What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Bulldogs

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
One missed tackle per game is a lot?

Waqa Blake & Tyrone Peachey appeared to be much bigger culprits in poor defending when looking at Penrith's defensive issues last year, and the stats support that.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Everyone still tipping us for the spoon , I don’t get it we finished so strong when we gave the kids a run, when we ditched the so called big names. I’m thinking sneaky chance at 8th or 7th

Dogs Of War

Coach
Everyone still tipping us for the spoon , I don’t get it we finished so strong when we gave the kids a run, when we ditched the so called big names. I’m thinking sneaky chance at 8th or 7th

Yeah. I think thats about the best we can do. We just don't have the depth that other clubs have. If we get lucky with injuries then we could be in with a shout.

The main thing is that we are building towards something this year. It's rare at team comes out of nowhere to win the comp. So it's all about building those combos and developing the players we have so hopefully next year we can really have a serious tilt at the comp.

I did enjoy our freeflowing attack that started towards the end of last season, and even if we don't make the eight, it will be enjoyable to watch.

___

Juniors
You don't see Napa as the enforcer, teaching some of the others to get some mongrel in there game? We really just replaced like for like.
We can argue that. Napa is just playing for a team, Klemmer on the other hand loved the dogs. He is another casualty of Des Hasler. I say that because Des brought Aaron Woods into they team (which he shouldn't have done, FFS, $800,000 of our cap), and then Dean Pay (rightly) let him go. Klemmer got the shits because his mate was released so he wanted to go as well. If Woods didn't come here in the first place, Klemmer would still be with us.

Damn Des...

Timmah

Staff member
We can argue that. Napa is just playing for a team, Klemmer on the other hand loved the dogs. He is another casualty of Des Hasler. I say that because Des brought Aaron Woods into they team (which he shouldn't have done, FFS, $800,000 of our cap), and then Dean Pay (rightly) let him go. Klemmer got the shits because his mate was released so he wanted to go as well. If Woods didn't come here in the first place, Klemmer would still be with us.

Damn Des...
The argument could be made that if Woods never came, Klemmer may have wanted to leave to join up with him too.

Either way it's in the past - both Klemmer and Des. We look forward.

The argument could be made that if Woods never came, Klemmer may have wanted to leave to join up with him too.

Either way it's in the past - both Klemmer and Des. We look forward.

??????

How can you suggest that when klemmer had been in the dogs team for years and never said he wanted to leave to be with woods

Timmah

Staff member
??????

How can you suggest that when klemmer had been in the dogs team for years and never said he wanted to leave to be with woods
Read the post. Klemmer wanted to play with his mate Woods - if Woods had never come to the Dogs they'd have still been mates regardless, so it stands to reason he may have wanted to leave at some point to play with him anyway.

Then again the whole thing doesn't make sense when you consider he went to Newcastle, not Cronulla.

Read the post. Klemmer wanted to play with his mate Woods - if Woods had never come to the Dogs they'd have still been mates regardless, so it stands to reason he may have wanted to leave at some point to play with him anyway.

Then again the whole thing doesn't make sense when you consider he went to Newcastle, not Cronulla.

Yeh but I may have been a monkeys uncle as well. Klemmer said he wanted to but in all the years he never made it happen and then didn’t chase woods to the sharks. Doesn’t add up

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Honestly Klemmer is over rated guys, he backs into the D and had slow as f**k play the balls. Solid forward but not needed. Des spent most of our cap on front rowers, wonder why we couldn’t score points. I believe Klemmer leaving was a positive

Timmah

Staff member
Honestly Klemmer is over rated guys, he backs into the D and had slow as f**k play the balls. Solid forward but not needed. Des spent most of our cap on front rowers, wonder why we couldn’t score points. I believe Klemmer leaving was a positive
This. He may have been 'one of our best' in recent years but we've been working from a fairly low base.