What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R1 Thu - Storm 22-12 Broncos @ AAMI

Round 1: Storm v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lockyno1

Post Whore
Melbourne were simply better at everything, 10 points flattered us because we scored 1 try off the back of a penalty the other was an intercept, Melbourne dominated us in the ruck and were clearly better prepared

I admire the way we dug in and fought hard to stay in the game with our defense but ultimately we were never really going to win the game, I seen enough to suggest we will have a good season (Bird and Gillett on the park playing relatively well was great to see), it'll take a few weeks to adjust to Seibold's coaching ways but like I said, I seen enough tonight to feel good about the season ahead

Bird played well? Ummm he gifted Melbourne 6 points through his uselessness!

Unless we have new halves in the next 3 weeks, we are bottom 4.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Can't pass the buck on the wrestle, either train for it or lick your wounds. Every run from the Storm has a purpose, so many wasted hit-ups from the Broncos and f**k all post contact meters. They've always looked slow to me though and part of that is a spine issue not connecting with the powerful forwards and outside backs.

Everything has just gotten progressively worse since 2015, it's frustrating to watch. Maybe they need to shake off whatever Bennett drilled into them (or the lack of) because they had zero set plays last year and looked like they had never trained with each other.
The same thing happened to my Knights under Bennett, most games it looked like the players had just met each other for the first time, total lack of cohesion. The only time we looked good was when Danny Buderus came back from injury and took us on a run to the prelim.

The sooner your guys cast off the Bennett shackles the better. You’ll get better in time.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

I think Nikorima is being harshly treated. Needs and organising half next to him.

Same with Milford, although I have seen sweet FA from him for quite some time.

Darius is not the player he used to be. Plus Wayne ain't there.

Gillett what a waste in 13.

Jimmy the Jet trying to out bogan Fifita and Dugan, the rats tail V the Mullets.

Spot On

Coach
Not sure what Seibs sees in Alex Glenn? A few changes in the pack and bench will help the immensely.

Bring in a halfback. If Nikorima could tackle he'd make a great impact hooker.

mongoose

Coach
f**k you load are a pack of whingers :p

I absolutely loved the game tonight
It was fast paced, the referees stayed out of things, the Broncos did well steadying things after they fell to pieces early.

Both teams kits looked great. But better than all that, the Footy is back

yeah it was a pretty high quality game for round 1 to be honest, these game threads are an abortion....the Eels or Sharks are not going to towel these teams up...

Brodie Croft and Hughes looked good for the Storm, probably going to be another top 4 finish for them.

Broncos have so much strike in their side but that spine is going to struggle this season. Was Milford or Nikorima even playing?

Tweed Titan

Bench
Apparently this Broncos team improved this offseason by signing nobodies and getting rid of the incumbent test middle forward and one of the most versatile outside backs in the game who would play for them during the origin period to boot. :joy:

The experts must be expecting a hell of a lot of improvement from Joe Ofahengaue, Andrew McCullough and Alex Glenn :joy:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
in 2 or 3 seasons time the brisbane pack could very well be tearing the comp up. Just have to endure at the moment and wait for good things to come. But a bottom 4 finish this year would be amazing to watch

blaza88z

Coach

Sure he made errors but some of his carries were really strong, we seen more of a contribution last night in 1 game than we did through the entirety of last season.

blaza88z

Coach
Apparently this Broncos team improved this offseason by signing nobodies and getting rid of the incumbent test middle forward and one of the most versatile outside backs in the game who would play for them during the origin period to boot. :joy:

The experts must be expecting a hell of a lot of improvement from Joe Ofahengaue, Andrew McCullough and Alex Glenn :joy:

To be fair Ofa is a promising player who will only get better, Glenn and McCullough we've probably seen the best of

insert.pause

First Grade

Why are you bagging Joe? He was great last year & not bad last night.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Sure he made errors but some of his carries were really strong, we seen more of a contribution last night in 1 game than we did through the entirety of last season.
himself and oates seemed to be the only ones making consistent post contact metres

Timbo

Staff member
Watching the replay this morning of the scoring plays, nothing will convince me that Darius didn't dog that tackle on Bromwich. He basically sidestepped him before flinging his arm out. Real inspirational stuff from the custodian.

big hit!

Bench
f**k you load are a pack of whingers :p

I absolutely loved the game tonight
It was fast paced, the referees stayed out of things, the Broncos did well steadying things after they fell to pieces early.

Both teams kits looked great. But better than all that, the Footy is back

stayed out of it too much when smith was the marker in the ruck.

don't understand how he manages to delay his peel off the tackled player for as long as he does and gets away with it every damn time.

Latest posts