What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taumalolo

grouch

First Grade
He will assume the throne of the kingdom of Tonga when he retires and probably turn the tiny island nation into a global superpower

nick87

Coach
What if the cap doubles or triples by then...?

The cap isnt going to double or triple in 10 years
But your point is well made, the cap is going to keep rising and that's sort of what you hope as a cowboys fan, given his style of play, Lolo could be one of those guys who at the back end of his career is so beat up that he's not really worth the 1m a year... by then the cap might be 13-15mil so that 1m isnt as tough to deal with

now of course the other edge of that sword is that for the next, what? 4-7 years you've got the best forward in the game and an all time great at a mil a year, which is a bargain. So that's kind of the deal.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
My pick for the Dally M this year. Usually 30 points gets you the medal and I think he has 10 man of the match performances such as Saturday in him.

taipan

Referee
I'm calling JT "Sherman" after the WW2 tank. Either that or "Rambo".
He is just about the most destructive,intimdating,fast ball runner, with pace and deception, I have ever seen play rugby league.And I've been watching the code since the First Fleet.

Matua

Bench
Dead to me. I'd actually like Queensland to be able to select him so that I can properly hate him. Fusitua is also dead to me except for each game he plays for the Warriors when he's alive for 80 minutes.

Can he lead tonga to a world cup victory?
No, the players around him aren't good enough and David Kidwell can't coach all of Oz, Eng and NZ at the next WC.

grouch

First Grade
The Cowboys are auctioning off the match-worn player jerseys for the flood relief appeal. Taumalolo's is already at $1900.

I think the secret lies in the gold teeth. He looks to have added some more gold to his grill over the summer.

He's been amazing since about the 2012 finals.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
My pick for the Dally M this year. Usually 30 points gets you the medal and I think he has 10 man of the match performances such as Saturday in him.

We shall see, but I dare say Morgan will take a few of those 3 point games off him. Then it depends on how many games the Cowboys win this year.