What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get your lollerskates on...

_Johnsy

Referee
On the forum but outside of this thread (which is at least in response to a dick media comment) there are thousands of unprovoked posts disparaging rugby union.

Ohhh silly me, I thought we were discussing this thread, as you said “ lots of chips on this threads shoulders”.

Are you a tad confused?

TheDMC

Bench
Okay, you guys win. If I hear anyone make a disparaging remark about league, I’m going to start a thread and be bitter about it too. Definitely the best approach.

Canard

Immortal
Okay, you guys win. If I hear anyone make a disparaging remark about league, I’m going to start a thread and be bitter about it too. Definitely the best approach.

Are you typing this in your school blazer?

King hit

Coach
Give me the NRL over the Super Rugby

I’m watching the Reds with dad and the Reds are so poor the Bulldogs would destroy them

TheVelourFog

First Grade
some pretty embarrassing behaviour in here, and any thread where other codes are mentioned

for people that don't care about the other footballs you sure do spend a lot of time talking about them

Rugby League is not the most popular sport in the world, who gives a f**k

BunniesMan

Immortal
Both of these statements can be true at the same time:
Rugby Union is weaker than Rugby League in Australia.
Rugby Union is stronger than Rugby League globally.

Chook Norris

First Grade
some pretty embarrassing behaviour in here, and any thread where other codes are mentioned

for people that don't care about the other footballs you sure do spend a lot of time talking about them

Pretty much. Some average comments in this thread. He is not wrong. League is not as popular on a global scale as Union.

Same can be said about the relationship between AFL and NRL. NRL fans like to wheel out the argument that league is bigger than AFL on a global scale (when AFL fans say thsir sport is more popular domestically). Well Union fans can then "one up" NRL fans on the same argument. That's what he's just doing here.

beave

Coach

f**k, and here I was thinking I was in a RL forum? Sorry, next time we’ll refrain from making shitty comments on shitty comments.....

FMD.