What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oceania Cup confirmed

Stallion

First Grade
It's not a valid point at all.

Of the 6 teams playing

NZ and Tonga are on the same timezone, Fiji only an hour behind and Samoa an hour ahead.

The UK will be Saturday morning, so it doesn't matter what time its on really.

Its only NSW and QLD that will be delayed. and who the f**k cares?

Those games will do more for the Islands and NZ then they would ever do for Australia.
The games should suit THEIR time-zones not that of Australia.

The "who the f**k cares" remark covers your attitude. And don't do the smiling assassin stuff with people that know your intent. You are not a genuine rugby league fan . You are a union stooge! That's fact!

Last edited:

Te Kaha

First Grade
Lol. At this time of year it's very different. It's much more user friendly for rugby league to be viewed at primetIme. That's why they call it primetIme. As customers and thethe internationals wI'll. not break any tv ratings records. You can take that as fact! The eastern seaboard of Australia is rugby league's biggest tv market. Go figure! PrimetIme coverage is not see friendly. Go figure again!

It will be viewed in "Primetime" in the markets that matter for the majority of those teams. How will delaying it two more hours benefit NZ, Fiji, Tonga or Samoa? Countries that need the benefit infinitely more than Australia does. Unlike you, most believe Australia isn't the centre of the world.

Pommy

Coach
Lol. At this time of year it's very different. It's much more user friendly for rugby league to be viewed at primetIme. That's why they call it primetIme. As customers and thethe internationals wI'll. not break any tv ratings records. You can take that as fact! The eastern seaboard of Australia is rugby league's biggest tv market. Go figure! PrimetIme coverage is not see friendly. Go figure again!

I would reply but you’re not coherent.

Te Kaha

First Grade
The "who the f**k cares" remark covers your attitude. And don't don't he smiling assassin stuff with people that know your intent. You are not a genuine rugby league fan . You are a union stooge! That's fact!

Once again hijacking a thread with an irrelevant post.. what a surprise.. NOT!

Valheru

Coach
I put this in the triple header thread but will post it here as it is being discussed...

Does anyone think there is a chance Aus/Tonga goes on last?

It would make sense if they believe the majority of the fans there will be Tongan and also makes sense for Aus TV. It would also give the Kiwi fans a chance to bail well and truly before the RWC final.

I suppose most NZ based Tongan fans are actually Kiwi fans as well though?

morningstar

Juniors
I put this in the triple header thread but will post it here as it is being discussed...

Does anyone think there is a chance Aus/Tonga goes on last?

No. NZRL would be insane to devalue their product by making the Kiwis the support act.

DIOGENES

Juniors
I think the use of “Oceania" rather than "Pacific" is unfortunate but at least we have already got an anthem

Stallion

First Grade
It will be viewed in "Primetime" in the markets that matter for the majority of those teams. How will delaying it two more hours benefit NZ, Fiji, Tonga or Samoa? Countries that need the benefit infinitely more than Australia does. Unlike you, most believe Australia isn't the centre of the world.

At a time when international rugby league requires relevance in its biggest market? Scheduling could have been much better. The Kiwis do need better scheduling arrangements for big rugby league events like the Grandfinal though. The 7.40pm kick off in NSW translates into an after 9.30pm view time in NZ. This market deserves better.A 5.30pm NRL gf kickoff would be so good in so many ways. So yes, I can see how the tv issues ride both ways. So I'm not really Australian centric. This particular international event has many dubious timing issues. But some can't see this.

I would reply but you’re not coherent.

Nope. You just cannot handle good business sense!

Last edited:

Burns

First Grade
Maybe moving the thread on a bit, I’m really torn who would be the best winner from Group B.

PNG - would be great to see them win something, a confidence boost after a pretty solid showing in the World Cup.

Samoa - the most likelihood of having, um, ‘players decide they want to play for them’. Could do a Tonga and surprise people?

Fiji - well, they beat NZ, and have made the WC Semis three times. But never seem to have the ability to actually kick on. If the NSWRL Team gets approved, a strong showing would be a fantastic boost to the game there.

Pommy

Coach
Maybe moving the thread on a bit, I’m really torn who would be the best winner from Group B.

PNG - would be great to see them win something, a confidence boost after a pretty solid showing in the World Cup.

Samoa - the most likelihood of having, um, ‘players decide they want to play for them’. Could do a Tonga and surprise people?

Fiji - well, they beat NZ, and have made the WC Semis three times. But never seem to have the ability to actually kick on. If the NSWRL Team gets approved, a strong showing would be a fantastic boost to the game there.

PNG for sure. It’s nice to see nations with homegrown talent succeed.

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
Everyone talking that the Triple Header will clash with the RWC Final as though the All Blacks making it is a fait accompli.

jim_57

Staff member

PNG would be ideal, Fiji next best outcome.

Valheru

Coach
Everyone talking that the Triple Header will clash with the RWC Final as though the All Blacks making it is a fait accompli.

How likely is it that the RWC final doesn't include at least one of NZ, Australia and one of the home nations?

Latest posts