What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB Lions Tour 2019

Burns

First Grade
Hopefully today we get a full announcement of 2019 Tests. Concerned that there will no mention os Samoa, Fiji or PNG playing Tests against each other as the second pool of the Oceanic Cup.

On the GB Lions, nothing else to add that hasn't been said. Its a farce that England are taking 12+ months off from playing any Test Matches. It's an indictment on Australia that they will not play GB.

Coastbloke

Bench
If I was any good at computer stuff I'd post a graphic of a world map with the caption 'RLIF World Map.'

France would be missing...

jim_57

Staff member
If I was any good at computer stuff I'd post a graphic of a world map with the caption 'RLIF World Map.'

France would be missing...

I was thinking there could be an outside chance they could play France in a warm up before leaving but with only 14 days between the SL Grand Final and the 1st tour games that's very unlikely.

Wonder if they'll try and find a game before the Tonga game, even if it is just a local rep team.

Pretty underwhelming, especially the complete lack of any games outside of Australia and NZ for the Oceania Cup/Shield. It is a start though.

roughyedspud

Coach
I think it's fair to say the announcement has got exactly the reaction I said it would...YEARS AGO..

a very small minority are nostalgic old farts who bleet on about history,memories and the god dam effing Jersey...

Everyone else is asking what's the point?

roughyedspud

Coach
It's also almost certain that GB has been invited to Sydney to take part in the world 9s.

One of the ,deluded,arguments for bringing back GB is that it'll help Wales,Scotland and Ireland retain players cos they'll be able to play in the big games for GB and carry on playing for the Celts in other games...

Well if we accept that the current GB team will be 99% English....then there's 40+ Celtic nations players that AREN'T going to experience traveling down under to play in the world 9s..

Well done...

ozenzud

Juniors
Australian league officials just suk. Really, they are an embarrasment. GB tour and they can't play?

Really is time to boycott the boring crap that is SOO. Heads so far up their arse they can't see daylight

BRING BACK THE TEST MATCH!!!

AUS V GB, France, PNG, NZ, Tonga, Samoa, Wales, England etc... hell even USA and Jamaica... I want to see internationals!

Storm13

Juniors
Even hearing Elstone dismiss Wales as a rugby league nation and how GB is the pinnacle was a little concerning. Know he has no say but when it comes to mid season test I don't see Super League accommodating a free weekend in the future.

roughyedspud

Coach
Even hearing Elstone dismiss Wales as a rugby league nation and how GB is the pinnacle was a little concerning. Know he has no say but when it comes to mid season test I don't see Super League accommodating a free weekend in the future.

Where has elstone dismissed Wales??

Stallion

First Grade
Australian league officials just suk. Really, they are an embarrasment. GB tour and they can't play?

Really is time to boycott the boring crap that is SOO. Heads so far up their arse they can't see daylight

It seems as if people whom don't want to see the game(RL) grow internationally are more than content to see SOO take the limelight. This creates a constrainment of the code and keeps it insular in its strategy for representative relevance. Other codes , particularly one noted as "big ugly brother " would welcome such a tact. "Let's keep them in their small environs and keep growing our code unhindered by rugby league as an alternative rugby on the world scene" Great thinking says the union biased person. The better looking code(RL)on field maintains its low exposure in the big picture worldwide! And no one dare question rugby union's place worldwide!

Last edited:

c0c0nutz

Juniors
To be honest treating GB like that we may as well call them the Northern Union Lions fgs! On another note if Welsh and non Northern players were to be selected; Kieron Dixon, Regan Grace, Tony Clubb, LMS would have to be looked at.