What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyson Frizell injury update

gitano

Juniors
How about Robson to lock and switch with McInnes during the game.
Possm.

A moment to acknowledge a serious sounding injury to one of our best. You're straight onto round 2 selections. Ravenous.

They aren't robots. Consider for a moment how this could possibly be life changing for Friz and his family if he's had surgery there.

Disregarding that entirely is very poor form. Or as some would say, a mess.

Old Timer

Coach
How about seeing we are playing Souths who have a big and mobile pack, we then pick a mobile big body if Frizz is out?
Playing 2 smalls plus an iffy edge defender LL against them whilst we have no JDB, KS or TF is inviting them to smash you and they don’t need much of an invitation.
The Robson option IMO only works when KS & TF are both in the team as well.
The LL fitness statements in other threads now potentially comes to bite us on the arse.

BLM01

First Grade
Speedy recovery to Frizz..who toiled hard all night but still think him bashing in the middle is a waste for our attack. Saw the incident hardly looked like he got hit there...but them's the breaks.
Now this will test the big fella in charge on how he selects the team going forward without 2 of our best forwards and 3 for next week.
What worries me is the board will accept this in his legitimate book of excuses for early losses.

getsmarty

Immortal
Tyson Frizell has testicle surgery after freak accident
NRL Premiership
  • March 17, 2019 1:20pm
  • by Steve Zemek
  • Source: AAP
5845df2c86fe251c96bc35b674f6df5c

Tyson Frizell has undergone surgery on his testicles.Source: News Corp Australia
St George Illawarra forward Tyson Frizell has undergone surgery on his testicles after copping an accidental blow to the groin in Saturday’s NRL loss to North Queensland.

Frizell reeled out of an attempted tackle on Cowboys fullback Jordan Kahu and follow up scans resulted in the State of Origin star going under the knife.

722434_640x360_large_20190316211457.jpg

Friz hit in crown jewels

0:33
Round 1
He took to Instagram on Sunday, alongside a picture of him in a hospital bed with his son, today: “Not an ideal start to the 2019 season but so grateful to have you (wife Sammy) and the little man by my side to puta smile on my face.”

The Dragons said Frizell, who was moved to lock after Jack de Belin was stood down, was being assessed before Thursday’s clash with South Sydney at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium.

Tyson Frizell had surgery last night after a blow to his testes. Surgery is usually required when a testicle rupture occurs. Most require 4-6 weeks recovery, though there are some cases of early return. Kurt Capewell only missed 1 week last year after a similar surgery

— NRL PHYSIO (@nrlphysio) March 16, 2019
“On Saturday night in our game against the North Queensland Cowboys, Tyson Frizell copped a blow to his testes,” Dragons head of performance Nathan Pickworth said.

“Following the game, we investigated further with follow up scans which unfortunately resulted in surgery being performed in Townsville.

“Tyson this morning is in a good condition and in good spirits.

We will update Red V members and fans further as more news comes to hand later in the week.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/d1e81bdeca4a0027b583a9dd247319ab

Old Timer

Coach
Why him? There is no justice.
Maybe it's good old fashioned Kama after so many got their rocks off last year over the Cam Smith nutting by Latimore.
One should always be careful what they wish for or gloat about.
Feel sorry for Frizz as he has a lot of living to do with his wife and such injuries can be very nasty.
I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Had a twisted testy and that alone put me on my arse for over a week! so I feel ya Friz :( Couldn't and don't want to imagine a rupture! wishing him a speedy recovery!

JDHD

Juniors
Maybe it's good old fashioned Kama after so many got their rocks off last year over the Cam Smith nutting by Latimore.
One should always be careful what they wish for or gloat about.
Feel sorry for Frizz as he has a lot of living to do with his wife and such injuries can be very nasty.
I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

I want that shot of Lats nutting Smith played at my funeral

Old Timer

Coach
I want that shot of Lats nutting Smith played at my funeral
If that is how your mind works good luck to you and people say Smith is grubby.
If intentional nut punching or grabbing is about the lowest thing anybody can ever do on a footy field.
No, I take that back, it is the lowest thing.

JDHD

Juniors
If intentional nut punching or grabbing is about the lowest thing anybody can ever do on a footy field.

Smith is grubby. That’s why it was great to see someone finally smack him for it. If you watch the replay, he’s driven his elbow into Latimore’s face and then dug his elbow into the cheek like he’s driving a wicket into the ground. He’s lucky Lats didn’t deck him.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Pretty sure Lats was just looking for Smiths 2nd contract...

Wittenberg

Juniors
One of our very good second rowers in the 1970’s, Barry Beath, lost a testicle as a result of an injury in one of our games.

Old Timer

Coach
Smith is grubby. That’s why it was great to see someone finally smack him for it. If you watch the replay, he’s driven his elbow into Latimore’s face and then dug his elbow into the cheek like he’s driving a wicket into the ground. He’s lucky Lats didn’t deck him.
No problem with a punch up or belt him in a tackle by still can’t abide but grabbers regardless of what causes it.