What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 championship & league one..

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Is there actually a bid? Or has that crackers Palestinian just been playing on his computer making a strip and copying Liverpool’s crest? It all seems very pie in the sky to be honest.
Who knows. I don’t have any confidence in the RFL or believe a word that koukash says.

deluded pom?

Coach
Probably the best ever win in Coventry’s short history today, beating one of the early season favourites Newcastle by 32-28.

deluded pom?

Coach
I really hope all the progress and momentum on and off the pitch doesn’t get derailed by thunders poor start.
The likes of Liam Finn need to step up and start doing what they were signed for. Finn was very poor IMO last week against Donny. Does he ever do much more than the little drop off to a support player?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Full results from overnight

D0MuebqVsAUpqCn.jpg:large

Detailed: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32796-results-2019-betfred-championship-round-4/

Ladder:

upload_2019-2-25_12-10-25.png

adamkungl

Immortal
Create an environment that invites investment in the game and allows clubs old and new, from all over to thrive, without costing the RFL a cent.

1. Open up the pyramid, remove the glass ceiling.

The RFL funding model doesn't change, club grants for top 3 grades as is.
But set up a promotion ladder from local leagues to NCL to League One and let any club who wants to have a crack do so.

SL <- Championship <- League One remains 1-1 up down.
League One relegates 2 down into NCL North and South with 1 up from each.
Roughly divided as northern heartlands + Cumbria in north, rest of England + Wales in South. Current League One clubs by that division is 7 clubs north to 4 south. So drop 1 north and add 2 south for an even 12.
NCL goes down into regional leagues, regional leagues into local leagues.

2. Target areas, the RFL should be actively encouraging investors in big cities instead of shutting them down (eg Manchester Rangers)
Manchester
Liverpool
Birmingham
London
Cardiff
Dublin
Belfast
Glasgow
Edinburgh

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Reports of Eric Perez formerly of the Wolfpack has bought Hemel’s licence with a view of entering a 2nd Canadian team into the U.K. league structure.

Not sure if I believe this as Perez doesn’t have the money and is more of a Middleman.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Create an environment that invites investment in the game and allows clubs old and new, from all over to thrive, without costing the RFL a cent.

1. Open up the pyramid, remove the glass ceiling.

The RFL funding model doesn't change, club grants for top 3 grades as is.
But set up a promotion ladder from local leagues to NCL to League One and let any club who wants to have a crack do so.

SL <- Championship <- League One remains 1-1 up down.
League One relegates 2 down into NCL North and South with 1 up from each.
Roughly divided as northern heartlands + Cumbria in north, rest of England + Wales in South. Current League One clubs by that division is 7 clubs north to 4 south. So drop 1 north and add 2 south for an even 12.
NCL goes down into regional leagues, regional leagues into local leagues.

2. Target areas, the RFL should be actively encouraging investors in big cities instead of shutting them down (eg Manchester Rangers)
Manchester
Liverpool
Birmingham
London
Cardiff
Dublin
Belfast
Glasgow
Edinburgh
Reports of Eric Perez formerly of the Wolfpack buying hemel’s licence in order to enter a 2nd Canadian team in league 1.

I can't see any more clubs joining the pyramid system in the UK unless they are self funding, like Toronto. If Marwan koukash and his partners are offering to self fund their Liverpool club bid the RFL will admit them as it wont cost the RFL a penny

Storm13

Juniors
What is the future though and will there be a pathway to Super league after the next tv deal is delivered?

If you were New York or a second Canadian team I would be applying straight to Super league in maybe an expanded comp.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I can't see any more clubs joining the pyramid system in the UK unless they are self funding, like Toronto. If Marwan koukash and his partners are offering to self fund their Liverpool club bid the RFL will admit them as it wont cost the RFL a penny
I totally agree. I think the RFL have had enough failures with the likes of Gloucestershire allgolds, Hemel and oxford etc. I don’t think the Manchester bid had any serious backers or investment.

adamkungl

Immortal
If the RFL concentrates on the North it will cease to exist in 50 years.
The world is getting smaller and people can watch sports from all over the world, kids don't stick to the local leagues like they did 30 years ago.

Whether it's Sydney or St Helens, RL isn't just competing with Union and Soccer, it's now competing with NBA and NFL too. People have limited attention and limited budgets.

RL must be nationally and internationally relevant or it will be drowned under the Soccer, Union, NFL and NBA behemoths.

Latest posts