What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Mays next court appearance is in May which is a mention date only. If he enters a not guilty plea on his next court appearance it will be set down for hearing so I am guessing An August hearing date at the earliest so his season is basically over!!!! He would be almost better off entering into a plea bargain arrangement and getting it finalised. Given he is not going to get jail time just get it over with and once his court matter is over he will have served sufficient punishment and he will be free to play. If he defends this matter I suggest his season is over.

You don’t plead guilty to sexual based offences unless your guilty. You don’t want it on your record. If he’s innocent, he needs to fight it. It will cost him one season of footy.

franklin2323

Immortal
You don’t plead guilty to sexual based offences unless your guilty. You don’t want it on your record. If he’s innocent, he needs to fight it. It will cost him one season of footy.

especially with the spotlight on the NRL atm. No one knows how over the top the punishment might be. Despite a low chance of jail pleading guilty is too great a risk imo

franklin2323

Immortal
That’s an interesting point you raise that I haven’t seen covered, will the no fault stand down period count towards a future punishment? Ie. in a time served capacity.

Well didn't they say crime against women is a life ban? Or is it just violence. rape etc?

The whole rule has opened unknown

Official now

Penrith Panthers is delighted to announce the signing of Manly Warringah Sea Eagles forward Frank Winterstein ahead of the 2019 NRL season.

The 32-year-old Samoan international has agreed to a one-year deal at Panthers and has been training with the squad since Monday.

“It was a bit of whirlwind last weekend with everything falling into place for me to join the Panthers,” Winterstein said.

“I’m excited and grateful for the opportunity I’ve been given and look forward to working with the talented players and coaches.
“I’ve been in the professional sport environment for a long time and I know I can use that experience to help the young players here, on and off the field.”

Winterstein made his NRL debut with Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in 2008 before spending five seasons in the U.K. Super League with Wakefield Trinity Wildcats, Crusaders Rugby League and Widnes Vikings.

He switched codes to Rugby Union in 2014 and two years later earned selection in the Australian Sevens side.

Winterstein made a total of 41 NRL appearances for the Sea Eagles after joining the club in August 2016.

“It’s a bonus for our club to gain a player of Frank’s experience and ability at this stage of the season,” Panthers Executive General Manager Phil Gould AM said.

“He gives our roster added depth in a key position.”

Winterstein is also known for his outstanding work in the community and last year became an official advocate for the NRL’s Voice Against Violence and State of Mind programs.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/03/13/panthers-signs-frank-winterstein/

Panfa

Juniors
I wouldnt waste any money on dogs players we have plenty of back rowers coming through the grades liam martin kaide ellis jed cartwright shawn blore to name a few

Panfa

Juniors
Besides our roster is done and dusted for 2019 frank winterstein took spot number 30 in our 30 man roster so we wont be signing anyone else

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Besides our roster is done and dusted for 2019 frank winterstein took spot number 30 in our 30 man roster so we wont be signing anyone else

Not exactly. The 30th spot doesn't have to be 'officially' filled till June 30. We have options if we want to tinker.
We could keep the roster as it is, or move a player on to another club and signed someone else if we have any spare money or promote one of our juniors.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Status
Not open for further replies.