What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

I know the scoreboard hill couldn't be built on but have they looked at the paceway side? A little stand there with more corporates might work similar to the Shark park set out

I reckon on the southern end you could build an elevated safe standing area, at present it has very little elevation.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Its strange, from 2004 until around 2013 crowds at Campbelltown were always 15K+ for the Tigers, even against out of town teams. It's only the last 5 or so years crowds have dropped. The interest is definitely there.

With the new A League team an upgrade to the stadium is a definitely possibility. The Macarthur area is going to be massive in the next 10-20 years. The Tigers should always maintain a presence there.

unforgiven

Bench
There is a Wests Leagues at Campbelltown. If the Airport does as expected and bring in all this extra money then why not?
Because Wests Campbelltown do not own the Wests Tigers, Wests Ashfield does and they are 2 separate organisations. Wests Ashfield own 75% of the club with the other 25% owned by Balmain. Ashfield are in discussion to amalgamate with Balmain, which will give them 100% ownership of the club

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think in the short term the Tigers will use Bankwest, but in the long term committing to Campbelltown could be beneficial. Unfortunately they don't seem to regularly get good crowds down there.

Bit of an understatement! Last few years the crowd avg for the stadium has been very poor

2018 under 10k
2017 under 10k
2016 12k
2015 under 10k
2014 under 10k

It would be financial suicide for Tigers to move there

unforgiven

Bench
Bit of an understatement! Last few years the crowd avg for the stadium has been very poor

2018 under 10k
2017 under 10k
2016 12k
2015 under 10k
2014 under 10k

Yeah I can't see them playing down there much longer.

gallagher

Juniors

2018 under 10k
2017 under 10k
2016 12k
2015 under 10k
2014 under 10k

Ive always maintained that the majority of tigers fans don't live in Campbo so Im interested in the crowds we'll get at Bankwest this year.
I also noticed the corporate stand on the eastern side was half empty last Sunday. If the corps don't like it then it's done.

magpie_man

Juniors
Ive always maintained that the majority of tigers fans don't live in Campbo so Im interested in the crowds we'll get at Bankwest this year.
I also noticed the corporate stand on the eastern side was half empty last Sunday. If the corps don't like it then it's done.

They're not. The majority are from the Inner West and Hills District.
Campbelltown is a bit like the Central Coast: filled with punters with pre-existing club loyalties.

Campbelltown is a bit like the Central Coast: filled with punters with pre-existing club loyalties.

Exactly. Penrith was once like this too, still is to a degree but it takes decades to win over the community. And that's playing there full time.

If the tigers aren't prepared to fully commit, they should leave. 10 Games at Bankwest, 2 at Leichardt

gallagher

Juniors
Exactly. Penrith was once like this too, still is to a degree but it takes decades to win over the community. And that's playing there full time.

If the tigers aren't prepared to fully commit, they should leave. 10 Games at Bankwest, 2 at Leichardt
What do you mean by leave? No games there or totally get out and give away the juniors?

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
The Campbelltown area has clearly become apathetic towards the Tigers in recent years.

I don't think them and a new aleague club that will have to cut into the wanderers fanbase can launch a big enough fight against a club that plays in Penrith fulltime and has a strong and growing following where they are based and also has a strong relationship with the Libs. Even if it came down to it Penrith would just do an AFL, chuck in an extra ten mil and influence the stadium plans.

Too much money, power and connections.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
None of this really makes for a compelling case for a stadium near the new airport. If the Tigers are scratching for support in the southwest, the A-Leage are using Campbelltown and Penrith are unlikely to move from their traditional home due to the Leagues club, that would only leave the Dogs as a potential anchor tenant. And you can’t realky get something like that off the ground with only one.

Pommy

Coach

I would guess there’s a lot more new migrants in the SW with no loyalties. Sure you might not win the parents over but the kids will be parents in a few years and Tigers should be trying to win those over.

unforgiven

Bench
I would guess there’s a lot more new migrants in the SW with no loyalties. Sure you might not win the parents over but the kids will be parents in a few years and Tigers should be trying to win those over.
So everyone is happy to cop the 10k-12k crowds that Campbelltown provides? I can't see the clubs owners waiting that long. I expect they will make a permanent move to Bankwest soon.

Latest posts