What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Canterbury Cup NSW & U20 Jersey Flegg

Tigers1986

Juniors
Round 1 all on a bye. Just wow. NSWRL organisation is very complex.

ISP draw - still no sign. Competition starts in 3 weeks. Complex.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 1 all on a bye. Just wow. NSWRL organisation is very complex.

ISP draw - still no sign. Competition starts in 3 weeks. Complex.
I still don't understand why it matters so much. The people who need to know, do. Hell, you could probably work out from the Flegg draw who plays ISP and when

Tigers1986

Juniors
Fans wanting to attend the stand alone fixtures might want to get their calendar sorted. Very late to release it, whichever viewpoint you have.

Timmah

Staff member
Fans wanting to attend the stand alone fixtures might want to get their calendar sorted. Very late to release it, whichever viewpoint you have.
Agree that it's late to release it, but given the small volume of people this would affect, it wouldn't be top of mind for them. Those who *need* to know (i.e. players/clubs/coaches) do know (or should).

And I think you know this, as we had this discussion last year.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Agree that it's late to release it, but given the small volume of people this would affect, it wouldn't be top of mind for them. Those who *need* to know (i.e. players/clubs/coaches) do know (or should).

It’s very silly to disregard supporters regardless of how many there are.

Timmah

Staff member
It’s very silly to disregard supporters regardless of how many there are.
If it was a big deal there'd be a stink about it. As it stands a handful of people online are annoyed and that's it.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Souths had their home fixtures in the program for last nights trial match. Lots of games at Redfern, and even some on Channel 9. That'll be cool to see. Wests have confirmed playing Blacktown in Round 1 at Leichhardt.

Timmah

Staff member
You clearly know everything.
Perhaps you should allow other people to have an opinion.
Lol this bullshit again.

You can have an opinion, I can disagree with it. That's how it works. Don't like it, that's your problem.

Timmah

Staff member
Souths had their home fixtures in the program for last nights trial match. Lots of games at Redfern, and even some on Channel 9. That'll be cool to see. Wests have confirmed playing Blacktown in Round 1 at Leichhardt.
I posted round 1 a page or so back

siv

First Grade

That position is a disrespect to payed up members and fan base

siv

First Grade
NSWRL are making the draw very hard for themselves

In NSW if they keep NRL - ISP - Flegg in sync

The draw would would be pretty easy to determine

Whatever their process is its over complicating things

For non NRL Clubs

Victoria line up with Melbourne
Newtown can still line up with Cronulla
Wenty with Parra
Blacktown with Manly
Mounties with Canberra
While Bears could line up with Brisbane as Easts have a U20s

footyhead1

Juniors
On the trials this weekend gone, I watched Cronulla Absolutely destroy manly Saturday night in Flegg. Standouts for Cronulla were the 9 James Russell - was electric out of hooker speed to burn Manly had no answers for his ruck work in the final 25 minutes he dead set laid on 3 tries in 15 minutes. He is a Damien Cook like player. Joniah Lau Lua strong winger/fullback powerful runner strong defender. Cronulla are going to be very hard to beat considering they still have 5 players that will come back from the NRL and ISP teams. Manly are going to STRUGGLE they had the ball for the first 20 minutes never looked like scoring. the score was 24 nil without kicking for goal!!!!!

Timmah

Staff member
Trials this weekend:

Saturday
ISP Warriors v Wests @ Whangarei 2:15pm NZ (12:15pm AEDT)*
JF Knights v Sharks @ Maitland 1:30pm*
JF Raiders v Bulldogs @ New Era 2pm
JF Roosters v Eagles @ Gosford 2:45pm*
JF Wests Tigers v Victoria @ Campbelltown 3pm
ISP Knights v Sharks @ Maitland 3:15pm*
JF Panthers v Eels @ Panthers 3:30pm*
ISP Bears v BWSE @ Gosford 4:45pm*
ISP Panthers v Wenty @ Panthers 5pm*
ISP Raiders (?) v Bulldogs @ New Era 5:15pm

Sunday
JF Norths v Ryde Eastwood (Shield) @ TG Milner 3pm
JF Souths v Dragons @ Redfern 4pm
ISP Souths v Dragons @ Redfern 5:30pm

* = NRL trial matchday

rightleftin

Juniors
Mounties vs Bulldogs (ISP) actually. Mounties RMC might be underdone if their earlier game against Cabra is their only trial.

Timmah

Staff member
Mounties vs Bulldogs (ISP) actually. Mounties RMC might be underdone if their earlier game against Cabra is their only trial.
I figured that would be the case, hence the question mark. NSWRL referee list had it written as Canberra.