What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Bulldogs

Blair

Coach
A headline from Stuff: Adam Keighran, the man replacing Shaun Johnson at the Warriors.

So no pressure on the kid, then?

Who replaced Grant Rovelli?

Blair

Coach
Yep, lefties normally spiral pass left to right a bit better than right handers do. Although league uses more of what NRL coaches call the '6 o'clock pass' as it floats more making it easier to catch...

There's a technical answer I've been waiting years for. I often wondered why the average union player had that beautiful spiral pass, and deadly accurate, whereas our leaguies float like a butterfly (but don't necessarily sting like a bee).

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
There's a technical answer I've been waiting years for. I often wondered why the average union player had that beautiful spiral pass, and deadly accurate, whereas our leaguies float like a butterfly (but don't necessarily sting like a bee).
Yeah the spiral delivers more speed and distance. Definitely needed in union at times.

sup42

Juniors
Historically in Union you get very technique controlled micro skills.
It was the game where what kids were taught is what adults emulate in the pro game.

Bit like Basketball, you have proper ways to pass a ball, and then there are the innovations brought in by players.

Offloading in Union ala SBW who himself admits he copied Ali Lauitiiti was not seen till a league player went to their game.

In league the rule is anything that works is good.

I don't know where union is placed these days, haven't seen a game in an age so cant comment.

If you want to understand Katas problem get out in the backyard and throw some balls, you will see a marked difference in what side you prefer to throw, its not rocket surgery.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
picard-facepalm.jpg

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Watch Jayden Brailey's bullet spirals either side, up there with Smith on that skill.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Gonna be hard to focus on footy tomorrow, but I hope SK finds a way to fire he boys up and rip in for the people of Christchurch. Feel bad for Isaiah P being a canterbury boy, I suspect the club would be letting him play if they hadn’t already stood him down.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Gonna be hard to focus on footy tomorrow, but I hope SK finds a way to fire he boys up and rip in for the people of Christchurch. Feel bad for Isaiah P being a canterbury boy, I suspect the club would be letting him play if they hadn’t already stood him down.
Very sad day here in NZ. Thanks to some Australian (with all respect), NZ will now never be the same.

Blair

Coach
You know I'm not an insensitive bastard, today's tough.

But it's game day, I can't believe it. Anyone got a live stream update? I'm at home these days, like last year, with ABC Radio Grandstand (I bought a neat little digital radio from an op-shop) so it's all footy now.

I'd like to see the pre-game though, the recoqnition of yesterday's tragedy. Pm me if need be.

Ps Crusaders v Highlanders game called-off today in Dunedin.

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Man it's tough to get excited for a footy match today, and I'm just a supporter watching on the couch. God knows where the players minds will be with all thats happened.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well I am informed by the lady on fox/sky that "the "bro" culture has gone" thanks to Stephen Kearney.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Well I am informed by the lady on fox/sky that "the "bro" culture has gone" thanks to Stephen Kearney.

On current evidence would you find a reason to doubt her? Kearney has always been a hard arse with players f**king around, and I think it’s becoming obvious that he’s got a long term plan to reform the Warriors from the ground up and it’s starting to show through.