What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Manly

Big Marn

Juniors
He may have a case. On replay it showed that it was probably actually as much Blair as Lisone responsible for the tackle. But Blair hasn’t been charged?
Be that as it may, why the f**k is he even on the interchange bench? I really dont want to have to start posting on the FO Kearney thread again....

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
NRL players dont know how lucky they have it. NFL Players get cut from their franchise completely for far less.

They have depth. Unfortunately when the reserves got spanked far harder the same weekend there’s probably nobody deserving of a callup.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Rather than tradition, don't you think it's about when Luke's experience/Roache's zip have maximum effect?
Oh absolutely. Well thats kind of what I was getting at when I said this below in my post you just replied to...
I guess Kearney can just experiment...Or he can dig deep into his coaching prowess and field which ever according to the other teams style, horses for courses so to speak.
Back to the tradition thing and to your good question - Luke has been no stranger to opening up games before the less experienced comes on to sub him. McGuire at Souths use to open with Luke and then bring on guys like Nathan Peats and Apisai Koroisau and to very good effect. You see heaps of clubs do it like the Broncos with with McCullough and Nikorima when Bennett was using Nikorima as a hooker.

Obviously one of the advantages of bringing in your younger, quicker guys, is to take advantage of tired defences. Particularly the big men that make up the middle thirds. Roach has a fair bit of acceleration in him and has shown in the past an ability to break the line. Roach also brings experience in the outside backs that he can cover for.

Jazz is along the lines of your Keiron Cunnigham/Brandon Smith somatotype hookers but he's not as good. Not right now anyway. Jazz does have the right attitude and potential. I just don't think he's there yet but probably just needs more first grade games.

Meth

Staff member
I've actually quite liked Blair's contribution thus far, and the balance of the backrow- but it is worth asking the question-

Do we want to fit Pulu in?

To make this happen, does Blair need to shift to prop? Is this even an option?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Des is a smart coach, like madge last week will persist down the side Kata is on, and get results.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I've actually quite liked Blair's contribution thus far, and the balance of the backrow- but it is worth asking the question-

Do we want to fit Pulu in?

To make this happen, does Blair need to shift to prop? Is this even an option?
After getting dicked by the Tigers, I say bring on Pulu and shift Blair to loosie.