What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges 2019

SBD82

Coach

Delboy

First Grade
Can’t believe the judiciary is so inconsistent this year.

Heaps of other players have done exactly the same thing, and nothing.

But lodge does it, and the NRL come down hard on him.
Do you really think he should not have been charged, not a fan of either team,but always looked to have been a chargeable offence.

Nothing to with the players name of club, just a very poor illegal sttempted block.

MrBlack

Juniors
That charge sheet could have read

minute of season 1st

instead of minute of match......

2 weeks is about right from what I saw.

SBD82

Coach
Do you really think he should not have been charged, not a fan of either team,but always looked to have been a chargeable offence.

Nothing to with the players name of club, just a very poor illegal sttempted block.
I’m not a broncos fan, but it just seems that they are constantly faced with adversity.

gerg

Juniors
Every single time a Storm player kicked the ball they were thrown to the ground after kicking it. Not chargeable offences, but grubby nonetheless. Seemed to be a clear tactic.
On topic: Lodge is a grub, more at 5.

Every single time a Storm player kicked the ball they were thrown to the ground after kicking it. Not chargeable offences, but grubby nonetheless. Seemed to be a clear tactic.
On topic: Lodge is a grub, more at 5.

There were a few of them that were so late (not dangerous, just late) they could have been penalised for tackling a player without the ball.

gerg

Juniors
There were a few of them that were so late (not dangerous, just late) they could have been penalised for tackling a player without the ball.

Agreed. I remember one on Smith late in the match where he was grabbed and wrestled for 10 seconds and then flung to the ground. I was expecting a dustup.

Saxon

Bench
Intentional, late and dangerous.
No attempt to pull out or mitigate.

I don't care who the grub plays for or who he did it to (I'd be saying exactly the same if it was say Bromwich on Nikorima) we need to get that shit out of the game.
Should have been a sin bin (they can do that now for dangerous play) at least or send off.

azza29

Juniors

I don't care who the grub plays for or who he did it to (I'd be saying exactly the same if it was say Bromwich on Nikorima) we need to get that shit out of the game.
Should have been a sin bin (they can do that now for dangerous play) at least or send off.
Couldn't agree more, shoving a bloke over after he kicks isn't "gamesmanship" - it's just a pointless dick move. Would not be unhappy to see a Storm player penalised for it either.

SBD82

Coach

Intentional? Maybe. But hard to prove.

Late? No.

Dangerous? Absolutely. And on this basis he deserves the suspension that he has coming his way.

Saxon

Bench
Intentional? Maybe. But hard to prove.

Late? No.

Dangerous? Absolutely. And on this basis he deserves the suspension that he has coming his way.
What do you mean not late? Watch the video again. Munster had kicked the ball before Lodge dived. It was well gone before he made contact.

And that's why I still think it was intentional. Lodge had plenty of time. He could easily have pulled out, or kept running and wrapped his arms around Munster. But no, he dived at the legs. That's no accident. It's not a misjudgement. It's not careless or reckless - it's a deliberate choice.

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
What do you mean not late? Watch the video again. Munster had kicked the ball before Lodge dived. It was well gone before he made contact.

And that's why I still think it was intentional. Lodge had plenty of time. He could easily have pulled out, or kept running and wrapped his arms around Munster. But no, he dived at the legs. That's no accident. It's not a misjudgement. It's not careless or reckless - it's a deliberate choice.
I had another look. I don’t think it was late. If he hits him in the shoulder I don’t think there’s an issue.

I see what you mean about diving at the legs though. Strong case for deliberate.

Saxon

Bench
Piss funny comment from Gillett.

According to nrl.com he said:
Lodge was "a bit rattled" by the charge against him.

He was "a bit rattled" by it. Wow. I imagine the poor bloke was quite shaken after bashing a couple of people, a home invasion and trying to smash his way through a locked door to get a screaming woman and child.

gerg

Juniors
Piss funny comment from Gillett.

According to nrl.com he said:

He was "a bit rattled" by it. Wow. I imagine the poor bloke was quite shaken after bashing a couple of people, a home invasion and trying to smash his way through a locked door to get a screaming woman and child.

"This is the night you dive" at Munsters knees.