What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

imgunawin72

Juniors
Y
I would take most Flegg lineups with a grain of salt - ignore NSWRL's site and go with what's on ours or Penrith's own site
yep the LU and penriff sites have complete team lists.
St Marys are still playing games and f**king young blokes around. Like i said Shane Rodney is kissing ass and doing what penriff tell him to try and get a job at penriff. St Marys have been rooting young guys around for the last 3 years since they entered the SS and RMC.
Brad Drew played the game with penriff and is now an assistant and penriff,

imgunawin72

Juniors
I think a lot of these blokes that coach RMC and SS do so not so much to coach the young blokes but more so to benefit themselves

Butts74

Juniors
St Marys like to play games and f**k young blokes around. They’re named a hooker, a prop and 2 wingers on the bench this week in SS and if you look at penriffs flegg team there is a lot of gaps in the team list.
Looks like Shane Rodney is being told by penriff who he can play and in what positions, perhaps he should act like a proper coach and pick his best team, instead of trying to kiss ass and try and get a job with penriff.

I couldn’t agree more with you. It’s the same with a few other clubs. Saints , cabra , hills , and moorebank. I heard last week that hills got 11-12 flegg/isp boys back from Rabbitohs to play RMC and SS. Why keep blokes there when you know all this is going to happen. Cabra the other week had 14 come back. Dan Jackson is also coaching the SS at hills and had brought over a couple of the Windsor boys that won the comp last year and from what I’ve been told there getting looked after really well and get special treatment.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah I agree that LU is more readable but I couldn't get into LU (apart from Forums) between 4 and 5.
we had an odd front page glitch for some reason, should be fine now. Usually direct links from our twitter account are best to use :thumbsup:

rightleftin

Juniors
I couldn’t agree more with you. It’s the same with a few other clubs. Saints , cabra , hills , and moorebank. I heard last week that hills got 11-12 flegg/isp boys back from Rabbitohs to play RMC and SS. Why keep blokes there when you know all this is going to happen. Cabra the other week had 14 come back. Dan Jackson is also coaching the SS at hills and had brought over a couple of the Windsor boys that won the comp last year and from what I’ve been told there getting looked after really well and get special treatment.

Actually there were 7 Bulldogs in the Cabra teams in Round 1 not 14:

RMC - Leumelu, Illett, Kalache, Matautai, Smith, Koroisau
SS - Mundine, El Zhakem

There were 4 maybe 5 Rabbits in the Hills teams not 11-12:

RMC - O'Connor, Hills, Taavale from NSW Cup
SS - Puru (flegg), don't know about Smith

The Hills SS team had 7 that have played for Hills in previous seasons, 7 that played Penrith A grade last season, Taylor Bennett who played a few games for Asquith last season plus Puru and Smith

rightleftin

Juniors
The team published by NSWRL Glebe Burwood left out 6 players. Here is the full team from the Glebe website.

1 Luke Polselli
2 Tyla Tamou
3 Latrell Schaumkel
4 Latrell Robinson
14 Sam Latu
6 Brock Peligra
7 Ben Jones (c)
8 Matt Jurd
9 Ben Jackson
10 Brandon Luamanu
11 Royce tout
23 Nesiasi Mataitonga
13 Mitch Casson

15 jazz Flavell
16 Jyi Seymour
17 Issac Prokopiou
22 Kyle Lovett
24 tj Mclean

Only 3 of these guys played in the loss to Dubbo.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The team published by NSWRL Glebe Burwood left out 6 players. Here is the full team from the Glebe website.

1 Luke Polselli
2 Tyla Tamou
3 Latrell Schaumkel
4 Latrell Robinson
14 Sam Latu
6 Brock Peligra
7 Ben Jones (c)
8 Matt Jurd
9 Ben Jackson
10 Brandon Luamanu
11 Royce tout
23 Nesiasi Mataitonga
13 Mitch Casson

15 jazz Flavell
16 Jyi Seymour
17 Issac Prokopiou
22 Kyle Lovett
24 tj Mclean

Only 3 of these guys played in the loss to Dubbo.
In all likelihood the reason NSWRL has players left out is issues getting them into the LeagueNet back-end.

