What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges 2019

lockyno1

Post Whore
If anything he should have got 6. I’m over players deliberately (and don’t tell me they don’t know exactly what they are doing) going straight for kickers legs.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Other charges from the weekend to date:

Latrell Mitchell (Roosters). 55th minute, Grade 1 Careless High Tackle on Sam Burgess.
Base penalty $1,500 fine
40% loading for two non-similar prior offences.
Guilty / no contest $2,100 fine
Early guilty plea $1,650
OUTCOME: Early plea, $1,650 fine

Addin Fonua-Blake (Sea Eagles). 8th minute, Grade 1 Dangerous Contact (other) on Benji Marshall.
Base penalty 100 points
20% loading for one non-similar prior offences.
Guilty / no contest 120 points (one match)
Early guilty plea 90 points (no suspension)
OUTCOME: To be decided

Addin Fonua-Blake (Sea Eagles). 36th minute, Grade 1 Dangerous Contact (other) on Russell Packer.
Base penalty 100 points

Joel Thompson (Sea Eagles). 52nd minute, Grade 1 Tripping on Corey Thompson.
Base penalty $1,500 fine
Guilty / no contest $1,800 fine
Early guilty plea $1,350 fine

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32908-mondays-expert-weekend-wrap/

Timmah

Staff member
From yesterday:

Waqa Blake (Panthers). 59th minute, Grade 1 Contrary Conduct on Mitch Moses
Base penalty $1,500 fine
20% loading for one non-similar prior offence.
Guilty / no contest $1,800 fine
Early guilty plea $1,350 fine

Michael Jennings (Eels). 54th minute, Grade 2 Careless High Tackle on Isaah Yeo
Base penalty 150 points
No loading (no similar or non-similar prior offences last 2 years)
Guilty / no contest 150 points (one match)
Early guilty plea 112 points (one match)

Re Lodge - I think 2 weeks is fair enough. However i do believe it wasn't intentional - he was genuinely going for the torso not Munster's legs. I couldn't find an image on line to show it, so I took a pic of video. The white blur above Munsters flouro boot is the ball off the kick. Lodge is bracing (in my mind) to take the torso.

If he gets him a split second earlier, he pulls off a great tackle and spoils a bomb where the ball could have ended up anywhere.

Instead he's not quick enough and gets him a split second after, already bracing to tackle but with Munster naturally springing in the air. It put Munster in a horrible position and fortunate not to get injured on his landing. He ended up getting his legs in the end and thus is dangerous.

Lodge Munster.jpg

azza29

Juniors
If he gets him a split second earlier, he pulls off a great tackle and spoils a bomb where the ball could have ended up anywhere.
I guess the problem here is that a tackle doesn't have to be deliberately dangerous to hurt someone, and intent is almost impossible to prove.

thorson1987

Coach
Michael Jennings (Eels). 54th minute, Grade 2 Careless High Tackle on Isaah Yeo
Base penalty 150 points
No loading (no similar or non-similar prior offences last 2 years)
Guilty / no contest 150 points (one match)
Early guilty plea 112 points (one match)

Imo if you have been sin binned for an offence that you then get charged for the points should be deducted in someway as you have already had some form of punishment.

Timmah

Staff member
Both Manly players have gone the early plea - Thompson cops the fine, Fonua-Blake misses a week.

Timmah

Staff member
And both Jennings (Parra, 1 game) & Blake (Penrith, fine) take the early plea

Big Pete

Referee
The Grade 2 charge was fair for Lodge. As BBJF pointed out, while Lodge may not have intended for the tackle to turn out the way that it did, the end result was that the tackle was dangerous and halves need all the protection they can get.

I'm surprised Fonua-Blake was only charged with a grade one when he actually tucked his arm into his body and launched himself at Marshall late. I would have thought that was as bad if not worse than the Lodge attempt because Lodge was at least attempting to wrap his arm around Munster.

The annoying thing is that nobody from the Match Review Committee will come out and explain why one offence is a Grade 1 and another is a Grade 2, so it's all left to speculation.

firechild

First Grade
Addin Fonua-Blake (Sea Eagles). 36th minute, Grade 1 Dangerous Contact (other) on Russell Packer.
Base penalty 100 points
Should have been given a medal.

azza29

Juniors
Graham is lucky to have avoided a severe injury. Surprising it wasn't at least a grade 3 charge to "send a message" early in the season.

yobbo84

First Grade
He is very loose. Think it won't be his last charge of 2019.

Very interested to see if Tom Amone gets a run next week.

Latest posts