What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
Unless he plans on playing for the Mackay Cutters in the QRL for the rest of his career, that’s gonna be a big problem.
Strange that he spent about 3 years at Souths and then departed just when he was nearing the top grade.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
McIlwrick's departure may leave us a little skinny in the hooker position but Brittain has been in our system for a while now and I think he can do the job if required. He played well in the trials he played and it seems he is rated by the club. He can step up and I believe he'll make his debut this year at some stage around Origin time if everything goes to plan for Cook.

Travitoh

First Grade
When Cook is a lock for the 9 and Brittain seemingly a more than capable option in reserve, i don't see a need to carry another out and out hooker in the 30 man squad.
In an injury crisis, we can always call someone up from reserve to the squad to cover.
Just my opinion but carry 2 players for each starting spot and an extra 4 to fill out the bench.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
When Cook is a lock for the 9 and Brittain seemingly a more than capable option in reserve, i don't see a need to carry another out and out hooker in the 30 man squad.
In an injury crisis, we can always call someone up from reserve to the squad to cover.
Just my opinion but carry 2 players for each starting spot and an extra 4 to fill out the bench.

That would be perfect in an ideal world but are we sure Brittain can handle 80? It took Cook a while to get used to 80 in the NRL and he was playing off the bench for a fair bit. I like Brittain though I think his in the same mould as the Luke/Cook hookers we need.

RunRabbitRun69

Juniors
That would be perfect in an ideal world but are we sure Brittain can handle 80? It took Cook a while to get used to 80 in the NRL and he was playing off the bench for a fair bit. I like Brittain though I think his in the same mould as the Luke/Cook hookers we need.
Cook dominated any time he was given the full 80 minutes. We just kept reverting back to playing two hookers in the 17 because....who knows why? Madge just seems to love that tactic.

Brittain's a fit little bastard and never had issues playing 80 at NSW Cup level.

We also have Bayley Sironen, who's looked more than capable at 9 in the past.

McIlwrick is dead weight. No game management skills, provides no spark in attack.

Can pass and tackle reasonably well, but will never be anything more than a handy depth player.

Plus him being around is blocking the path for Josh Cook to get game time at NSW Cup level

Travitoh

First Grade

Even if Brittain can only get through 50 - 60 minutes at hooker, i would prefer the 3rd string to be more of a utility who could also slot in at lock, on an edge or the halves if required. Even someone like Connor Tracey who's already there as cover for AR i would view as a possible option. Or with the edge forwards already operating at D-Half out wide last season, we could use Murray or whoever is at lock in the middle and run an extra middle forward instead. In a limited size squad, flexibility is key for depth.

handyman2190

Bench
Inglis will play. Passed a fitness test this morning.
Just some of the reports that his tank is not full and he doesn't look happy, i know alot of media reports are guesswork and maybe shouldnt be believed in some cases, but i cant get over the gut feeling that alls not right with him, if the rorters centres do us like the last game we played his confidence is gona take a massive hit