What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Zoidberg

First Grade
I don’t know how to prepare for Endgame.
With Infinity War, I was looking forward to it but I didn’t love the trailers and thought it’d be ok, just another Marvel movie (love the MCU btw), then I was blown away in the theatre and it’s one of those cinema experiences I actually remember it was so impactful.
Now, with Endgame, I’m so excited to see it and am expecting something amazing, I don’t want to overhype myself then be disappointed, but I’m loving everything I see from it.
What a horrible position to be in.

Frederick

Staff member
Marvel Rumored to Be Considering Intermission for 'Avengers: Endgame'

By KOFI OUTLAW - February 6, 2019

It's not a surprise that Marvel Studios will be revealing some big surprises for Avengers: Endgame - and one of them reportedly may have nothing to do with the events unfolding onscreen!

According to a new rumor, Avengers: Endgame will have an intermission, in order to help Marvel fans get through its lengthy runtime!

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02/06/avengers-endgame-intermission-runtime-theaters/

Game_Breaker

Coach
They should definitely bring back the intermission in general for any movie over 2.5 hours

If you’re busting to go, do you wait til the end of take a risk and quickly duck out and potentially miss out on an important scene

It’s an age old dilemma

Storm13

Juniors
I don't mind long movies in the cinema but when it comes to watching it at home I'll give it a pass.

shiznit

Coach
Rotten tomatoes have removed the audience score from the movie Captain Marvel, the last time I got to check it out 27% of the audience wasn't interested in watching it..It appears that Brie Larson is to blame for it.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captain_marvel

It’s all because people are being f**king idiot trolls...

I 100% agree with them removing the audience scores... it hasn’t even been released yet.

Anyone putting ANY score positive or negative in at the moment is a f**king loser...

Once the movie opens let the people decide...

Any clowns doing it at the moment are doing it to make some grand point...

To me... the fact that this is even a story is f**king stupid... RT should always be making audience scores unavailable until the film is released... for every film.

Common sense says that...

hineyrulz

Post Whore

I 100% agree with them removing the audience scores... it hasn’t even been released yet.

Anyone putting ANY score positive or negative in at the moment is a f**king loser...

To me... the fact that this is even a story is f**king stupid... RT should always be making audience scores unavailable until the film is released... for every film.

LOL!!

What are you on about???

This was just for people who are looking forward to seeing the movie or not looking forward to seeing the movie and nothing more.

It was 96% before Brie Larson decided to open her mouth and upset most of the fan base.

Hasn’t stopped the Shill mainstream media blaming those nasty mean trolls again, same lame excuses they used for the last Jedi.

shiznit

Coach
LOL!!

What are you on about???

This was just for people who are looking forward to seeing the movie or not looking forward to seeing the movie and nothing more.

It was 96% before Brie Larson decided to open her mouth and upset most of the fan base.

Hasn’t stopped the Shill mainstream media blaming those nasty mean trolls again, same lame excuses they used for the last Jedi.
Maybe I’m not getting it right...

But my understanding of it was people were submitting audience scores before the movie is f**king released... the sane audience score that sticks with RT next to the Crtics score...

Is that not the case??

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maybe I’m not getting it right...

But my understanding of it was people were submitting audience scores before the movie is f**king released... the sane audience score that sticks with RT next to the Crtics score...

Is that not the case??
Nope, no one was reviewing anything. It was just to see if you were looking forward to seeing the movie or not. As I said it was up to 96% a few months ago before Brie Larson decided to open her mouth and upset the fanbase.

It was down to 27% before RT decided to pull the pin. And on cue the mainstream media come out and blame the mean nasty online trolls. Sure there are trolls everywhere but most of the people down voting the movie just don't like Brie Larson or her BS identity politics.

shiznit

Coach
Nope, no one was reviewing anything. It was just to see if you were looking forward to seeing the movie or not. As I said it was up to 96% a few months ago before Brie Larson decided to open her mouth and upset the fanbase.

It was down to 27% before RT decided to pull the pin. And on cue the mainstream media come out and blame the mean nasty online trolls. Sure there are trolls everywhere but most of the people down voting the movie just don't like Brie Larson or her BS identity politics.
Ohhh yeah my bad... I got the wrong end of the stick.

I think I might have been confusing it with the groups who tried to pull Black Panther down last year.

If it’s just about anticipation then that’s fair enough...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ohhh yeah my bad... I got the wrong end of the stick.

I think I might have been confusing it with the groups who tried to pull Black Panther down last year.

If it’s just about anticipation then that’s fair enough...
Didn't stop the media reporting it as trolls reviewing the movie and trying to bring it down because the lead is a female.

I was looking forward to watching this, l will still watch it but I am worried that they are turning her into another Rey.

bileduct

Coach

It seems that you can't tell the different between a score that indicates what somebody thought about the film and a score that indicates whether or not somebody is interested in seeing the film.

This was actually one of the main reasons why Rotten Tomatoes pulled it.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Rotten Tomatoes is a f**king waste of time anyway.

Critics reviews are next to useless because a lot of the reviewers are bought. If they give a bad review they won't be invited to the next exclusive showing and their publication won't have an article to drop the moment the embargo is lifted.

Either that or reviews are ideologically driven. You only have to look at the difference in scores between Roseanne season 10 and The Conners to see that. Take Roseanne Barr out but cover the same material with the same dreadful acting and the score jumps from the 60s into the 90s.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Didn't stop the media reporting it as trolls reviewing the movie and trying to bring it down because the lead is a female.
I wouldn't say it was simply because the lead is female, but the people review bombing it were certainly upset that Disney was making a big deal out of the fact the lead is female. The other shit that Brie Larson said about male reviewers really had nothing to do with Captain Marvel and was more a comment about how the people questioning her on her press tours weren't really the kind of people that her films were aimed at, but a bunch of comic nerds got upset about that too.

And the reason it came across as a trolling effort was because Youtube channels like Geek + Gamers, Ethan van Sciver and the guy who is most famous for being bashed by a dude wearing a dress, The Quartering, were all running multiple videos every single f**king day whining about Brie Larson and Captain Marvel. It was their audiences that added about 20,000 reviews in around 48 hours to bring the anticipation score down to 27%.

I was looking forward to watching this, l will still watch it but I am worried that they are turning her into another Rey.
It looks like a huge turd. I'll wait until I can pirate it.

Rogue was the best Carol Danvers.

bileduct

Coach

shiznit

Coach
It seems that you can't tell the different between a score that indicates what somebody thought about the film and a score that indicates whether or not somebody is interested in seeing the film.

This was actually one of the main reasons why Rotten Tomatoes pulled it.
Yup... TBH I just wasn’t across it.

The whole thing pisses me off because I see all this reaction on both sides and the f**king film hasn’t even been out yet.

I just haven’t really even looked into it...

And i shouldn’t have shot my mouth off before looking into it.

Latest posts