What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Fights || Modern Day vs Old Days

Chimp

Juniors
How good was that, Smith starts the blue & comes off second best & Souths get the penalty! Ah the good ol’ days!
100%. The game is simply just not as good anymore as a direct result of this change.
Our game was built on this type of aggression, with a hand shake at the end of the game. Without it, it's not as exciting, and we've gone soft with the shitty melee, all in for a push and a pull, which has seen mouthy little shits get way too confident because they know they can take liberties without getting a slap.
There was nothing wrong with this type of biff - in fact plenty will say it's part of what brought them to watch. Now it's not there, a huge part of the potential spectacle has gone.

Seb Paez

Juniors
Coward Gallen with the sucker punch that got the biff banned
Now now, it was a good old fashioned biff that got demonized because gallen actually connected with two good shots. Lets not forget it was that welsh merkin Dave Smith who had a complete knee jerk reaction and banned fighting outright in both NRL and Origin. The merkin didn't even know shit about league before taking over as Head of NRL. Origin games these days almost seem like normal club games. I remember going to Origin in Melbourne 2015 and seeing all those 'almost' fights. I lost my shit sooooo bad dying for someone to throw a punch. Dave Smith is lucky someone didn't knock his f**ken lights out for ruining Rugby League

King hit

Coach
Remember the time one of the biggest Origin bolters ever beat up a seasoned hero named Shane Webcke

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
You'd think someone with as many in house positive performance enhancing drug tests would throw them better

Latest posts