What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst NRL commentators

Worst NRL commentator

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Brenton Speed is hard to stomach I’m not sure why Fox wheel the bloke out on several sports.
Brenton Speed has the rare distinction of being able to commentate on 10 sports. Unfortunately, he’s shit at all of them. He should stick to the dogshit that is the W league with an audience of 327, crowd of 65 and goalkeepers who imitate having Jack Newtown in goal.

Sphagnum

Coach
Michael Slater. Remember when that absolute flog was hosting the footy show.

f**k you Nein, 2ky and now seven. Can't stand that fkn idiot.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Michael Slater. Remember when that absolute flog was hosting the footy show.

f**k you Nein, 2ky and now seven. Can't stand that fkn idiot.
was always great listening to him and healy give great bowling analysis and tips in the comm box. Be like gordo doing the same for goal kicking

Artiste

Juniors
JT and Billy Slater just awful ..& what's with Thaiday?? God no!!!
Too many Queenslanders, why so much pandering to the Queenslanders!??

Artiste

Juniors
Thaiday - F**k off
JT - faaaarrrkkk orrfff!!
Billy Slater - completely go f••k yourself

Saxon

Bench
Actually enjoyed last night's commentary. No Hadley, no Warren and best of all, no Gould.
Johns sans Gould was actually a good content expert - without all the stupid childishness that we are used to.

One of the few times in the last 5 years I've managed to get through a whole game without turning the volume down.

VictoryFC

Bench
Of the co commentators, keep Ennis and Gasnier, allow Slater chance to build and improve. Rest are expendable.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Justin Hodges - either he's mumbling to bad he needs subtitles or he's talking nonsense and you wish he was mumbling.

What a treat that was for us on Saturday with him on the sideline and Nable in the box.

Especially when Hodges said "G'day boys, how you going?" live on.

Fatty was absolute guff last night. Love him but the guy probably sinks 8 long necks before each game he calls

I give Fatty a hall pass in commentary. He's been a longstanding figurehead of the game that brought new audiences to footy. He also had that horrible accident falling off that truck and I don't think he's been the same since, and understandably so. I love the guy too.

Of the co commentators, keep Ennis and Gasnier, allow Slater chance to build and improve. Rest are expendable.

I agree with Ennis & Gasnier assessment. I think both are the most insightful commentators at the moment. Vossy is the best caller bar-none for mine. I've got no problem with any of the other "callers" - it's a tough gig and they are all individuals. I just don't like it when a caller turns critic - especially of referee calls that some have had a tendency to bang on about throughout a game.. It was rampant last year, thankfully not the same this year.

As for the rest - I think Anasta is way off the pace. Sensationalist and too often blurts something out without much thought. Ie the Corey Norman pass in the Souths game last thursday "that's a 30-40 metre pass!!"... Stuff like that just ruins credibility.

Who has impressed me though lately is Lara Pitt. She doesn't get much of a run in TV Games, more the sideline stuff and anchoring in the studio. I was put onto the podcast "You can take me now I've seen it all" by one of the forummers here (sorry can't remember who!) and Lara is very articulate, honest and insightful. I recommend having a listen if you haven't already. Warren Smith and Matt Russell very good too.

**Edit - @Last Week recommended it. Another thread in Media Watch fyi..

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hadley the worst by a long way.

Always with a political agenda, it is footy.

I either just do not bother watching or hit the mute button.

Disgraceful commentator.

Hadley the worst by a long way.

Always with a political agenda, it is footy.

I either just do not bother watching or hit the mute button.

Disgraceful commentator.

I watch Fox mainly but Nine on occasion (mainly if I’m away for work and don’t have Fox on tv). I didn’t know he was still on 9? Or you mean radio?

simmo05

Bench
Hodges and walters are f**king atrocious. They need to go back to school, or do speach therapy or something. Or just get a job digging holes

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
I agree with Ennis & Gasnier assessment. I think both are the most insightful commentators at the moment. Vossy is the best caller bar-none for mine. I've got no problem with any of the other "callers" - it's a tough gig and they are all individuals. I just don't like it when a caller turns critic - especially of referee calls that some have had a tendency to bang on about throughout a game.. It was rampant last year, thankfully not the same this year.

As for the rest - I think Anasta is way off the pace. Sensationalist and too often blurts something out without much thought. Ie the Corey Norman pass in the Souths game last thursday "that's a 30-40 metre pass!!"... Stuff like that just ruins credibility.

Who has impressed me though lately is Lara Pitt. She doesn't get much of a run in TV Games, more the sideline stuff and anchoring in the studio. I was put onto the podcast "You can take me now I've seen it all" by one of the forummers here (sorry can't remember who!) and Lara is very articulate, honest and insightful. I recommend having a listen if you haven't already. Warren Smith and Matt Russell very good too.

Thumbs up on Lara Pitt , my fav female journalist , prefer her to Yvonne Samson and Hana Hollis

Latest posts