What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Iafeta

Referee
I've never played any of the Witcher series but heard so many good things about W3 that I'm keen to give it a go, how does it compare to Skyrim?

I really like Skyrim. Very addictive.

But w3 has so many more ways to play. The storyline is less linear. The characters are brilliant. Graphically it destroys Skyrim.

Would rate it much higher tbf.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The Witcher 3 is a masterpiece of story telling in gaming. It does have some flaws though if a person is really into rpgs because as pointed out by eelectrica Geralt is a predefined character. It’s an action rpg but you are geralt and are more or less only presented with the options he would take

CDPR seriously underestimated how much time people would spend stuffing about velen so the average player is a walking god around level 10 especially with an alchemy build. Even death match is relatively easy after awhile

Still the game rocks even if the combat is a bit easy after awhile.

Smack

Coach
apex legends, its OK but if you don't team up with 2 friends you usually get autists and they ruin the fun

GongPanther

Referee
+1 to Alien Isolation. Very underrated game for some reason.

I picked that one up on a Steam sale a couple of years back, didn't regret that for a second. Kind of rage inducing at times,but all part of the fun. Very tense.
For pure tense, sweat and anxiety in a game, this is a good un'.

Apey

Staff member
Yikes. She got it for me when it was $30 something. I'd wait for a sale. Its a lot of fun but I wouldn't pay that for many games.

Iafeta

Referee
I got it on a PS sale. Something like $20? Wait for a deep deep sale. It’s significantly improved from when it was first released (basically provided what they said it was going to). It’s ability to generate unique planets is great. But I still them all quite similar with different gas atmospherics. The mission is really like building a kit house. Get part b2 connect it with joiner J7 type stuff. Yes, it gives you a reason to go to another planet but it’s so mind numbily boring.

I thought it’d be great. I love the old Star Wars and by gawd I did planet models for science presos as a kid. But this is more working on a production line than having fun with different environments.

Iafeta

Referee
Playing FIFA 19s journey at the moment. The cut scenes are really well done. The story is quite cool. The television presentation for the different modes is really well done. However the gameplay at times is rank bad. One of the story’s you play as a left winger... but no matter what your player rating will get stung with poor positioning. If for example you see a loose ball near the box and take a shot that is blocked and then hoofed away, you will get a rating reduction and a warning for poor positioning. It’s like Football Manager, and telling your players to play ultra rigid. You stay in that damn shape no matter what.

Also playing along with Witcher 3 still, Far Cry 5. I always end up hallucinating from staying in the flowers too long. When dudes are charging you or a high as a kite big cat is coming straight at you and you are reloading it’s a good adrenaline rush.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Splitting my time between Skyrim, Neverwinter, Elder Scrolls Online, and Fallout 76 lately. The new Wild Appalachia expansion that is rolling out over the coming weeks is a really positive step towards fixing some of the latter's more glaring errors.

Pommy

Coach
Just competed Detroit become human with my Mrs, it’s not to everyone’s taste but I thought it was great. Probably just below heavy rain but much better than beyond two souls.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Recently completed Alien Isolation on Nightmare mode...whoa

Now I'm splitting my time between Dishonored (have never played this game), Stardew Valley (y'all can laugh at me for this one, but it's oddly addictive!) and WWE 2k19 (trying to unlock all of the superstars)

Latest posts