerr can break his shackles.
If Hunt gets injured, the most likely scenario would be to move Norman to number 7, Widdop to 6 and Dufty to 1.

Drag Queen

Bench
Gloss it up as much as you want, but Saints are extremely light on the wing and halfback.

Regarding Rawalawa, it must be remembered that he played against a mediocre side and that he won’t get the luxury of such poor defence in first grade. Lomax and Pierera will be McGregor’s first preference and barring injury, this will remain resolute throughout the season.

Likewise, if Hunt gets injured, Darren Nicolls will play his second ever NRL game (aged 30).

Not good enough.

I would’ve also liked to have seen another established prop recruited externally. Hopefully, Josh Kerr can break his shackles.
I'm with you on Josh Kerr. J Pereira should be starting on the wing. I'd also advocate Dufty as the other winger. I haven't seen enough of Lomax to draw a conclusion. I'm guessing you have though.

giboz71

First Grade
You would think so, but remember who’s the coach. Norman definitely isn’t a halfback anyway.

Norman at 7 paired with Widdop (and Dufty at fullback) is a miles better combo than having to slot Nichols in.

It’s another reason we got Norman, to cover at half in the event Hunt gets injured.

Drag Queen

Bench
You would think so, but remember who’s the coach. Norman definitely isn’t a halfback anyway.
A wait and see approach is needed here. I can't say the same about my day at work though. It started off fine and then a one year old child was brought in unconscious. Anti-Vaxx loser parents. I'm imbibing some wine. I may crack another bottle. Footy seems irrelevant to me right now.

getsmarty

Immortal
A wait and see approach is needed here. I can't say the same about my day at work though. It started off fine and then a one year old child was brought in unconscious. Anti-Vaxx loser parents. I'm imbibing some wine. I may crack another bottle. Footy seems irrelevant to me right now.

Sorry to hear Drag Queen.......that really is unfortunate . I think for many of us supporting the Saints is our form of escapism..

Drag Queen

Bench
Sorry to hear Drag Queen.......that really is unfortunate . I think for many of us supporting the Saints is our form of escapism..
I probably shouldn't have shared this on this forum. I didn't share it on FB either. I guess I wanted to vent. I'll be honest and say I'm halfway drunk.. This little girl is on life support. Beyond sad.

jak

Bench
very sad to hear d.q lets hope we get a happy outcome.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

As I imagine it would.

Parents weren’t advocates of vaccines, huh?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Norman at 7 paired with Widdop (and Dufty at fullback) is a miles better combo than having to slot Nichols in.

It’s another reason we got Norman, to cover at half in the event Hunt gets injured.

A hypothetical Norman/Widdop partnership reeks of the doomed Marshall/Widdop one of a few years ago now.

No thanks.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'm with you on Josh Kerr. J Pereira should be starting on the wing. I'd also advocate Dufty as the other winger. I haven't seen enough of Lomax to draw a conclusion. I'm guessing you have though.

Bits and pieces in reserve grade only (in addition to first grade last year). As I’ve probably mentioned elsewhere, Lomax...for some reason...reminds me of Graeme Bradley.

getsmarty

Immortal
I probably shouldn't have shared this on this forum. I didn't share it on FB either. I guess I wanted to vent. I'll be honest and say I'm halfway drunk.. This little girl is on life support. Beyond sad.

Yes Very Sad..hope that she can pull through some how...take care Drag Queen.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
If Hunt gets injured, the most likely scenario would be to move Norman to number 7, Widdop to 6 and Dufty to 1.

Reminiscent of the failed Marshal/Widdop pairing. If McIdiot resorts to this, SGI is well and truly rooted.

Postscript: I’d rather use much stronger, vituperative language.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Why do I keep seeing Widdop in the centres in some people's teams?

Like... What the f**k are you basing that on? Playing our most creative attacking player on the edge, in a position he's never played before.

You know. Just because.

I wholeheartedly agree....it’s a strange notion.

For 90% of his Dragons’ career, the club has stuffed Widdop around by either providing numerous halfback options and/or someone who’s simply not up to the task (usually both). No wonder he’s allegedly “homesick”.

Now, after FINALLY acquiring a good no. 7 in Hunt (a combination which showed enormous promise last year), it now wants to shaft him into the fullback role.

I get management has acted promptly in obtaining a replacement (Norman) but if Widdop needs any more motive to take off earlier, this is all the incentive he needs.

hewi

Bench

Just proves you don’t need a long neck and feathers to be a goose.

giboz71

First Grade
A hypothetical Norman/Widdop partnership reeks of the doomed Marshall/Widdop one of a few years ago now.

No thanks.

It wouldn’t be a first choice combination and would only be used if Hunt is injured.

Did you miss Nichols game against a 2nd string Storm last year??? It was laughable the amount of breaks were down his side.

Norman is a marquis player and Dufty has proven his credentials last year.

Why would you go with Nichols if these 2 are available?