What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

T-Boon

Coach
I fully support the construction of a new SFS, and those that oppose it are just trying to score cheap political points.

By 2020, QLD will have 3 modern world class rectangular stadiums, with NSW way behind the pace, likely to only have 1.

That's pretty f**king shit for Rugby League in my book.

You mean Bankwest stadium? I would argue Newcastle Stadium is better than the Gold Coast stadium and just needs 50mill to make it one of the best in the country.

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah, Newcastle is 80% of a brilliant stadium and one of the best club grounds in the league.

Delboy

First Grade
I fully support the construction of a new SFS, and those that oppose it are just trying to score cheap political points.

By 2020, QLD will have 3 modern world class rectangular stadiums, with NSW way behind the pace, likely to only have 1.

That's pretty f**king shit for Rugby League in my book.
In typical labour fashion, they announce every spending intitiative with the catch cry, it's from the stadium saving , spending 10 times what they save isn't sensible. As we did under the last Carr govt , we will build nothing and fall behind Victoria and Qld . People have short memories and get sucked in by a quick political voxpop grab , without looking at the outcomes.

BlueandGold

Juniors
In typical labour fashion, they announce every spending intitiative with the catch cry, it's from the stadium saving , spending 10 times what they save isn't sensible. As we did under the last Carr govt , we will build nothing and fall behind Victoria and Qld . People have short memories and get sucked in by a quick political voxpop grab , without looking at the outcomes.

Could not agree more.

NSW Labor would struggle to organize a lemonade stand let alone run this great state.

They (NSW libs) got more done in the first term than NSW Labor got done in 16 years.

Foley and now Daley are useless.

Diesel

Referee
What’s the consensus around NSW who will get in after March’s election?

If Labor get in, regardless of what happens to stadiums afterwards, once that NRLGF goes on the road, it’ll never stay in Sydney fulltime no matter how good the stadiums are.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
What should have been an easy win for the Libs has been f**ked up monumentally over the past few months. This should have been an unlosable election campaign.

Gladys will still win, it will just be a lot closer than it should have been.

Suitman

Post Whore
What should have been an easy win for the Libs has been f**ked up monumentally over the past few months. This should have been an unlosable election campaign.

Gladys will still win, it will just be a lot closer than it should have been.

Yes, you are probably right. The biggest problem with the current govt is that they have no idea how to sell their achievements, of which they have plenty. They really should romp this election in against this current mob of muppets.

What’s the consensus around NSW who will get in after March’s election?

If Labor get in, regardless of what happens to stadiums afterwards, once that NRLGF goes on the road, it’ll never stay in Sydney fulltime no matter how good the stadiums are.

It’s very tight.

My guess right now is a minority govt either way, labor will easily pick up 6 seats, but the remaining seats they need are on bigger margins.

taipan

Referee
My allegiance is to Rugby League, not politicians.

And NSW is getting a shit go in that respect

I'll praise anyone who helps rugby league, and condemn those that try to put it down. Don't care what political party, media outlet ,individuals involved.
Just as I support either of the two main political parties, when they do something good for the community and population as a whole.

I agree with your last line, protest groups hold too much sway at times.You would think rugby league is the only sport that benefits from new stadiums .

beave

Coach
i was once a pretty staunch Lib man. I have now pretty much rescinded all loyalty and pick the party that seems to have their shit in a pile, which at the moment is neither. I hope the libs get back in NSW for a few reasons, seems their infrastructure spend will do wonders down there, plus the stadium plan. I don’t want to have to go anywhere else for the GF other than sydney even though if it’s in brissy i will save a lot of $$ and f**k around.

Latest posts