What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cap superthread - latest: NRL clears Flanagan to assistant coach from 2020

May be biased but I also think the sacking of the coach needs to be considered as part of the punishment. The club has been hit hard and rightly so but the NRL needs to be careful of precedents they can’t maintain.

SBD82

Coach
May be biased but I also think the sacking of the coach needs to be considered as part of the punishment. The club has been hit hard and rightly so but the NRL needs to be careful of precedents they can’t maintain.
The NRL seems to be dealing with them as two separate issues. The sanction against flanno was for his actions. And the next one coming seems to be for salary cap breaches. So flanno is punishes for whatever he did, and the club is punished for whatever they did. I don’t think you can count his punishment.

Having said that, I can’t believe this has dragged on for so long. If it was mid season it would have been sorted in a week or two. Just get it done so we can move on.

unforgiven

Bench
Flanno was deregistered for breaching his suspension, that has absolutely nothing to with the salary cap breach. The club does not deserve a discount just because they found multiple ways to cheat.

Man of Steele

Juniors
I feel very sorry for the fans, but one club keeps putting themselves in these types of positions. Even the decisions the club has made since Flanno's deregistration show they haven't learnt from their previous punishments.
Are you implying that the Sharks are a protected species?

AJB1102

First Grade
I feel very sorry for the fans, but one club keeps putting themselves in these types of positions. Even the decisions the club has made since Flanno's deregistration show they haven't learnt from their previous punishments.

Did I miss something?

carcharias

Immortal
No not at all, they have copped their punishments, just don't learn from them as they keep making poor decisions.

Wasn’t this from 4 years ago and the Sharks who actually told the NRL?

That is
1) learning from punishment
And
2) doing the opposite of keep making he same mistakes

unforgiven

Bench
Wasn’t this from 4 years ago and the Sharks who actually told the NRL?

That is
1) learning from punishment
And
2) doing the opposite of keep making he same mistakes
Flanno was deregistered, they then replace him with a coach who was suspended by WADA. That is not a good look.

Have a look at their history, they are time and again in these situations.

Man of Steele

Juniors
Flanno was deregistered, they then replace him with a coach who was suspended by WADA. That is not a good look.

What does WADA have to do with Morris being coach??? He wasn’t the head coach when all that went down...years ago now.

AJB1102

First Grade

Morris shouldn't be coach because he got a flimsy and irrelevant sanction over something that might have occurred in 2011?