What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Reed Mahoney Appreciation Thread

Gronk

Staff member
Great thread.

Need some clarity on his size. How does 5'8' / 85kgs compare with other hookers in the comp ?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Great thread.

Need some clarity on his size. How does 5'8' / 85kgs compare with other hookers in the comp ?

Wikipedia

Robbie Farah 179cm 90kg
Cameron Smith 185cm 90kg
Isaac Luke 174 cm 91kg
Josh Hodgson 180cm 97kg
Jake Friend 175cm 92kg

IFR33K

Coach
Just finished watching a replay of the game, and I feel he deserves his own thread.

He's tough, he's smart, and he is very skilful.

Plus, he has controlled aggression.

We looked really good when he was our dummy half, and dropped off a bit once Smith came on.

Massive fan of the man.

Why aren’t you working?

Bazal

Post Whore
He's got the potential. Still looks unpolished, obviously, but that will come with experience.

I liked seeing him kick, even if it was just the one. I think if he can develop a half decent kick at this level and get a little bit more speed off the mark from acting half he will be a very threatening hooker. Also if I was to be critical I do think he throws too many "flat" passes, but again, experience will hopefully sort that.

Gazzamatta

Coach
When throwing his long pass his wind up was rather extenuated. Not being critical just something opposition coaches will target. Development continues as it should at his age. Very pleasantly surprised. One tough little bugger. Im now a fan.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just finished watching a replay of the game, and I feel he deserves his own thread.

He's tough, he's smart, and he is very skilful.

Plus, he has controlled aggression.

We looked really good when he was our dummy half, and dropped off a bit once Smith came on.

Massive fan of the man.
He’s a bloody little terrier, loved the way he stood up to RCG.

He looked like his game has gone to another level with a big pre season.

crocodile

Bench
When throwing his long pass his wind up was rather extenuated. Not being critical just something opposition coaches will target. Development continues as it should at his age. Very pleasantly surprised. One tough little bugger. Im now a fan.
He's got time on his side to work on that. Sometimes it can be exploited. The long windup attracting edge forwards in for an easy kill only to be hoodwinked by the dummy that follows. Unfortunately, it doesn't work forever.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
He's got the potential. Still looks unpolished, obviously, but that will come with experience.

I liked seeing him kick, even if it was just the one. I think if he can develop a half decent kick at this level and get a little bit more speed off the mark from acting half he will be a very threatening hooker. Also if I was to be critical I do think he throws too many "flat" passes, but again, experience will hopefully sort that.

He's already a pretty good kicker out of dummy half. He nailed a few 40/20's whilst playing in our NYC and Flegg teams, believe he kicked a couple whilst playing for Wenty. I'd say he hasn't kicked much in first grade because of his lack of experience, so he's letting the first grade players kick the ball more. As he gains experience he'll be kicking more I reckon.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
He didn't take a backward step from a towering Campbell-Gillard. Maybe his size doesn't matter so much.

Yeah but Campbell-Gillard is soft. Yet another overhyped merkin from that club, it all started with that useless lump Adam Docker and has continued. It doesn't help them that they're media darlings so when the players read the paper it's always someone else's fault, never theirs.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Is there anything this little merkin can’t do?

Citizen on Patrol: Mahoney to the rescue at car crash
Author
Michael ChammasChief Reporter
Timestamp
Mon 18 Mar 2019, 05:41 PM

Parramatta hooker Reed Mahoney has been credited for rushing to the aid of a car crash victim on his way home from Sunday’s victory over Penrith at Panthers Stadium.

Mahoney was one of the first to jump out of his car when another vehicle lost control on the M4 in St Clair on Sunday night, smashing into the barrier and sliding into the middle of the road.

The young rake, who only a couple of hours earlier had helped the Eels to victory in their first match of the year against the Panthers, stayed with the driver until help arrived on the scene.

Club officials were unaware of Mahoney’s actions when contacted on Monday but they weren’t surprised given his character.

"Reed’s a terrific young bloke," chief executive Bernie Gurr said.

remote.axd

Mahoney starts it and finishes it

"We’re happy that he does a lot of good community work, so it doesn’t surprise us that he stopped to help a person in need.

"That’s the type person he is. That’s the type of person we want at the club. It’s a credit to him."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/18...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent