What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Islands All Stars V Australia/England

taste2taste

Juniors
After the success of the Indigenous V Maori All Stars I thought a Pacific Islands All Stars V Australia or England could be an interesting concept.
Might be fun as a one off game. Imo it would be a ripper game and the PI team would be pretty hard to beat.
Does anyone see any potential in this hypothetical game ?

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Wouldn't mind seeing a Pacific All Stars v a touring Great Britain tbh, since both are combined-nation teams.

Ya know what, I used to be against these kind of things but if it makes money and builds an audience for the real national teams, and only takes up a small section of the calendar, then so be it. I get too hung up on *real* teams and official rankings etc

Pommy

Coach
It’s a no from me, get GB to play Samoa instead.
Preferably shit can GB and get England to play Samoa.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I could see a Polynesian All Stars and Melanesian All Stars team being added to the Indigenous All Stars and Maori All Stars concept but I would have any of them playing international sides.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I could see a Polynesian All Stars and Melanesian All Stars team being added to the Indigenous All Stars and Maori All Stars concept but I would have any of them playing international sides.
Considering Maori are Polynesians that will never work. Added to that Cook Islanders are both Maori and Polynesian.
Then you get the politics when one country has more players than the others and they start infighting. It may work once, but long term it never has and i doubt it ever will.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Considering Maori are Polynesians that will never work. Added to that Cook Islanders are both Maori and Polynesian.
Then you get the politics when one country has more players than the others and they start infighting. It may work once, but long term it never has and i doubt it ever will.

Thanks for the insight. Do you think the Maori All Stars could be expanded to Polynesian All Stars to take on the Indigenous All Stars each year?

Te Kaha

First Grade
Thanks for the insight. Do you think the Maori All Stars could be expanded to Polynesian All Stars to take on the Indigenous All Stars each year?
On one hand its better off just concentrating on the National teams, on the other it is entirely possible within one or to generations there wont be anyone eligible, under current criteria, for those teams so "heritage" teams may be the norm. That is assuming there are still any contact team sports in a couple of generations.