What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Warriors @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 2
Wests Tigers v Warriors
Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah (TICKETS)
Sunday 24 March 2019

Gates 2pm / Flegg 2:10pm / Canterbury Cup (WES v WAR) 3:55pm / NRL 6:10pm

TL-WST19.png

1. Corey Thompson 2. Mahe Fonua 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Esan Marsters 5. Robert Jennings 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Ben Matulino 9. Robbie Farah 10. Alex Twal 11. Ryan Matterson 12. Luke Garner 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Russell Packer 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Josh Aloiai 17. Michael Chee-Kam 18. Moses Mbye 19. Josh Reynolds 20. Matt Eisenhuth 21. Chris McQueen

TL-WAR20.png

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2. David Fusitua 3. Peta Hiku 4. Solomone Kata 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Adam Keighran 7. Blake Green 8. Agnatius Paasi 9. Nathaniel Roache 10. Bunty Afoa 11. Adam Blair 12. Tohu Harris 13. Lachlan Burr
Interchange: 14. Jazz Tevaga 15. Sam Lisone 16. Leeson Ah Mau 17. Isaiah Papalii 18. Gerard Beale 20. Chanel Harris-tavita 22. Issac Luke 23. Ligi Sao

UY6AjhR.png

Referees: Ashley Klein, Matt Noyen
Sideline Officials: Michael Wise, Peter Gough
Video Referees: Henry Perenara, Ben Galea

Feeder club info
Wests Tigers feeder clubs: Western Suburbs Magpies (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup); Wests Tigers (NSWRL: U20 Jersey Flegg); Balmain Tigers (NSWRL: U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup)
Warriors feeder clubs: Warriors (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, U20 Jersey Flegg)
Draws available at http://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​

Last edited by a moderator:

west4ever

Juniors
I think we will win 13+ as the NZ team used all the energy round 1, our attack will be better and score more points on the back of the warriors making a lot of errors, we will turn it up, after this we will beat the dogs and Penrith I can’t see us being beat, I think we can go on a run and win the comp like sharks did in 2016, if our defence is like that all season and attack improves no doubt it will, this is our year. After the game how right was I up the tigers

Last edited:
I'm unsure but I'll say us 1-12 as we're at home and the Dogs were so godawful they give no gauge on the Warriors form. I guess the same can be said for us due to the poor weather and Manly missing Walker and Tom Turbo.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hopefully Mbye is back, will help our attack a lot if he is. I don’t give us a lot of hope here, Warriors have looked very slick in the trial v us and the Dogs. Let’s hope it’s a big crowd on sunday and we can cheer the guys home.

Das Hassler

Bench
Just the game we need for rnd 2....win or lose so long as they take it up a notch and keep it at that level...i think our forwards will match them..the kicking game will have to be 100% smart.

The unknown

Juniors
Warriors are seriously the most inconsistent team to ever play in the nrl. But I actually think they are specials this year without Shaun (one good game a month) Johnson this year.

Our key is to shut down their wingers (who are probably bigger than our forwards), if we can contain them then flip a coin. Cambo home ground advantage gives me some hope

Tiger Ted

Bench
The fact it’s in Sydney makes this a very winnable game against a team who r poor travellers & have a reputation for not turning up the week after a comprehensive victory.

HyperActive1

Juniors
Me thinks Brooks is the key in this one. If his kicking game is on song and he tires those Kiwi forwards with smart kicks, we could be in with a chance. We are not known to back up a good win with another. Be interesting to see how they perform for Madge to make it back to back.Tigers by 12.

west4ever

Juniors
Hopefully Mbye is back, will help our attack a lot if he is. I don’t give us a lot of hope here, Warriors have looked very slick in the trial v us and the Dogs. Let’s hope it’s a big crowd on sunday and we can cheer the guys home.
Mate you can forget about the trial game, warriors should of pumped us but we hung in there, if anything that trial game gives me confidence, look at knights vs sharks, sharks smashed knights in there trial game and knights win in rd 1, but I’m excited to see how we go, I do have a good record when going to the game and I’m going to this one.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Me thinks Brooks is the key in this one. If his kicking game is on song and he tires those Kiwi forwards with smart kicks, we could be in with a chance. We are not known to back up a good win with another. Be interesting to see how they perform for Madge to make it back to back.Tigers by 12.
More than the kicking game it will be the kick chase. Their forwards wont get tired if their back three can bring the ball back like they did last week.

super_coach

First Grade
The Warriors are a different side with Blake Green running the show. I expect them to win through their outside backs, but it will not be a walk over. Wet track will bring the two teams together

The unknown

Juniors
No surprises. I'm guessing Mbye will be a late inclusion with either Jennings or Fonua out to accommodate Thompson on the wing

Tigerm

First Grade
1 Corey Thompson 2 Mahe Fonua 3 Paul Momirovski 4 Esan Marsters 5 Robert Jennings 6 Benji Marshall 7 Luke Brooks 8 Ben Matulino 9 Robbie Farah 10 Alex Twal 11 Ryan Matterson 12 Luke Garner 13 Elijah Taylor. Interchange: 14 Russell Packer 15 Thomas Mikale 16 Josh Aloiai 17 Michael Chee-Kam.

Reserves: 18 Moses Mbye 19 Josh Reynolds 20 Matt Eisenhuth 21 Chris McQueen

Unchanged starting side from last week?