What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rd1: Parramatta v Penrith LIVE GAME DAY thread March 17

Happy MEel

First Grade
Shaun Lane's mouthguard....

D1599ClUYAIa_IY
I just thought he had braces.

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
A good solid performance yesterday. Shows the attitude in the team has increased a lot since last year. Ok its only one game but to me they played as a team back to where they were in parts of 2016 and most of 2017, it was good to watch. A lot of credit to the new guys in the team, Fergo and Lane. Well done on the first Parra performance, never let the side down and gave us plenty of hope for this year. I like seeing Lane out wide and also his defence is unreal. Dylan Brown is definitely something in key moments he kept us in the game when it looked like Panthers would get a bit of a roll on. Also thought the young blokes like Mahoney and Nikore really stepped up and shows we've gonna be a lot better in 2019 with these young guys stepping up.

Bring on the Bulldogs.

Gronk

Staff member
A good solid performance yesterday. Shows the attitude in the team has increased a lot since last year. Ok its only one game but to me they played as a team back to where they were in parts of 2016 and most of 2017, it was good to watch. A lot of credit to the new guys in the team, Fergo and Lane. Well done on the first Parra performance, never let the side down and gave us plenty of hope for this year. I like seeing Lane out wide and also his defence is unreal. Dylan Brown is definitely something in key moments he kept us in the game when it looked like Panthers would get a bit of a roll on. Also thought the young blokes like Mahoney and Nikore really stepped up and shows we've gonna be a lot better in 2019 with these young guys stepping up.

Bring on the Bulldogs.
We definitely need to prove a point with the Bulldogs. Are we cellar dwellers who jagged a game vs Penrith or a team that can mix it with the top 10 ?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
We definitely need to prove a point with the Bulldogs. Are we cellar dwellers who jagged a game vs Penrith or a team that can mix it with the top 10 ?

I hope they can back up their performance. Bulldogs mightve been smacked by the Warriors but it definitely wont be easy.

hindy111

Post Whore
Look I agree with Ram.Tepai did a lot of work but not much nut in his runs. Along with Mannah,Alvaro and Evans. They did a job.
Brown however runs angles,looks to offload and his acceleration is lightening for a forward. Puts defense on backfoot. Gower is simmilar in this way just not as good.

Lane and Nikuore ran with some Balls.They must stay.
What I noticed with Alvaro is he wants to offload and also has decided its time to flatten someone in defense. His timing however was way off. Expect in 3 or 4 weeks Danny to lay someone out cold.And it will be a big hit.

Once Terepo,Manu and Jnr are available it becomes exciting. Anyone no gow Stone and Kafusi went for Wenty? I saw Bevan come off at 27mins

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Still sticking to your point that Evans was bought for backup only.
Depth, not backup. One is expected to play some first grade (possibly heaps if he finds himself in a winning team). The other is only used in an emergency.
You don't buy a backup for 3 years, simple.
The Roosters signed him for three years.
BA bought him to be a starting middle forward.
Except he said he signed him to add depth.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agree. And a guy like Evans doesnt sign for 3yrs unless its an attractive offer. But hey this has been discussed 100x KE is most likely on 100k overs. And as I have said before big deal when others guys like Norman where on 600k overs.

Plus Evans was worth a punt. He really only has to lift his game 10-20% to be worth what I am guessing we paid. Approx 300k.
So how big was the three year contract he signed with the Roosters, if you only offer three year contracts on big money?

Glenn

First Grade
Jenko charged with a Grade 2 Careless

1 week with early plea or if he fights a loses. May as well challenge the grading with nothing to lose, grade 1 he misses no time

Should challenge the grading based on the Latrell grading. Grade Two for that is laughable.

hindy111

Post Whore
So how big was the three year contract he signed with the Roosters, if you only offer three year contracts on big money?

My guess is Evans tooks about 270-320k of our money.
I reckon he is worth 180 -220k at moment. If he was able to play 18+ Nrl games this season than maybe worth what we paid. Either way not a huge burden compared to MJ who is apparently on 800k and worth about 400k.