What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Mary's Contract Be Extended For another 3 Year Term?

Sould Mary's Contract Be Extended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SBD82

Coach
Think you should go back to work and I'm currently in Sydney, all I can see is an old boys club that needs to be disbanded.. .....
I think that’s a terrible attitude. No way should we disband the St George part of the JV. I believe that the St George part of our identity is incredibly important to our history and future. Shame on you for suggesting otherwise.

possm

Coach
I think that’s a terrible attitude. No way should we disband the St George part of the JV. I believe that the St George part of our identity is incredibly important to our history and future. Shame on you for suggesting otherwise.

Management is filled with untouchable people who just dance to the tune of the old boys club. It is just matter of snouts in the trough. They don't care about tradition, only about themselves.

gitano

Juniors
Management is filled with untouchable people who just dance to the tune of the old boys club. It is just matter of snouts in the trough. They don't care about tradition, only about themselves.
For someone who bangs on about tradition a lot, to hate the idea of an old player around the club who gets the joint seems a bit unusual.

Would selling out to a Sheik have been better from a tradition standpoint? Or someone who doesn't particularly care about our history?

As a fan it's easy to be outraged, and it may occasionally seem like a 'mess', but your average fan has visibility or knowledge of somewhere around 2% of the inner workings of our club. Have faith and support the club.

possm

Coach
For someone who bangs on about tradition a lot, to hate the idea of an old player around the club who gets the joint seems a bit unusual.

Would selling out to a Sheik have been better from a tradition standpoint? Or someone who doesn't particularly care about our history?

As a fan it's easy to be outraged, and it may occasionally seem like a 'mess', but your average fan has visibility or knowledge of somewhere around 2% of the inner workings of our club. Have faith and support the club.

Any change that would make the Board more accountable to the members would be move in the right direction. The current management do not respect our history or traditions they are just out for themselves. From where I sit most are absolutely wrong for the job.

grouch

First Grade
Yeah. Have faith in the used car salesmen and real estate agents on the board of this club. They are super brain geniuses.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Very sorry for the language, I was out on a bender.

What does it mean to have 'faith' in the club?

Straight Shooter
If having faith in the club means accepting the current regime, with a z grade coach .Then I say don't have faith in the club, until we have an administration that only wants to see the very best ...........

SaintPauli

Juniors
I think we will be shooting ourselves in the foot if we wait until after origin.

Mary’s value will only increase as the year goes on. I’d hate to see him priced out of what we can afford, or lose him to one of the bigger clubs with more resources.

I can say we should have a plan b coach replacement in mind too. Who ? NFI
But high expectation clubs like Roasters and Broncos have sacked coaches with similar success as Mary.

We should have striked while the iron was hot. That was LAST YEAR.
The horse has bolted and likely we have no choice but to sign Mary.

Old Timer

Coach
Very sorry for the language, I was out on a bender.

What does it mean to have 'faith' in the club?

Straight Shooter
It probably means that you are in ICU recovering from a full frontal labotomy and the club sends you a 10% discount voucher for Labor Funerals who would be great potential sponsors.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I don't think Git has answered this genuine question, so happy to hear from anyone else.

What does is it mean to have 'faith' in the club?

Straight Shooter
Faith in the administration to run your club professional. Having the right people in positions of authority .... ..How do you think we are doing.. . ..My opinion is it's a disaster

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I don't think Git has answered this genuine question, so happy to hear from anyone else.

What does is it mean to have 'faith' in the club?
For mine... having faith means despite all our frustrations, we are supporters and our relationship with the club comes via choice, family, desire or whatever it was that led us to support the correct club.. but it's only a part of our life, we don't have direct control over what happens...

however, those who operate in the club such as players, staff and "coach" do this for their living and have control over what happens... we need to have faith that they want what we want... success...

...and a new coach?

Latest posts