What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2019

franklin2323

Immortal
I can’t see the single appearance of a non top 3 team podium(Perez)being repeated.
Whilst Red Bull will be quick they’ll still have reliability issues. You can count on Ferrari & Merc missing out from time to time so I’m confident we’ll see a bit more podium variety.

The top 3 teams don't bring many updates on as the season moves on. Baku usually throws in some drama

Life's Good

Coach
The top 3 teams don't bring many updates on as the season moves on. Baku usually throws in some drama
Baku is one hell of a race. I’ve really come to look forward to it.

On the updates, the level of development is intense. Whilst it’s not something you see on the track with endless testing(like in the Schumacher days)the amount of work with CFD, rolling road wind tunnel testing, engine dyno work is non stop(apart from the mandatory 3 week summer shutdown).
The top 3 teams are relentless in bringing mods to their cars all throughout the season(even the minnows, budget permitting).
There’s a story about Merc this year who, after feeling off the pace at the first Barca test developed an entirely new aero kit for the second Barca test.
Rest assured, the arms race will continue until the budget cap comes into effect(if ever).

Parra

Referee
Great book to read is How To Build Car by Adrian Newey. Refining the car is continuous. They need a good base though.

Also Brawns book Total Strategy I think it is. Both give a lit of insight into F1

Quali today should be great.

Life's Good

Coach
Ouch. Merc definitely had the sandbags loaded for Barca testing.
Hamilton did that with ease. Fastest in each session to having more speed when pushed by Bottas in Qualy.
The debrief at Ferrari would have been interesting.

Dodgy

Juniors
I would disagree that he did it with ease. I can't see that there was any left than what he had after Bottas' great lap. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come form Bottas as well. It'll be interesting to see if he picks off Hamilton at the first turn. A big advantage form MB means they don't have to be completely stupid about team orders.

Life's Good

Coach
I would disagree that he did it with ease. I can't see that there was any left than what he had after Bottas' great lap. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come form Bottas as well. It'll be interesting to see if he picks off Hamilton at the first turn. A big advantage form MB means they don't have to be completely stupid about team orders.
I meant ease over what Ferrari were looking to offer from testing. All short & long run pace in testing indicated the reds were at least half a second quicker but Ham has been quicker in every session by anywhere from between 2 to 8 tenths.
Agree that the battle with Bottas will be good IF Bottas can get the jump otherwise it will be a long afternoon.

Dodgy

Juniors
Posting now because it's taken me this long to have recovered from Bottas' incredible performance.

It's the talk all over the web.

Parra

Referee
Renault were not expecting to be behind Mclaren. Haas may have found some consistency. Rookies are all performing well. LeClerc om pole (and should have beat Vettel last race) - this is going to be a classic year and start of a classic era.

Storm13

Juniors
Been great so far. Think China will show us the real order of things as last year Gasly in the Toro Rosso showed the track can throw up anomalies. Hulkenberg with engine mapping issue which I don't think Ricciardo even beat his FP2 time in Q2.

Life's Good

Coach
Really happy to see Ferrari find their pace from testing(I was a bit downbeat with after the Silverwash in Melbourne). With Leclerc on pole it sets up an intriguing scenario around team orders. He’s justifying the decision to sign him up though.
I hope Gasly can turn it around because that Red Bull environment is brutal if he doesn’t.

Life's Good

Coach
Super disappointing for Leclerc. He controlled the race like a veteran & has the win taken from him through no fault of his own. The Italian press will have the swords out for Vettel who had a rather underwhelming race.
Kudos to F1, the new aero seems to be delivering when it comes to overtaking.

Storm13

Juniors
So many things to talk about but have no idea where to start. Only down thing so far this season is Williams but everything else has been too notch.

Verstappen is just keeping Red Bull out of that midfield pack but only just.

Pommy

Coach
How do the points work? Why did Botas get 26 for a win in Melbourne but Hamilton only got 25 in Bahrain?

Parra

Referee
How do the points work? Why did Botas get 26 for a win in Melbourne but Hamilton only got 25 in Bahrain?

There is a bonus point this year for fastest lap. Caveat is that the driver must finish in the top 10 to be eligible for the bonus point.

It was great to see Bottas get it - the team wanted him to take it easy but he made it clear he wanted to get max points, and he did it.