What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lingard

Coach
Im with Avenger ... i like Townsend ... sure he is not flashy but you need a stable influence

I think Townsend is in much the same mould as Robson; but not quite as tough and with a little more speed and flair. Also, he had a real break-out year last year, and may now be a better player for it. I reckon he'd be a fantastic purchase for us. And when you think about it, if Parramatta were prepared to offload either Norman OR Moses, then they cant be rating Moses all that highly. If Brown is as good as they say he is, then a Townsend / Brown combination might be great.

lingard

Coach
At least we may make the Warriors spend some more cash on him. Get them one back for trying to poach Brown.

With the rumours about Storm being around 600k over the cap and having to get compliant by round 1 and the Sharks' cap about to be reduced by 500k we may be able to nab someone decent from either club.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...O23SOvc0GfFCNccqwT5Fi6k7b-WzmMHggjL0b1bstNESk

I don't get that the Sharks have cap issues but, following the signing of Shaun Johnson, they have now signed Robert Jennings and Segyaro. And presumably both sanctioned by the NRL. How does that work?

Noise

Coach
I don't get that the Sharks have cap issues but, following the signing of Shaun Johnson, they have now signed Robert Jennings and Segyaro. And presumably both sanctioned by the NRL. How does that work?

Tigers signed Robert Jennings, not the Sharks. I also read that the Sharks might not fill the 30th player spot to help them with their cap trouble
The Sharks held off spending all the money available to them in this year's salary cap and kept one roster spot open after consulting with a former NRL salary cap auditor before signing Segeyaro.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-ne...a-sharks/37e40448-ab09-42c1-9b17-007e557252dd

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
Kaysa injured? Coaching staff rate Will Smith as an option at 9? Who knows

The former is likely considering Kaysa’s injury history.
The latter is protrude in that the coaching staff would certainly rate Smith as an option at 9, but only as a backup to the full time hookers. It makes sense that Smith get some time at training at hooker because there is a chathe May be used there, but as a last resort after Reed and/or Kaysa are unavailable.

Latest posts