rightleftin

Juniors
If it is dry on Sunday I can see Glebe Burwood running up a big score against Blacktown Workers, who look favourites for the wooden spoon. It will be interesting to see how much time Kyle Lovett gets off the bench for GB. At 25 maybe a club to give him a chance to add to his 50 NRL games.

rightleftin

Juniors
RMC
St Marys 24 Mounties 18
Cabra 30 Brothers 12
Asquith 36 Wests 4

SS
Cabra 16 Brothers 6
Uni 28 Moorebank 26
St Marys 40 Ryde Eastwood 18

In RMC St Marys looked more likely for most of the game but Mounties stayed in touch until late in the game a bomb was diffused by Saints fullback Jake Maizen, who broke the defensive line and ran 70 metres to score. Mounties included Matterson, Niko and Keir back from NSW Cup but St Marys have a very strong pack both starting and interchange.

It took Cabra, who included 7 Bulldogs, 39 minutes to secure the lead against Brothers before running away with in the 2nd half. Brothers are far stronger than last season with 4 recruited from Glebe Burwood, 2 from Wests and 1 from St Marys.

Asquith, who smashed Wests, have now used 26 players in 2 games, including 5 that played in the SS draw against St Marys.

In SS, Cabra have used 27 players in 2 games. Uni scored 5 tries in the first 31 minutes to lead 26-4 but had to hold strong as Moorebank stormed back in the 2nd half.

Ryde Eastwood again showed the handicap of fielding a mainly under 21 side, although they did stick with St Marys for the first half.

earl park riot

Juniors
Great effort from Sydney University to hold off a fast finishing Moorebank at Hammondville this afternoon.
The Students led 26-10 at the break but Moorebank crossed three times in the second half to level the scores at 26-all with about 12 mins to play. Uni went ahead again with a penalty goal late on and held onto win 28-26. Given their relatively late preparation for the season, it was a terrific start for Mick Habib’s side.

Tarantosaurus

Juniors
Great effort from Sydney University to hold off a fast finishing Moorebank at Hammondville this afternoon.
The Students led 26-10 at the break but Moorebank crossed three times in the second half to level the scores at 26-all with about 12 mins to play. Uni went ahead again with a penalty goal late on and held onto win 28-26. Given their relatively late preparation for the season, it was a terrific start for Mick Habib’s side.

I nearly had a heart attack up the top hahah, but glad to get a win for Uni's first match.

imgunawin72

Juniors
St marys SS only had about 8 or 9 from the St Marys squad playing last night. The rest were Penrith throwbacks. It’s interesting to note that nearly all the trys were scored by St Marys players.
It’s disappointing for the other young men in the St Marys squad to miss out, when the majority of them are probably better players than the Penrith contracted kids that replaced them.
Even after the failed NYC experiment it seems some clubs still haven’t learnt from this that some young blokes don’t develop fully until 22-23 years old.

St marys SS only had about 8 or 9 from the St Marys squad playing last night. The rest were Penrith throwbacks. It’s interesting to note that nearly all the trys were scored by St Marys players.
It’s disappointing for the other young men in the St Marys squad to miss out, when the majority of them are probably better players than the Penrith contracted kids that replaced them.
Even after the failed NYC experiment it seems some clubs still haven’t learnt from this that some young blokes don’t develop fully until 22-23 years old.
Nature of the beast unfortunately. If they want to jump into bed with the panthers they have to take the good with the bad.

imgunawin72

Juniors
The point is Penrith or other clubs shouldn’t be dropping 18-19 year old kids into SS and leaving 20-23 year olds out.
The majority of 18-19 year olds aren’t ready to play against young men.
I saw 18 year olds come straight from SG ball into SS last year and they weren’t up for it physically

Where do you want them to play these kids?Penrith don’t care about the 22-23 year olds signed to St Mary’s. They care about their young players with potential playing tough footy in a comp with a decent standard.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Where do you want them to play these kids?Penrith don’t care about the 22-23 year olds signed to St Mary’s. They care about their young players with potential playing tough footy in a comp with a decent standard.
If they have so much potential why aren’t selected for Flegg?
More likely if they don’t get picked for flegg, then they’re better off playing C grade with their local club until they improve enough to be picked for flegg.
Some of the 20-23 year olds can still go from SS and RMC into NSW cup.
As proved by the failure of NYC to provide enough 20 year olds that were first grade ready. The focus is now on NSW and QLD cup as the feeder for first grade.

Latest posts