What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Cowboys

This Year?

Immortal
Don't worry it can only get worse. I recommend you get a carton of beer for next week and have a beer for every try that gets scored.

blacksafake

First Grade
Heaven forbid, if L plate wants to persist with Dufty on the bench he at least has to be brought on with 20 to go in both halves. Not just one stint in the last 10 hoping for a miracle. The fact that it’s putting too much pressure on Dufty to come up with the big will only lead to mistakes is unfair on him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Taumalolo was the difference tonight, nothing more than that.

If we're looking for finger pointing I would be looking in the forwards, not the backs.

For mine Vaughan was really disappointing, for a man of his size his running is almost turned to plodder status, yes he ran 130m but soft very soft. I am a big fan of his so I hope he turns it around soon. I thought Lawrie outshone him tonight.

Ravalawa had a decent debut, lets not forget he was playing park footy for the majority of 2018. His 10 tackle breaks lead me to believe he has got something special, maybe in the dry we will see more of his ability.

Thought Norman was ok, he was always, in attack, looking to create, but alas no-one would really run off him. Work in progress I would say.

Remember too that we had K,SIms out for this game and he would have added some spice when we needed it. Latimore just does what Latimore does, nothing more.

Disappointed with the loss, but there are some sparks there, it wasn't entirely a black out.

We will wait for the presser and McGregors use of the book of excuses 101.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
He was defending outside Aitken - rushes up and leaves his winger with a 3 on 1. That's harsh to say its his fault.
The Bowen try I get what you're saying. The O'Neill one at the end I feel like he could have defended but he did slip over so I'm on the fence there. But he really needs to cut out the errors.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
The Bowen try I get what you're saying. The O'Neill one at the end I feel like he could have defended but he did slip over so I'm on the fence there. But he really needs to cut out the errors.

If you go back and look he was marking he winger, the cowboys player that scored was the centre, so he did well to go back inside and try and stop him.

ALso note that Widdop was in the line inside of Aikten. I think Widdop isn't right.

Really feel for any dragons fans that were out there tonight. Deserved way better from our team.
Positives were few and far between but I thought Host played with intensity and impact.
Widdop made 2 great try saving tackles - one on JT.
Lawrie was the only bench forward to make an impact.
There are no match winners in the three quarter line.
Our wingers in 2019 are no improvement on 2018.
Was Lafai even on the field? Invisible!
Our kicking game was poor.
Our forwards were predictably dominated which then nullified our much vaunted attacking brilliance.
Errors leading to poor completion rate.
Disjointed and often clueless. We still don't have a captain or on field leader.
Finally, I have no idea why you would have two players on the bench that only get 10-15 mins.
Surely it has to impact the rest of the forwards.
We just look like a carbon copy of the last couple or years.
We are a poorly coached side and against the elite teams, we will struggle.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I’d actually put widdop to 5/8 dufty to fullback and Norman to the centers it’s only way I see us putting all playmakers on the field at once and still be effective anyway the cats scratching at the door must be hungry

I agree - and I’ve thought that for a good while.
A move that might gain some traction if we lose a couple.
I only heard the radio call of the match - as we’re stuck in the mud at the back of Walgett.
And the commentary seemed to suggest Norman hasn’t found his roll at 5/8?
I’m biased towards juniors & Xfactors: Lomax & Dufty would be in my runon side, with Field & Robson on the bench

jeffdragon

Bench
We have started previous seasons at full strength and been high up for a while.
Then towards origin we struggle.
We might not be as high up this year.
Then Vaughan hunt and friz will go. No luxury this year.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Positives were few and far between but I thought Host played with intensity and impact.
Widdop made 2 great try saving tackles - one on JT.
Lawrie was the only bench forward to make an impact.
There are no match winners in the three quarter line.
Our wingers in 2019 are no improvement on 2018.
Was Lafai even on the field? Invisible!
Our kicking game was poor.
Our forwards were predictably dominated which then nullified our much vaunted attacking brilliance.
Errors leading to poor completion rate.
Disjointed and often clueless. We still don't have a captain or on field leader.
Finally, I have no idea why you would have two players on the bench that only get 10-15 mins.
Surely it has to impact the rest of the forwards.
We just look like a carbon copy of the last couple or years.
We are a poorly coached side and against the elite teams, we will struggle.
Nailed it Dennis & get ready for the standard burn out factor in the back half of the season.....FMD!

SGMax

Juniors
Cowboys won with a lot of assistance the dragons who couldn't maintain their composure after all the mistakes and penalties and wore themselves out in the 1st half.
Also got a lot of sympathy from the ref who missed several NQ forward passes, imagined a few knock ons from the dragons and didn't keep the NQ defensive line back 10 all night.
Cowboys will get smashed next week.

Dragons looked good in the first half until the mistakes and penalties started.
From the first half:
* Ravalawa showed a lot of strength to bust tackles and made good yards.
* Norman looked good in the first half and I think he will get better.
* Impressed with Host's effort and speed / energy.
* Dragons were the better team...made more yards in attack and kept NQ to half way or further back most sets of 6.

I'll give the Dragons the BOD this week due to the conditions and the lack of possession in the 1st half.
If they can control possession better and limit South's opportunities in good field position, they are in with a good shot.
We didn't give Bennett too much worthwhile material to study for next weeks game.

Latest posts