What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rd1: Parramatta v Penrith LIVE GAME DAY thread March 17

Delboy

First Grade
Biggest joke of the whole round is the Jennings charge.
Always seems to be a difference in charges for some teams and others, Latrelle Mitchell, Roosters a fine - Michael Jennings , Eels a week off with a better disciplinary record.

Justify the sin bin as its base, and continues the inconsistency of the judiciary, should be fought big time, continuance of the Greenberg rules.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Always seems to be a difference in charges for some teams and others, Latrelle Mitchell, Roosters a fine - Michael Jennings , Eels a week off with a better disciplinary record.

Justify the sin bin as its base, and continues the inconsistency of the judiciary, should be fought big time, continuance of the Greenberg rules.
Spot on.

golfer

Juniors

I dont know ifI am looking through rose coloured glasses but Mitchell caught Burgess above the chin and Jennings caught Yeo just under the chin. The both went to the head bin and Burgess returned but Yeo did not. Both players were falling but I Mitchell's tackle was higher. I cannot understand how the gradings are different.

Gronk

Staff member
Any chance Peni will be allowed back next round or is it pending Integrity Unit verdict?

Last we all heard was the club statement about the incident.

"The club will now work with the relevant authorities in New Zealand, the NRL Integrity Unit and the RLPA to investigate the incident thoroughly. This process will then guide our next steps. The club will make no further comment until the investigation is completed."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/11...-by-parramatta-over-alcohol-related-incident/

and the injury report last Tuesday ..

Peni Terepo – Stood down - Indefinite

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/03/12/injury-report---round-one/

emjaycee

Coach
I dont know ifI am looking through rose coloured glasses but Mitchell caught Burgess above the chin and Jennings caught Yeo just under the chin. The both went to the head bin and Burgess returned but Yeo did not. Both players were falling but I Mitchell's tackle was higher. I cannot understand how the gradings are different.

Welcome to Parramatta.

Eelogical

Referee
Just take it on the chin like the rest of us. Actually, some prefer it on the chin.

forward pass

Coach
Surely a fine only given he has already been punished. It nearly cost us the game.

Could you imagine if copped 10 in the bin, we lose and then 2 weeks?? You have to be f**king kidding.

How does Jenko get a grade 2 for a falling player yet 176cm James Maloney hits 198cm Shaun Lane in the head and he gets nothing? He deadest had to jump to do that.

I think the grading (within each high tackle charge type) often reflects how stiff the tackling arm is, as much as the how high the arm was. Doesn't explain why Maloney gets nothing though.

hindy111

Post Whore
How does Jenko get a grade 2 for a falling player yet 176cm James Maloney hits 198cm Shaun Lane in the head and he gets nothing? He deadest had to jump to do that.

The issue I have is people seem to judge the offense based on how hurt the opposition player was.
High tackles are an accident. The 10 in bin is a silly rule. Maybe let teams have an 18th man. Or perhaps you lose the player who made the head high for the remainder of the game.

Maloneys tackle did not deserve anything and either did MJs. The guy was 2/3rds down when contact was made.

eel01s

Bench
We have to fight it - otherwise we will keep copping these bs charges. I thought they wanted "consistency" this year? Well obviously it's OK if you play for Roosters or are an Origin player.

Grade 2? Surely the sin bin was sufficient penalty given we could have lost the match?