What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The Rosco

Bench
Yeah, fair point. I'm usually a huge grammar Nazi. Anyhow the way you guys spout all the quasi-religious referrences is laughable. Messiahs, Mantras and Karma. As if RL is part of the cosmic plan.
Mate, I don't know if RL is part of the cosmic plan, but looking at it celestially . . . there's plenty that live East of you and I that think Rugby is the game played in heaven . . . so once we work out the diff between cosmic, celestial and heavenly . . we can get back to why the 'riff is having such a terrible time right now.

macnaz

Staff member
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/9ca75a4a1aea3f8ca39dcbc42c244e82

Looks like De Belin smacked the NRL"s arse, good on him. It not over but Round 1 is his. It's the Dennis Tutty issue all over again. Restriction of trade (from memory).

I wonder if we should have went legal on them (NRL) as well, over the crap they spewed out.
Perhaps we should have , the weird thing is the NRL just basically halved shit without any explanation as to why we deserved it ?
As far as the Bellend goes he has nothing to lose .. it will be very very interesting if he is picked in SOS only to be found guilty down the track.

macnaz

Staff member
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/9ca75a4a1aea3f8ca39dcbc42c244e82

Looks like De Belin smacked the NRL"s arse, good on him. It not over but Round 1 is his. It's the Dennis Tutty issue all over again. Restriction of trade (from memory).

I wonder if we should have went legal on them (NRL) as well, over the crap they spewed out.
So reading into that.. the NRL just need a stroke of pens to ratify the rule and he is back to square one , he has had a slight redemption while the NRL rule is put into place , then its back to the courts again. So no win or arse kicking at this stage

gordsy

Juniors
So reading into that.. the NRL just need a stroke of pens to ratify the rule and he is back to square one , he has had a slight redemption while the NRL rule is put into place , then its back to the courts again. So no win or arse kicking at this stage
No win for him but gee it makes the Nrl look like a bunch of arse clowns who have no idea what they are doing. What are the chances of this being ballsed up before it's rushed. Also they have lied when they said he will be stood down under this policy when the policy doesn't exist. To me that would be grounds for appeal because you have shit all over his reputation using a policy that exists only in your mind but no where else. They also came out and said they spoke to lawyers etc before making this policy and were prepared for people to sue. More lies and bullshit. I hear Benny Hill music every time I see todd or peter the chest thumper. Can you believe that useless merkin Beattie ran an entire frigging state,terrifying.

One more point if Musgrove wasn't allowed to have his contract registered due to this non existent policy what does that mean for him ? Back pay, damages ??

Shredder

Juniors
According to the Face Book of all sources, the Tigers ave decided to cut Musgrove regardless of the outcome of his court case.

IF this were true, the only reason to do this would be that someone else was in the wings. There is no downside to holding out for the court case unless its simply taking up a spot for someone else.......

Fordy20

Juniors
I'm holding out for hope that this will allow us to bring Ava back from the Sharks. We are light on for props.

EDIT: I think it's the best solution all round. Ava doesn't have to move away from his young family, Segeyaro can start getting paid properly and we don't have to go looking for another prop to replace Musgrove.

I'm holding out for hope that this will allow us to bring Ava back from the Sharks. We are light on for props.

EDIT: I think it's the best solution all round. Ava doesn't have to move away from his young family, Segeyaro can start getting paid properly and we don't have to go looking for another prop to replace Musgrove.

We need another decent prop who'll make a dent or another decent 3/4 line signing.

Ava doesn't fit the bill IMO.

The Rosco

Bench
According to the Face Book of all sources, the Tigers ave decided to cut Musgrove regardless of the outcome of his court case.

IF this were true, the only reason to do this would be that someone else was in the wings. There is no downside to holding out for the court case unless its simply taking up a spot for someone else.......
It was in the league section of the Telecrap this morning.

gordsy

Juniors
No big shock we'd cut musgrove. His alleged misdeeds fall into the against women category so he won't play for us till late this season at the earliest. That is if we even have a valid contract with him. If the Nrl hasn't ratified his deal it could be null and void and he's off to another club, for more money too I reckon.

