What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metallica Australia 2019

Noisy Parker

Juniors
We’ve secured our tickets. Expensive as f**k but I reckon it’ll be worth it. Slipknot should be good as well!

Mong

Post Whore
370 per ticket?

I don't recall seeing tickets at that price on the price list for QE II. What stadium is that at?

Eelectrica

Referee
Looks like I'll be missing this one. All that's left are $388 tickets to sit in a stand miles from the stage at QSAC. If it was Suncorp, then yeah, I'd go for it, but not at a stadium that should have been torn down 10 years ago.
I've seen them 4 or 5 times already though.

People with an Amex card still have some good options it looks like.

Last edited:

Noisy Parker

Juniors
Looks like I'll be missing this one. All that's left are $388 tickets to sit in a stand miles from the stage at QSAC. If it was Suncorp, then yeah, I'd go for it, but not at a stadium that should have been torn down 10 years ago.
I've seen them 4 or 5 times already though.

People with an Amex card still have some good options it looks like.
We’re in reserved seating but got the closest to the stage....not in the stand. We got those early last week though

beave

Coach
The pricing for Brissy is pretty horrendous for mine when you weigh up the venue selected. Shame suncorp wasn’t used (may not have been available) but I’m gonna give them a miss this time. Hope you lads that got
tickets have a good one though, they do a decent live show.

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
Got mine for Perth's gig. $139, but waayyyy up the back, waayyy up the top of the new Perth Stadium. One of those 'watch the gig on the big screens' ones I reckon!
(as much as I hate doing that)

thorson1987

Coach
The pricing for Brissy is pretty horrendous for mine when you weigh up the venue selected. Shame suncorp wasn’t used (may not have been available) but I’m gonna give them a miss this time. Hope you lads that got
tickets have a good one though, they do a decent live show.

$260 and I am seated in 134-1

92786s.gif

beave

Coach
$260 and I am seated in 134-1

92786s.gif

jesus mate, that’s f**ked. I saw them at hisense arena in 2010 when they did the multiple night thing and imo that is the better way of doing it.....probably doesn’t net Lars as much money I guess so they’ve gone down the stadium path.

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
jesus mate, that’s f**ked. I saw them at hisense arena in 2010 when they did the multiple night thing and imo that is the better way of doing, probably doesn’t net Lars as much money I guess so they’ve gone down the stadium path.

I'm happy with it tbh. Seeing Slipknot again and Metallica for the first time I'm fine with paying that much for those seats.

Canard

Immortal
Saw them when they headlined Soundwave a few years ago.

Hard to justify seeing them again, when for $200 I saw them plus shitloads of others.

beave

Coach
Saw them when they headlined Soundwave a few years ago.

Hard to justify seeing them again, when for $200 I saw them plus shitloads of others.

unfortunately, that business model AJ Maddah ‘adopted’ wasn’t sustainable, hence why it went bust. SW should have been trimmed down in regards to the amount of bands that were on the bill each year. there was so many clashes and so many repeated bands coming out to Oz every 3rd year, he could have avoided it and avoided having a huge costs involved in getting 45 odd bands out to Oz by having a max of 24. Would have also allowed bands longer set times.

god i miss SW. Was hilarious when i lived up him in Tvl when SW existed. Some dance music festival was always on the same weekend every year on the GC, so all the flights out were populated by either big sunglass, fluro singlet and shorts wearing idiots or us black band shirters.....

Canard

Immortal
unfortunately, that business model AJ Maddah ‘adopted’ wasn’t sustainable, hence why it went bust. SW should have been trimmed down in regards to the amount of bands that were on the bill each year. there was so many clashes and so many repeated bands coming out to Oz every 3rd year, he could have avoided it and avoided having a huge costs involved in getting 45 odd bands out to Oz by having a max of 24. Would have also allowed bands longer set times.

god i miss SW. Was hilarious when i lived up him in Tvl when SW existed. Some dance music festival was always on the same weekend every year on the GC, so all the flights out were populated by either big sunglass, fluro singlet and shorts wearing idiots or us black band shirters.....

Agreed the model was unsustainable.

But what a festival! Slayer and Anthrax within minutes of each other, then go to have a piss and stand 2 meters away from Korn on a tiny stage and Duff McKagan on an even smaller one.

Latest posts