What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

None & Done

big hit!

Bench
Which of the current 0-2 clubs can probably look to 2020 after next week?

Week 3
St Merge travel to a rampant Broncos
Manly have sold a home match to Christchurch vs Warriors
Dogs play at Campbelltown against a confident Tigers outfit
Titans come down to Sydney to line up vs Souffs

Although it's a 24-match season, all 3 clubs could be 0-3 by Sunday night, with dropping morale, finger pointing, and a season already slipping away.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Cannot say I thought any of had a chance at all.

Saints have McGregor, finals maybe, but no cigar.

Manly recovering from Barrett and putting all eggs in the dud Evans basket.

Dogs simply have no cattle.

Titans again maybe finals decent players but seems the coach is crap, they play like they are poorly coached.

Wrote them all off before a ball was kicked for the premiership.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
can't see much hope for the dogs. Each side cops a handful of injuries each season so you gotta picture the dogs and the tits current woes and minus a few key ingrediants at some stage and can't see much coming out of it apart from LOLs and disappointment.

The tits will keep the trend going of jagging at top 4 team though when their form leading up to it has been rubbish

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dogs and Manly are gone already I think. Titans will be too far back when their halves return, Dragons will be fine I think.

Don't like writing teams off after 2 games, but if Wests give the Dogs a touch up I can't see them coming back from it.

Manly are missing some key personnel. Tommy T will give them some spark, not sure when Walker will be available, but they're missing him as well. They'll probably trouble a few sides when they return. They were pretty ordinary against Wests and Easts though.

Titans are a worry too, scored one try in two games and conceded 40 odd points.

Dragons will be OK I think, too good a roster to not bounce back.

no name

Coach
Stick a fork in the Titans, they’re done.
They look like are complete strangers to each other.

Hard to see the Dragons not going on a run of wins at some point this year. They have good cattle just can't settle on how to use them. Sooner or later McStupid will stumble on a winning formula and they'll come good. I'm not sure if they'll be "make the finals" good or just "win enough games to finish ninth" good but they'll end up in or around the eight.

Manly showed enough pluck against the Roosters to convince me that they won't finish last. Can't see them anywhere near the eight this year but, barring catastrophic injuries, they won't win the spoon. They have enough quality in their roster to convince me that they can win a handful of games at least.

For mine, the Spoon will end up with the Dogs or the Titans. The Dogs look every bit like they won't win a game this year but I expect that the coach will get the bullet at some point soon and they may have some sort of form reversal for a short period. They don't have the cattle to sustain any sort of long run of good form though imo. As it stands, looking at the draw, I just don't know where their first win will come from, if at all.

The Titans look slightly less dreadful and I think they will provide the odd upset this year.

In the end, the spoon will rest with whichever of those two wants it more. My early money is on the Dogs.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Geez people are being harsh on the Titans. Some fit halves will make a massive difference...

Also teams that have such a large sized pack need a few weeks to get into the grind.

I hope we have great defense against Canterbury. We can't sell em short. We can't be complacent. Robert Jennings may do well. His uncle was an All Black. If only Michael would move to Tigers