What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

taipan

Referee
Are you getting paid to say this stuff?

I wish I was being paid.I perhaps could ask you the same question,you've been pushing the anti stadium barrow for some time.
Daley is plainly out of his depth.His response to the recent Environment Court decision today for the stadium demolition to go ahead was a perfect example as to what I mean.He stated when he gets in ,it'll stop and we are left with a shell.

I have zero time for Jones or the GWS Shepherd guy on the SCG Trust.I am simply a NSW taxpayer who is a rl fan, who wants
stadiums where I can take my wife or daughters to watch in decent comfort and the facilities ditto.The SFS does not provide that ATM.I can assure you attending a semi at the SFS with my daughter in 2016, she staled the female toilets were few and far between.

I am sure fans of the other rectangular codes feel the same.

I'm not the Peter FitzSimons of this world, who actually get paid for promoting political agendas or layman's opinions.The same guy, who gets prime seating at Allianz or ANZ, regardless of the rest of the plebs.

I've been following State and Fed politics for decades, few politicians are worth feeding Libs and Labor and National Party.And I have no problem stating, I am a swing voter.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Member when you said you were a labor voter and i called you out on that being bullshit
st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u6.jpg

Yes, I clearly remember that.
I have, for the most part of my life, been a Labor voter. But, I also won't vote for fools, of which Daley is clearly one.
Your point is?

I
I have zero time for Jones or the GWS Shepherd guy on the SCG Trust.I am simply a NSW taxpayer who is a rl fan, who wants
stadiums where I can take my wife or daughters to watch in decent comfort and the facilities ditto.The SFS does not provide that ATM.I can assure you attending a semi at the SFS with my daughter in 2016, she staled the female toilets were few and far between.

I am sure fans of the other rectangular codes feel the same.

You only had to see the toilet entrances at halftime of any finals game played there (and even many regular season NRL games). There were always queues snaking out of the female toilets of women waiting to use the toilet facilities.

Men's toilets only had queues inside the toilet facilities there by comparison.

taipan

Referee
What a lowlife
Using a tragedy for his own benefit

That's the trouble with Jones at times, he opens his "eloquent" gob before his brain clicks into gear.

That tragedy was hell to see on the news, people unable to move and having every last breath being squeezed out of them.I
l'll never forget that vision
IMO all seater stadiums are a must.You sell out all seats, that's it.

franklin2323

Immortal
Good result here. Having demolition started means Labor has to put a stadium there.. No way they leave it just a shell

morley101

Juniors
This is the same Michael Daley who stated he did not know Eddie Obeid well.Yet gave Obeid kudos in his first speech, when he (Daley) first entered parliament for assisting him.
The same Daley who did not disclose the $500,000 the Labour Club provide to the party when he was on the local council, and which approved a $5m extension to their building.
Yep I trust Michael implicitly.
I also believe the Libs stuffed up on the light rail in the city.Costing businesses and owners their livelihoods.

But geez these anti stadium tactics are just typical party opposition grandstanding, to grab the popular votes.Also by the arm twisting of the Greens and some genuinely concerned locals.

Any party that leaves a stadium like Allianz in the current state of "undress"
by doing nothing, deserves turfing at the next election.

Daley made the comment with the $2.2bn saved he will build hospitals and schools.
Yet he is going to spend huge sums on the South Coast rail nearly $2b, and stop the badly needed F6 development.
Where do these guys get off?
Add to that he is going to stop the Metro at Sydenham and not take it to Bankstown, where most people in the South West want the metro to go to Liverpool at least. He is going to stop the Northern Beaches tunnel... I live in the Hills area and believe these are vital infrastructure requirements.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Good result here. Having demolition started means Labor has to put a stadium there.. No way they leave it just a shell

Yep. Hopefully now if they get in they just sack the SCG trust board, move the management of the new stadium to Venues NSW and rebuild it a more sensible size (I’d shoot for 35k), and claim credit for the savings.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep. Hopefully now if they get in they just sack the SCG trust board, move the management of the new stadium to Venues NSW and rebuild it a more sensible size (I’d shoot for 35k), and claim credit for the savings.

yep. Venues NSW can then look at bringing events into the state to shut up the whingers instead of the current system of having one stadium work against the other. much better result for all...Well except Alan Jones

cooko

Juniors
Looks like the roosters are setting up the SCG so the field runs east/west. Makes sense as most of their games are at night.

The A League set the field up this way too and it looked great.67634FF0-3DFA-44FC-B387-2F4436B9186B.jpeg

The Marshall

Juniors
Looks like the roosters are setting up the SCG so the field runs east/west. Makes sense as most of their games are at night.

The A League set the field up this way too and it looked great.View attachment 27751
Unfortunately its just polishing a turd I cringe when commentators say how great games are at the SCG. In realty its a terrible venue for watching NRL and its going to be a long few years while the SFS is out of action.

Jamberoo

Juniors

The A League set the field up this way too and it looked great.View attachment 27751
Wouldn't this just make those on the ends closers and those on the touch kines (usually the best seats) further away? Seems very strange.

horrie hastings

First Grade

No their not, the field for the Roosters games will be running north south, the field is currently set up as the east west alignment for the Waratahs match this week, you can also check it out on the ticketek site, the seating plan for the Waratahs has the field East West but the. Roosters vs Souths game has the seating plan with the field running north south.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
I think this illustrates the league/union divide pretty well.

The Waratahs are catering to the trust members so they've oriented the pitch so the members viewing is on the sideline, whereas the Roosters will orient it so the best seats in the house are where anyone can buy tickets (The O'Reilly Stand).

I think this illustrates the league/union divide pretty well.

The Waratahs are catering to the trust members so they've oriented the pitch so the members viewing is on the sideline, whereas the Roosters will orient it so the best seats in the house are where anyone can buy tickets (The O'Reilly Stand).

The members model must really hurt the revenue of the Waratahs in particular. So many of those people would be season ticket holders without members.

TheRam

Coach
I am absolutely certain that Latham had a minor stroke at some point that went undiagnosed.

How on earth do you go from leader of the ALP to being so far right that Bob Katter reckons you need to back it off a skooch otherwise?

You may think he is far right by today's political upside world, but he would fit in well with most Labor Minister of the 60's and before.

Timbo

Staff member
The members model must really hurt the revenue of the Waratahs in particular. So many of those people would be season ticket holders without members.

Oh yeah, I mean if you ever watch a Waratahs game on TV from the SFS sometimes it's more than half the crowd in the members reserve.

I'm going to their game in Newwy in a few weeks it'll be interesting to see what the crowd is like. Likewise what the crowds will be like at their games at Bankwest stadium. The new CEO of NSW Rugby is keen to try and make union more inclusive and play it in more places, but the trust really had them over a barrel with their stadium agreement. The demolition of the SFS is the only reason why they've been able to spread the love a bit.

I think if Labor wins the SFS will get rebuilt, probably at around 30,000 to 35,000 capacity and not have the same gold plating the SCG Trust want.

The majority of sports that play their would be happy with the above outcome.

The only people that would be unhappy are the SCG Trust and Rugby Union (who want the biggest venue in the eastern suburbs so they don't have to play at Homebush). Them being unhappy is a win win in my view.

The most important outcome is to get Homebush re-developed into a great rectangular stadium of 75,000 to 80,000 capacity. Homebush is far easier location for the majority of people that live in Sydney to get to.

Latest posts