What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ratings

Stallion

First Grade
Noticed AFL rating in the top ten programmes on Saturday night again! This is occuring unfettered and unchallenged on free to air tv. Rugby league on Pay tv only is not sufficient. The free kick continues for AFL Australia wide on free to air tv.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
Noticed AFL rating in the top ten programmes on Saturday night again! This is occuring unfettered and unchallenged on free to air tv. Rugby league on Pay tv only is not sufficient. The free kick continues for AFL Australia wide on free to air tv.
Pretty sure the AFL numbers includes pets and dead people though.

T-Boon

Coach

Is that good relative to other nights though? Nobody watches TV on Saturday night.

Stallion

First Grade
Is that good relative to other nights though? Nobody watches TV on Saturday night.

Agree. However the AFL are getting the free to air exposure and rugby league isn't. A simulcast game would do wonders for the wandering eyes (particularly younger ones) on a Saturday afternoon or evening. It matters. Granted the numbers are not great but it's still a head start on rugby league over the weekend FTA coverage statistics.

T-Boon

Coach
Agree. However the AFL are getting the free to air exposure and rugby league isn't. A simulcast game would do wonders for the wandering eyes (particularly younger ones) on a Saturday afternoon or evening. It matters. Granted the numbers are not great but it's still a head start on rugby league over the weekend FTA coverage statistics.

Good point

Stallion

First Grade
Matches the 6pm Friday... Much better for drawing crowds too

Think the Friday 5.30pm crowds have so far been higher than the Sunday 6pm crowds? Weather has played a part but going on raw crowd statistics Friday 5.30pm is drawing better than Sunday 6pm crowd wise. Can't be refuted really?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
@Timmah are we keeping a spreadsheet etc? also a comparison with AFL?

i'd be happy to spreadsheet it up if we have a reliable source for the numbers.
Not keeping a spreadsheet myself - happy for you to. All of the figures there are from MediaWeek Australia and cross-checked on TV Tonight where possible as well.

Not doing an AFL comparison, certainly not in that article but happy for others to follow up in here if they want

no name

Coach
Think the Friday 5.30pm crowds have so far been higher than the Sunday 6pm crowds? Weather has played a part but going on raw crowd statistics Friday 5.30pm is drawing better than Sunday 6pm crowd wise. Can't be refuted really?
Friday 5:30pm?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Matches the 6pm Friday... Much better for drawing crowds too

I wonder what the Friday 7.30 game would draw on fox.

The point of the early Friday game is obviously to steal viewers from 9 later. If the NRL could show that they would get the same result anyway, they might convince them to move it

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

You can actually...

Looking at the home teams used, it was easy to predict which would get the bigger crowds.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wonder what the Friday 7.30 game would draw on fox.

The point of the early Friday game is obviously to steal viewers from 9 later. If the NRL could show that they would get the same result anyway, they might convince them to move it

Who has Fox and watches ch9 by choice? Channel 9 is for the casual fan those who can't afford fox.

There is no competition between Fox and 9. So I don't see how it would rate any less than Thurs night

Latest posts