What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take me now, I have seen it all

Last Week

Bench
This is a podcast hosted by Warren Smith, Matt Russell and Lara Pitt.

How is it that these guys don't have their own show on Fox League? This podcast was brilliant.

People that love the game, don't talk shit anywhere near as often as pretty much everyone else Fox League or radio.

Relevant up to date topics, some stats involved and genuinely likable people on the show.

f**k 360 off and put these 3 on it.

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I didnt watch much of it last year but I did enjoy it when I did watch it.

Its good they have something other than commentating, their knowledge of the game seems far better than some of the blokes on these Fox League shows and its more positive.

This is a podcast hosted by Warren Ryan, Matt Russell and Lara Pitt.

How is it that these guys don't have their own show on Fox League? This podcast was brilliant.

People that love the game, don't talk shit anywhere near as often as pretty much everyone else Fox League or radio.

Relevant up to date topics, some stats involved and genuinely likable people on the show.

f**k 360 off and put these 3 on it.

Thanks for the tip. I'm looking for a new podcast to listen to on my weekly flight commutes for work. I'll give it a crack.

Last Week

Bench
is the gus podcast just bagging refs for a straight hour?

Haven't jumped on the podcast bandwagon yet. Might give this a go

I've only listened to a couple of them. The most recent one was mostly about the Penrith sex tape stuff. And he was pretty balanced in it. Didn't bag the NRL that I can think of.

He is his usual dry, uninterested/aristocratic self.

I'll listen to it again.

magpie_man

Juniors
I use Castbox on my phone for podcasts for the commute to and from work.

I follow 8 channels for Rugby League. See below. Admittedly, I haven't given all of them a chance yet. But Take Me Now is the best so far.

View attachment 28228

That's a pretty extensive list. If I can recommend one gaping hole in it it's Fire Up! with Stephen Ferris & Kris Gale.

TheFrog

Coach
This is a podcast hosted by Warren Smith, Matt Russell and Lara Pitt.

Not terribly impressed to be honest. No sooner had they finished saying how much rain there was at all the games, than they were demanding the NRL act to increase the number of tries being scored, never once mentioning that the two might be connected. I think Smith is a much better caller than he is a podcaster.

is the gus podcast just bagging refs for a straight hour?
Gus doesn't bag refs. He bags the coaching they receive and the game management they are expected to do. His position is that they are no longer referees at all, but game managers, working to KPI's. I don't always or even often agree with him, but hard to argue with this.

Well, f**k me.

Haha yeah - I gave it ago today and thought "wheres the Wok??".

Really liked it though, great recommendation.

As for Sixty Seconds with Gus - I really like it personally, but then again I'm not anit-Gus like a lot folk are. I dont always agree with his views but I do like what he has to say a lot of the time.

And he's not the "sensationalist" like plenty of other folk we see on TV & Print (see "News Ltd/FOX).

. I think Smith is a much better caller than he is a podcaster.

Funny that - I'm the opposite. I thought he used to be ok but he has turned into is a sensationalist commentator. Last year I found him banging on over and over about "controversial" referee decisions, sometimes long after the call... Like a Journo who commentates. The Trifecta of Smith, Brandy and Anasta is my worst nightmare - Mute button straight away.

However I liked him on the podcast.