What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rationalisation of Sydney

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
It's not a party line. It's a pro rugbyleague line!
Advocating for other areas to gain a team ahead of CC is also a pro-league line but your party line is that you’re advocating for 1 team/area in particular and don’t like it if anyone suggests otherwise.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
No you don't love this game! Your disrespect emanates from your reckless ideas! But it's a free world. Keep wasting our time!

You are a traditionalist and I am an expansionist. So we obviously fundamentally disagree and there is nothing wrong with that, in fact without debate and disagreement, these forums probably wouldn't need to exist. But it doesn't mean that one perspective loves the game any less than the other.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Got to understand the geography and travel issues in this region. They are extensive like you would not fathom.The clubs are absolutely necessary fir rugby league's footprint going foward. These clubs are gold on a very hostile and less loyal market place.You dudes just can't work this out! We are trying to inform you but you still don't get it!

When you say ''we'' do you mean you and your three or four alt accounts?

Stallion

First Grade
Advocating for other areas to gain a team ahead of CC is also a pro-league line but your party line is that you’re advocating for 1 team/area in particular and don’t like it if anyone suggests otherwise.

Nope. I'm advocating not losing the established advantage noted longtime NRL/Sydney clubs give the competition in a competitive market place. The Bears and rugby league were shafted courtesy of a flawed superleague agreement. Just righting the wrongs and gaining more credibility for established support bases. A tad easier than flickingranting ones fingers and expecting an area not known for supporting rugby league to support it! Mind you the game is good enough to attract such new support. (but over time and with more expense)Just look after the heartland areas as well. Not whiteant the heartland areas when expansion can still occur without such lunacy and infighting. The game has been through enough! That's my stance.

When you say ''we'' do you mean you and your three or four alt accounts?

Think you are already embarrassed about that accusation. Still waiting for the apology stooge!? But it your style to not admit to your pathetic claim. And the other contributors are still waiting for some common decency via an apology. But no sign of this from someone of your questionable calibre!?

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
You are a traditionalist and I am an expansionist. So we obviously fundamentally disagree and there is nothing wrong with that, in fact without debate and disagreement, these forums probably wouldn't need to exist. But it doesn't mean that one perspective loves the game any less than the other.

Nope I'm both for consolidation and expansion! Even those type of things you get wrong!?

Stallion

First Grade
Whatever helps you sleep at night, Pony.

Look back at my original post on page 6. Respectful whist still offering an opposing view. I like how you try to twist people’s opinions as being anti-rugby league and anti-respect just because they differ from your party line of bringing in more NSW clubs. The only thing you’re proving is that you’re stubborn and can’t accept other people’s opinions without taking offence to it.

You speak of respect but don’t offer it yourself unless the person supports your point of view. It’s not just towards me either. You’re an actively belligerent keyboard warrior who can’t accept opposing views.

Sticking by my guns. And it might pay you to look in the mirror! "Pot calling the kettle black" stuff from you! But ignorance is sublime. Continue on.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
But geography, you’ve forgotten about geography lol

I see the idiots have ganged up again! PR & TCL. Hope you enjoy your time together. Thought the peanut gallery was shelved? Oh Well. So the dummies continue on bliss together not knowing the damage their ignorance of established fan bases of established clubs bring an asset rather than something to throw out with the bath water.

LeagueXIII

First Grade

I disagree, I would say he is both a traditionalist AND an expansionist. He, like me, sees the value in protecting our traditional clubs as well as growing the game.

Stallion

First Grade
Thanks LeagueXIII! ! It's pretty clear some like to categorize or pinhole comments to their way of thinking. This is regardless of content which as you quite rightly have pointed out advocates expansion and consolidation of this great competition. God knows it's an extremely vulnerable code as it is in the world scene! Weakening it's flagship competition is just another way of letting the bad guys(union etc) get their way.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I disagree, I would say he is both a traditionalist AND an expansionist. He, like me, sees the value in protecting our traditional clubs as well as growing the game.

You've basically reaffirmed that you're a "traditionalist"...

From your point of view so long as it doesn't impact on the traditional status quo expansion is fine, because that expansion would be totally inconsequential to the traditional status quo that you seek to preserve, however as soon as any form of expansion or change is suggested that impacts on that traditional status quo you appose it, i.e. any meaningful expansion or change that an "expansionist" would seek to enact.

So yeah you are a traditionalist, you're just implementing some mental gymnastics to define yourself as both progressive and conservative at the same time when that isn't possible when you get to the meat of any individual issue...

The Great Dane

First Grade
Thanks LeagueXIII! ! It's pretty clear some like to categorize or pinhole comments to their way of thinking. This is regardless of content which as you quite rightly have pointed out advocates expansion and consolidation of this great competition. God knows it's an extremely vulnerable code as it is in the world scene! Weakening it's flagship competition is just another way of letting the bad guys(union etc) get their way.

Somebody is projecting again...

tri_colours

Juniors

Being a traditionalist does not mean that your not an expansionist. I think we all want expansion. some just want it the right way(ie. without damaging what has already been built.) others just want it the wrong way.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
From your point of view so long as it doesn't impact on the traditional status quo expansion is fine, because that expansion would be totally inconsequential to the traditional status quo that you seek to preserve, however as soon as any form of expansion or change is suggested that impacts on that traditional status quo you appose it, i.e. any meaningful expansion or change that an "expansionist" would seek to enact.

So yeah you are a traditionalist, you're just implementing some mental gymnastics to define yourself as both progressive and conservative at the same time when that isn't possible when you get to the meat of any individual issue...

No I'm very happy for the Bears to rejoin the comp on the Central Coast, a second Brisbane team, Perth etc. Again, I think I've outlined this over and over. I'm not getting into silly arguments with you, that's where I stand and I believe having the Bears back is a positive for the game. Take note I haven't mentioned teams like the Illawarra Steelers or Western Suburbs. However would like to see teams in Perth, Brisbane, NZ#2 etc.

Out of interest what was the first season you followed rugby league?

Last edited:

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Being a traditionalist does not mean that your not an expansionist. I think we all want expansion. some just want it the right way(ie. without damaging what has already been built.) others just want it the wrong way.

Thank you, that's basically it in a nutshell.

RL has lost enough already, the biggest loss being the goodwill it had with the public it garnered under Arthurson and Quayle.