What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
Hiroti can play anywhere in the backline. One of the few who’s played junior kiwis and junior roos he’s got a bright future, Jordan Rapana type player. My only question over him in the centres would be his defence. Good to see we’ve developed and recruited for quality depth in key positions e.g Brittain, Tracey, Allen. Also looking forward to Campbell Graham and Burns getting more time in the centres, I think they could be our long term centres one day soon.
Agree with what you say Oldmate and thanks for enlightening me on Hiroti.

CAFPOW

Juniors
I just noticed our team on the web page has dropped to 28 players. Ethan Lowe makes 29. So we still have 1 spot to fill. So players like Amone and Knight have a lot riding on this weekends game.

Tom Amone and Liam Knight’s profile page has been added to our Team profile page

ThingFish

Juniors
Tom Amone and Liam Knight’s profile page has been added to our Team profile page
That makes up the 30. But Ethan Lowe still isn’t added yet. So basically all the second string forwards will be playing not to be dropped for Ethan Lowe.

This year each team is also allowed 6 development players. I’m not sure of the eligibility criteria, but I’d say a young bloke like Amone qualifies. In past years a club had to be in injury crisis for the NRL to allow a dev. contract player to play in the NRL. This year after June 30 permission is not needed.

We haven’t named our 6 yet. https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...e-stars-rugby-league/4kg1cueunabuzk11bneoxify

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member

Oldmate

Juniors
Ethan Lowe eventually pushing Sam into the prop rotation is a tasty thought
I think we’ve got far better depth in the front row and Sam could be a weapon on an edge. Would prefer Lowe or Sutton play off the bench. Interested to see how Bennett rates Britt and if he gets much game time. He actually went well at the back end of last year.

southsport

First Grade
I think we’ve got far better depth in the front row and Sam could be a weapon on an edge. Would prefer Lowe or Sutton play off the bench. Interested to see how Bennett rates Britt and if he gets much game time. He actually went well at the back end of last year.
Doesn't Lowe play on the right edge and Sutto left edge, would there be any problems for Lowe on the right?

Travitoh

First Grade
ARL Commission announces 'no-fault stand down policy' for players facing serious charges: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/28/arl-commission-to-announce-new-policy-for-player-misbehaviour/

NRL announces $46 million profit for 2018: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/28/nrl-announces-$46-million-profit-for-2018/

Wow, big day for the game.

I'm split about the 'no-fault stand down policy'. On one hand i don't believe that banning someone who hasn't been proven guilty yet is the right thing to do (Brett Stewart is an example why) but on the other, any player in that position has more to worry about than playing footy.

Oldmate

Juniors
Returned to Queensland due to personal reasons. It happens.
It’s a shame, had a few injuries last year but played some good footy. However Kye Rodwell is still on the books and he’s a star of the future. Good crop of young front rowers in Knight, Rodwell, Amone and Koalomatangi. Good mentors there in the burgesses. On a side note I would have loved to see Goseivski back at the club.

Latest posts