What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Intrust Super Cup

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Draw comes out this Wed, Round 1 revealed today.

Round 1 (March 9-10)

• Souths Logan Magpies v CQ Capras
  • Easts Tigers v Mackay Cutters
  • Norths Devils v Burleigh Bears
  • Ipswich Jets v Townsville Blackhawks
  • Tweed Heads Seagulls v PNG Hunters
  • Northern Pride v Redcliffe Dolphins
  • Sunshine Coast Falcons v Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Full article: https://www.qrl.com.au/news/20182/122/102/change-is-coming-to-the-intrust-super-cup/

Junior draws (20s and 18s) out Thursday.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Draw is now up - follow for updates all year @ http://bit.ly/2019ISCDraw

Finals is now top 8 format in line with NRL and NSWRL, season kicks off a week before the NRL and finishes a week before the NRL, 23 rounds over 26 weeks - two full clubs bye weekends and one split round. Country Week is Round 18 with all venues TBC.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Wynnum 24-20 up with six minutes to go and the referee plucks out a nothing penalty on the last tackle. Sunshine Coast score and win the match.

At least twenty worse rucks incidents during the game and no action. Everything that frustrates me about Rugby League there on display in the first game.

I see an article with the rule changes on the QRL site. What's the point? The officials can't police the existing ones consistently.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Wynnum 24-20 up with six minutes to go and the referee plucks out a nothing penalty on the last tackle. Sunshine Coast score and win the match.

At least twenty worse rucks incidents during the game and no action. Everything that frustrates me about Rugby League there on display in the first game.

I see an article with the rule changes on the QRL site. What's the point? The officials can't police the existing ones consistently.
I’m not allowed to like Wynnum let’s make that clear being a dolphin lol, but I must admit the Wynnum fans are f**king mental lol. They look like they have a better team more competitive one this year, it’s good for the qld cup. I still remember the 2012 ?? final Wynnum vs Redcliffe, it was f**king awesome walking into the Caxton and getting massively abused lol, it was proper tribal

mikail-eagle

Bench
Full Round 1 Results

1. Norths Devils 28 Burleigh 22
2. Souths Logan 14 Central Capras 36
3. Tweed Heads 10 PNG Hunters 0
4. Ipswich Jets 6 Townsville 34
5. Northern Pride 22 Redcliffe 18
6. Sunshine Coast Falcons 26 Wynnum Manly 24
7. Easts Tigers 24 Mackay 12

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Full Round 1 Results

1. Norths Devils 28 Burleigh 22
2. Souths Logan 14 Central Capras 36
3. Tweed Heads 10 PNG Hunters 0
4. Ipswich Jets 6 Townsville 34
5. Northern Pride 22 Redcliffe 18
6. Sunshine Coast Falcons 26 Wynnum Manly 24
7. Easts Tigers 24 Mackay 12
Disappointing that the hunters didn’t score any points. Who are their pivots this year? #6#7#9?

mikail-eagle

Bench
Disappointing that the hunters didn’t score any points. Who are their pivots this year? #6#7#9?

Yeah I can't remember the last time or if the Hunters had ever been held scoreless in match.
The #6#7#9 were Charlie Simon, William Mone and Patriack Morea.

All 3 of them were part of the Hunters last year. Charlie Simon mostly came of the bench and deputized for Ase Boas when he was injured last year. William Mone is only 21 and I think only played 1 game last year when Watson Boas was out. Patrick Morea is a second rower but played hooker in this game because the new first choice hooker is still injured.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Yeah I can't remember the last time or if the Hunters had ever been held scoreless in match.
The #6#7#9 were Charlie Simon, William Mone and Patriack Morea.

All 3 of them were part of the Hunters last year. Charlie Simon mostly came of the bench and deputized for Ase Boas when he was injured last year. William Mone is only 21 and I think only played 1 game last year when Watson Boas was out. Patrick Morea is a second rower but played hooker in this game because the new first choice hooker is still injured.
Who’s the injured hooker?

mikail-eagle

Bench

Round 2

16.03. 16:00 Burleigh Bears vs Ipswich Jets
16.03. 18:00 Mackay Cutters vs Souths Logan Magpies
16.03. 18:00 Norths Devils vs Easts Tigers
16.03. 18:00 Redcliffe Dolphins vs Sunshine Coast Falcons
16.03. 19:00 Central QLD Capras vs Wynnum Manly Seagulls

17.03. 12:10 Tweed Heads Seagulls vs Townsville Blackhawks
17.03. 15:00 PNG Hunters vs Northern Pride

mikail-eagle

Bench
Hunters got pumped again and they scored no points again. Hope their fans give this new look young team time to gel.

Some changes this week to the Hunters spine.

Bland Abavu moved from centre to Fullback. Straight swap with Joe Joshua who moves to centre.
Charlie Simon moved from Five-Eight to Hooker. Last weeks Hooker Patrick Morea has been dropped.
Justin Yoka to make his debut at Five-Eight.
William Mone will keep his halfback spot for now.

Also news came overnight that Ase Boas is on his way back to PNG from Featherstone Rovers. Not sure at this stage if he is coming straight back into the Hunters or going somewhere else.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Some changes this week to the Hunters spine.

Bland Abavu moved from centre to Fullback. Straight swap with Joe Joshua who moves to centre.
Charlie Simon moved from Five-Eight to Hooker. Last weeks Hooker Patrick Morea has been dropped.
Justin Yoka to make his debut at Five-Eight.
William Mone will keep his halfback spot for now.

Also news came overnight that Ase Boas is on his way back to PNG from Featherstone Rovers. Not sure at this stage if he is coming straight back into the Hunters or going somewhere else.
Who are the hunters playing this week ME?

mikail-eagle

Bench
This weeks full Fixture List.

23.03. 18:00 Ipswich Jets vs Easts Tigers
23.03. 18:00 Northern Pride vs Townsville Blackhawks
23.03. 19:30 Mackay Cutters vs Central QLD Capras

24.03. 12:10 Wynnum Manly Seagulls Vs Redcliffe Dolphins
24.03. 14:00 Burleigh Bears vs Tweed Heads Seagulls
24.03. 15:00 PNG Hunters vs Sunshine Coast Falcons
24.03. 15:00 Souths Logan Magpies vs Norths Devils

I think the Hunters maybe loosing again this week. But hopefully this put some points on the scoreboard.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Full Round 3 Results.

23.03. Northern Pride 4 Townsville Blackhawks 20
23.03. Ipswich Jets 20 Easts Tigers 22
23.03. Mackay Cutters 42 Central Capras 20

24.03. Wynnum Manly Seagulls 18 Redcliffe Dolphins 10
24.03. Burleigh Bears 32 Tweed Heads Seagulls 4
24.03. Souths Logan Magpies 16 Norths Devils 42
24.03. PNG Hunters 26 Sunshine Coast Falcons 28

Redcliffe, PNG and Ipswich still without a win in 2019.

Latest posts