What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal thread \m/

Eelectrica

Referee
saw Slayer last night in Brissy, old f**kers have still got it. I haven’t liked any of their albums (3 of them) since ‘God Hates Us All’ as I think they’ve just run out of ideas (like Metallica) their old stuff still simply rips though. Tom’s voice was on point, best I’ve ever heard him sing live.
Yeah, was a great show, great setlist covering their career.
Kind of wish Anthrax could have played a bit longer.

Mong

Post Whore
brisbane’s is at the old QEII, no thanks.

Yeah that’s put me off. The best seats there are approx $250. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere but close in that stadium.

And it’s a horrible location to get to from my place. I’ve seen them 10 times previously so I’m thinking I will give it a miss (although my other half is keen to go as she’s not ever seen them).

Mong

Post Whore
Yeah, was a great show, great setlist covering their career.
Kind of wish Anthrax could have played a bit longer.

How do Anthrax sound these days? I can’t say I’ve ever been a massive fan although they have some awesome songs..

beave

Coach
How do Anthrax sound these days? I can’t say I’ve ever been a massive fan although they have some awesome songs..

They sound okay if you’re into that style of ‘metal’, they’ve never really grabbed my attention, I’ve found their music to be a tad vanilla for my taste.

beave

Coach
Yeah that’s put me off. The best seats there are approx $250. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere but close in that stadium.

And it’s a horrible location to get to from my place. I’ve seen them 10 times previously so I’m thinking I will give it a miss (although my other half is keen to go as she’s not ever seen them).

yeah I think I’ll be giving it a miss. I’d say they will announce a few more dates per city from the looks of the schedule, there’s quite a few days between cities. f**k knows what happened behind the scenes in regards to venue hire but QEII simply sucks ass. They should have just done 2-3 nights at the entertainment centre. I know it’s out in the sticks but at least there’s a train line there and a considerable amount of parking, QEII has neither.

Their last album was pretty shitful too IMO, It’s not enough to encourage me to go, if it was their last tour than for sure I’d be there but alas....

Eelectrica

Referee
I thought they sounded good. I've been a fan of Anthrax for a while.

Witj Metallica, I'll probably go. When I heard it was a stadium tour I just assumed it was Suncorp. Can't even remember the last time I was at QE2. Probably a Bronco's parra game while Suncorp was renovated.
Even Carrarra stadium would have been a better choice.

Last edited:

Mong

Post Whore
yeah I think I’ll be giving it a miss. I’d say they will announce a few more dates per city from the looks of the schedule, there’s quite a few days between cities. f**k knows what happened behind the scenes in regards to venue hire but QEII simply sucks ass. They should have just done 2-3 nights at the entertainment centre. I know it’s out in the sticks but at least there’s a train line there and a considerable amount of parking, QEII has neither.

Their last album was pretty shitful too IMO, It’s not enough to encourage me to go, if it was their last tour than for sure I’d be there but alas....

I liked a number of songs off the last few albums. Asides from st anger their albums in recent times have had a lot of good stuff.

If they did three shows at BEC again I’d go to all three again especially given the stage and drone set up their indoor shows have on this tour.

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach

I'm willing to pay the $250 for ANZ Stadium just to see Slipknot. Having Metallica as the headline is just a bonus. Always wanted to see them but wouldn't be paying that much if they had someone else opening for them.

Mong

Post Whore
I'm willing to pay the $250 for ANZ Stadium just to see Slipknot. Having Metallica as the headline is just a bonus. Always wanted to see them but wouldn't be paying that much if they had someone else opening for them.

Last time they were here with Lamb of God.. I had a great two weeks following both bands around :)

beave

Coach
I’ve seen slipnnot live twice, thought they were ordinary TBH. Corey’s voice is horrible

it depends who’s running the desk. His vocals can get lost in the mix deluxe if it’s not elevated in volume because the music is pretty intense. Check out Stonesour mate if you wanna hear his voice at it’s best.

Vic Mackey

Referee
56F0E68A-5315-44FE-BF2F-312176A71BAE.jpeg Despite this clearly being a last ditch attempt from Rob to stay relevant, this would be pretty sick. Hopefully comes to Australia

beave

Coach
They’re playing 2 acts. Second act is BME start to finish

Anyone know what Chris Kontos has done for the past 25 years? He fcking slayed it on that album

Holy f**k, the original MH is pretty much back!!!!!!

i followed him (Kontos) on instagram when i had it, I didn’t think he was doing much music wise from memory (more
bikes n shit) glad he’s back on the sticks along with Logan. Might be the rejuvenation of the band it’s desperatley needed since their 2nd album. I’m there if they come to Oz.