What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Super League

adamkungl

Immortal
Especially while playing at Trailfinders.

It's a tricky one - part of the reason for their rocky history has been constant moves across London.

If they are successful, they will outgrow Trailfinders. Outgrowing Trailfinders should be part of their plan. There doesn't realistically seem to be room to get the capacity up anywhere near 10,000.
But how do they sell yet another move to fans?

Those who know London better than I, what are least disruptive options? Down the road a bit to Brentford, more centrally to Queens Park Rangers? Back to Twickenham Stoop?

Haffa

The Stoop needs to be the absolute last option. I've always thought Craven Cottage was the best venue for a RL club, such a shame it didn't work out there. Right on the river, decent train line, close to Aussie hubs etc.

Griffin Park is getting knocked down and rebuilt so it's not an option for now. It'd be hard to sell a move to the new Plough Lane to anyone north of the river but it'd be worth looking into.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
The Stoop needs to be the absolute last option. I've always thought Craven Cottage was the best venue for a RL club, such a shame it didn't work out there. Right on the river, decent train line, close to Aussie hubs etc.

Griffin Park is getting knocked down and rebuilt so it's not an option for now. It'd be hard to sell a move to the new Plough Lane to anyone north of the river but it'd be worth looking into.
I always liked griffin park. The broncos ideally need to partner up with a lower league London football club signing a long term lease and secure their future. Wimbledon? Leyton orient? Brentford? Or even a non league club.

Haffa

I always liked griffin park. The broncos ideally need to partner up with a lower league London football club signing a long term lease and secure their future. Wimbledon? Leyton orient? Brentford? Or even a non league club.
Pub on every corner of the ground. It’s a great little ground. It will be rubble in 18 months. But they’d have to deal with London Irish if they’d want to partner on any Ground share at Brentford’s new ground.

As I said above the dons new ground would be perfect. But it’s over an hour from their current base in the middle of a week day let alone weekends or nights.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Pub on every corner of the ground. It’s a great little ground. It will be rubble in 18 months. But they’d have to deal with London Irish if they’d want to partner on any Ground share at Brentford’s new ground.

As I said above the dons new ground would be perfect. But it’s over an hour from their current base in the middle of a week day let alone weekends or nights.
Broncos matches at Griffin Park were miserable because they only opened one stand, and since it's not a modern stadium it was just like watching a reserves match with no atmosphere at all. I'd actually say that Trailfinders is pretty good for them from that point of view since the ground at least seems full even though there are less people than were usually there at GP.

Walter sobchak

First Grade

Didn’t know that about London Irish. Oh well, chalk that one off then.

Ealing is a dead end for the broncos in terms of growing crowds and increasing the stadium but they’ve got limited options. What about a return to Barnet??

adamkungl

Immortal
Leeds got their 2nd win on the board with a 1 point win over Cas.

London v Huddersfield shapes as an interesting game - a win here is hugely important for both clubs in the quest to avoid relegation. Early days yet but Huddersfield will be starting to worry if London skip out to a 4 point buffer. On the flip side, despite a promising start to the season Broncos will be right back in the mud if they drop this one.

Perth Red

Post Whore

That is exactly what they should be doing. it will be a cracking 17k stadium and perfect for a London SL club. It will be owned by the council not the Union club and be sitting empty over summer.

https://newstadium.brentfordfc.com/

Latest posts