What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Waqa Blake Fan Club

mxlegend99

Referee
Dumb to react to niggle. Retaliator always gets pinged - particularly when its so blatant.

Can't keep whinging about the refs. Maybe there is a problem at the club with players being slow learners.
Refs only penalised Eels once in 80 minutrs of football. The second penalty we received was when the video referee saw the clear high shot on Isaah Yeo. On field referees somehow missed it yet when Jimmy got players high he was pinged immediately.

How is it they spotted 10 penalty offences from us and only 1 from Eels? Are you suggesting their discipline was 10 tines better?

Im not suggesting our discipline isn't an issue. I'm suggesting it's made to look worse when the referee only polices one team. We were entitled to penalties we didn't receive.

The onfield referee spotted 1 moment he was willing to penalise Parra ffs. 1 moment in 80 minutes.

Abacus

Juniors
Refs only penalised Eels once in 80 minutrs of football. The second penalty we received was when the video referee saw the clear high shot on Isaah Yeo. On field referees somehow missed it yet when Jimmy got players high he was pinged immediately.

How is it they spotted 10 penalty offences from us and only 1 from Eels? Are you suggesting their discipline was 10 tines better?

Im not suggesting our discipline isn't an issue. I'm suggesting it's made to look worse when the referee only polices one team. We were entitled to penalties we didn't receive.

The onfield referee spotted 1 moment he was willing to penalise Parra ffs. 1 moment in 80 minutes.
Or you know... just keep whinging about the refs. Whatever helps you get over a loss.

mxlegend99

Referee
Just bury your head in the sand. The referees missed Isaah Yeo getting kinocked the f**k out for christ sake. Took a video referee to fix a blatant high shot. Yet the second Jimmy bounces up of the ball its penalised immediately.

I suppose you think its acceptable for referees to only police one team. Personally I would prefer both teams played to the same rules and application of those rules. Video referee was consistent and fair. Onfield referee was anything but.

We deserved to lose. Im not suggesting otherwise. Im suggesting the officiating was about as good as the ball handling of our backline. Which it was.

Abacus

Juniors
Hahaha. You're taking this 1 pretty hard.

Nothing fair in professional sport. Everyone pushes the limits of the rules - the winners just do it better.

The question you should be asking is "why are we so shit at it?" Answer: dumb players doing dumb things at dumb times.

mxlegend99

Referee
So what did Jennings do so much better in hitting Isaah Yeo high than James Maloney did?

Other than knock the player out ofcourse. Its unacceptable to police only ond team.

Abacus

Juniors
We deserved the L, no doubt about that. But anyone suggesting the officiating was not an issue, is simply blind or obtuse.
Handling was the issue before officiating.

Need to get your own house in order before worrying about the refs. Focus on what you can control. Or just go on believing the world is against you and don't change a thing - if it floats your boat.

It seems a few people that have been shining their tinfoil hats in preparation for the season.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Handling was the issue before officiating.

Need to get your own house in order before worrying about the refs. Focus on what you can control. Or just go on believing the world is against you and don't change a thing - if it floats your boat.

It seems a few people that have been shining their tinfoil hats in preparation for the season.
First of all, when did I EVER say “the world is against me”? Secondly, I stated we DESERVED the loss, assuming the fact we need to fix our game was obvious in said statement. But sure, misquote me and put words in my mouth... if it floats your boat.

Abacus

Juniors
First of all, when did I EVER say “the world is against me”? Secondly, I stated we DESERVED the loss, assuming the fact we need to fix our game was obvious in said statement. But sure, misquote me and put words in my mouth... if it floats your boat.
Maybe you're just blind or obtuse? Anyone crying about refs is missing the bleeding obvious.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
We deserved the L, no doubt about that. But anyone suggesting the officiating was not an issue, is simply blind or obtuse.

You defend most of the game you will get more calls go against you. Calls shouldn't be an issue if you want to a be top team

mxlegend99

Referee
People can't blame hook.. I guess refs are the new fall guy
Who has blamed the referees for the loss? We're calling out poor refereeing along with poor performances of the players. It doesnt have to be one or the other.

Do you even watch oyr games? Did you not see any number of penalties missed where Eels were offside, flopped into a tackle, hit us a bit high etc.?

We got penalised for those things. Eels didn't. It took the video referee to catch Michael Jennings knocking Isaah Yeo out ffs. The referee was looking for reasons to penalise us. Yet completely ignorant of Eels committing foul play.

We were shit. Without doubt. Eels were better and deservedly won that game. But the onfield referee penalised us 10 times as much as he did the Eels. Yet our discipline was not close to 10 times worse.

If you cant get penalties at your home ground without the video referee needing to intervene then you're clearly not a well liked team by the officials.

franklin2323

Immortal
Who has blamed the referees for the loss? We're calling out poor refereeing along with poor performances of the players. It doesnt have to be one or the other.

Do you even watch oyr games? Did you not see any number of penalties missed where Eels were offside, flopped into a tackle, hit us a bit high etc.?

We got penalised for those things. Eels didn't. It took the video referee to catch Michael Jennings knocking Isaah Yeo out ffs. The referee was looking for reasons to penalise us. Yet completely ignorant of Eels committing foul play.

We were shit. Without doubt. Eels were better and deservedly won that game. But the onfield referee penalised us 10 times as much as he did the Eels. Yet our discipline was not close to 10 times worse.

If you cant get penalties at your home ground without the video referee needing to intervene then you're clearly not a well liked team by the officials.

Different refs as the trial yet very similar penalty counts.
Last year we conceded 240 penalties in 24 games.

Not every ref is against us.

Penalties go with possession in footy.. 30% possession with 67% completion the 1st half was were we lost the game

franklin2323

Immortal
Refs have always been the bad guy for basically every single NRL team’s fanbase whenever they lose by less than, say, 20.

Sure the Jennings 1st try was dodgy but then they had a fair try called back. So evens up. The hit on Yeo maybe they were always going to comeback to it. They often let it play out and then comeback.

age.s

First Grade
Well what ref calls cost us?

I thought there were several ruck penalties that could have been blown. There were a few instances of Parra players not really getting back 10 that could have been blown.

That's RL though, the rules are so open to interpretation and penalties are so punishing that it always looks like refs are managing games with a particular outcome in mind.

I'm not incensed about it, but the idea that there's nothing to criticise there is pretty silly.

franklin2323

Immortal
I thought there were several ruck penalties that could have been blown. There were a few instances of Parra players not really getting back 10 that could have been blown.

That's RL though, the rules are so open to interpretation and penalties are so punishing that it always looks like refs are managing games with a particular outcome in mind.

I'm not incensed about it, but the idea that there's nothing to criticise there is pretty silly.

You can pick apart every game though. Plenty of stuff we got away with too.

We had Mansour x 3, Whare and Edwards knock on coming off our line. Then finally get some ball only for Maloney to grubber on the 2nd. Then DWZ knocked on fielding the drop out. That was all before 30th minute.. we don't do that hold the ball and have possession than the penalty count is the other way

Latest posts