Can't we please sign some real props though. At this point I'd consider Ruan Sims

BrotherJim05

Bench
What about Herman Esese? I thought he was very good for Newcastle last year but now he's stuck behind Klemmer and Glasby he probably won't get a sniff

Tiger Ted

Bench
What about Herman Esese? I thought he was very good for Newcastle last year but now he's stuck behind Klemmer and Glasby he probably won't get a sniff
As a priority we need an outside back with express pace.
I was disappointed with Jennings’s lack of acceleration when he was in open space late in game right in front of where I was.Hes very bottom heavy & his strength seems to b bringing the ball back from our end of the field.Speed doesnt seem to run in the family.

trevcogger

Juniors
No big shock we'd cut musgrove. His alleged misdeeds fall into the against women category so he won't play for us till late this season at the earliest. That is if we even have a valid contract with him. If the Nrl hasn't ratified his deal it could be null and void and he's off to another club, for more money too I reckon.

Can't we please sign some real props though. At this point I'd consider Ruan Sims

That has to be a man Gordsy.......

trevcogger

Juniors
As a priority we need an outside back with express pace.
I was disappointed with Jennings’s lack of acceleration when he was in open space late in game right in front of where I was.Hes very bottom heavy & his strength seems to b bringing the ball back from our end of the field.Speed doesnt seem to run in the family.

Agree.....He should have pinned his ears back and went for the line..
Greg Alexander made a good point after that...He said the guy obviously has no confidence in his speed to outpace the opposition....I wasnt impressed by him at all.

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/1fa9be432ec923ff1b867d37208870d9
Robbie Farah hints he could play on beyond 2019 after stunning start to season

Barely 12 months after contemplating retirement at South Sydney, Robbie Farah has wound back the clock to inspire the Wests Tigers’ unbeaten start to the season.

Now the 35-year-old hooker has hinted that 2019 may not be his last year in the NRL like many were expecting.

Farah sits outright on top of the Dally M Medal count after two rounds on six points after starring for the Tigers in their back-to-back wins.

In Round 1 against Manly he scored two tries, while in Round 2 against the Warriors, he set up three for his teammates.

“I never thought I’d be in this position back at the Tigers and playing good footy and winning footy games,” Farah told NRL 360 on Fox League.

“I kinda have to pinch myself every day at the opportunity I got at the moment.

“Self doubt did creep in a lot going through those tough times at the Tigers. There were times I wanted to quit but close friends and family told me to just keep persevering.

“I guess you make your own luck in footy if you hang in there and work hard.”

At his age Farah admitted he had some concerns as to how his body would handle another pre-season, especially under coach Michael Maguire.

Farah said he took a lot of confidence out of being able to survive the gruelling sessions.

When it was put to him that he said 2019 was going to be his last year in the NRL, Farah replied: “Did I?”

The former Australia and NSW representative said he wasn’t sure what was next for him once he retires.

“For me, I’m just trying me best not to look too far down the track,” he said.

“If it’s going to be my last year, I’m going to have as much fun as I can and that’s what I’m doing that the moment.”

Struggling for a start at the Rabbitohs in Damien Cook’s shadow, Farah thought about pulling the plug in early 2018 before jumping at a mid-season return to his spiritual home, the Tigers.

Farah admitted he never got used to being a Rabbitoh during his 18-month stint, having spent 14 seasons at the Tigers.

“I just found the transition difficult. Leaving the Tigers was hard. It probably took me a while to get over that,” Farah told media after the team’s 34-6 win over the Warriors on Sunday.

“At Souths I probably never felt like I fit in.

“Even though I was at the Rabbitohs, I was still ‘Robbie from the Tigers’.”

Farah may have never belonged at the Rabbitohs, but said it had nothing to do with former South Sydney coach Michael Maguire, whose tenure was cut short at the end of 2017.

Farah said he had embraced the chance to reunite with his former mentor, who took up the Tigers reins on a three year deal in 2019.

“I struggled with my transition (at Rabbitohs) but it had nothing to do with Madge,” he said.

“I was the No.1 advocate for him coming to the Tigers. I was chuffed that they got him as our coach.”

Backing up from his first round heroics against Manly, Farah was again at his inspirational best in the win over the Warriors to take the joint venture to the top of the table.

Asked if his form was sustainable at his age, Farah said: “I don’t know whether it is sustainable or not.

“(But) it’s easy to play well when you are back home and enjoying your footy and that’s what I am doing.”

Why not, if he is good enough, I think he is around Cam Smith's age?

Latest posts