What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We got ourselves a real Super league involving 8 nations

deluded pom?

Coach
Do the AFL “journalists” or hangers on ridicule any attempt to play Aussie Rules outside of Australia or do they have more sense?

Storm13

Juniors
I see on the BSL FB page that FOX League's The Professor has been taking the p!ss of the BSL. The page has stated that even 'bad' publicity is still good publicity but it's a stark example of how hard it is to to expand the game when all Australians care about is the NRL and Origin..You would think fans of the game would applaud attempts to kickstart the game elsewhere..
That was a reply to my comment. Wouldn't mind the piece if they at least spent the same amount of time speaking highly of the competition and the people behind it also.

deluded pom?

Coach
For me this is where the NRL should lean on the media. Carry on ridiculing amateur people spending time and money to grow RL and we’ll limit your access to the NRL players and coaches. Taking the piss out of an area of the game that is big enough to cop a bit now and again (NRL) is fine as long as it doesn’t become slanderous or libellous.

Pommy

Coach
For me this is where the NRL should lean on the media. Carry on ridiculing amateur people spending time and money to grow RL and we’ll limit your access to the NRL players and coaches. Taking the piss out of an area of the game that is big enough to cop a bit now and again (NRL) is fine as long as it doesn’t become slanderous or libellous.

Like the NRL give a toss.

DlEHARD

Juniors
You guys are dead-right about galahs fueling expansion with their stupid comments. But it still cuts.

When I moved to HK I wanted to help get RL going. I posted about this on TRL (having being encouraged reading about some people getting RL going in Mexico) and copped some crap about "big deal, a bunch of expats playing". I replied that even if that was all it ever was, isn't that still better? Our goal should be getting as many people playing our game as possible.

I definitely used that as fuel. Later in 2014 a bunch of us got together to watch the Four Nations at a pub week to week and after that they formed the first ever committee for HKRL.

Now we have a domestic comp, an Origin, a Residents touring side, a representative team that competed in the EMNWC, we have toured Thailand, Japan and the Philippines. We have HKag running and seeing it becoming popular. And we have womens rugby league matches happening since last year.

But then some idiots back in Australia just want to throw crap at people trying to give it a go. Putting their own time, effort, money and lives into growing our game.

I have the upmost respect to people who grow our game in far flung places of the world.

Can we get some contact details for this show and the people involved? So we can give them a blast.

Perth Tiger

Bench
2019 Season has started

Results on Facebook. please correct me if I have got any wrong

1st Division
Aris Eagles Athens (Greece) - 52 - Dorcel (Belgrade) 6
Radnicki Nis (Serbia) - 40 - Lokomotiv Sofia (Bulgaria) 10

2nd Division
Radnicki Novi (Belgade) 28 - Red Kangaroo (Belgrade) 26
Tirana (Albania) 46 - Ragbi Klub Fis (Bosnia) 6

deluded pom?

Coach
2019 Season has started

Results on Facebook. please correct me if I have got any wrong

1st Division
Aris Eagles Athens (Greece) - 52 - Dorcel (Belgrade) 6
Radnicki Nis (Serbia) - 40 - Lokomotiv Sofia (Bulgaria) 10

2nd Division
Radnicki Novi (Belgade) 28 - Red Kangaroo (Belgrade) 26
Tirana (Albania) 46 - Ragbi Klub Fis (Bosnia) 6
Dorcol were once the dominant force in Serbia. It’s surprising to see them lose so heavily to a Greek team unless they sent a weakened team due to the travelling.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Dorcol were once the dominant force in Serbia. It’s surprising to see them lose so heavily to a Greek team unless they sent a weakened team due to the travelling.

Yeah I wondered that as well. Hopefully it is a case of the Greeks improving in standard as the 2nd Division contest had an all Belgrade game so there must be enough playing numbers in Serbia for Dorcol to get enough players to a game.

Carbs

Juniors

As I understand it, Dorcol are in a rebuilding phase. Due to “issues between administration and players” about half the squad reformed an old team, Tasmajdan Tigrovi (Tigers). The tigrovi are in the Serbian div 2, and recently crushed Red Kangaroos (Red Star’s reserve team.)

langpark

First Grade
yes, Dorcol aren't a shadow of them old selves are definitely in a rebuilding phase, but there has also been significant improvement recently in Greece, especially in the Aris team.

Carbs

Juniors
yes, Dorcol aren't a shadow of them old selves are definitely in a rebuilding phase, but there has also been significant improvement recently in Greece, especially in the Aris team.

Definitely, coach Stu McLennan doing s great job at Aris.

italoromano68

Juniors
Depends what definition you use for the Balkans. In the Balkans Peninsula, the European part of Turkey plus Trieste & Monfalcone of Italy are included.

Anyway, I feel Moscow's bid was possibly just a year too early. The BSL underwent significant expansion last year, going to Russia was always going to be too ambitious. This year the Serbian Rugby League may have been more open, especially as the new Divisions structure allows them to protect the weaker clubs / leagues a lot more.

Turkey is part of the Balkan Region (due to the European part).
Regarding Russia, if they have much money, they should better invest on the expansion of the sport in their country, instead of making expensive trips abroad. Russia has to compete Union inside their country. So they must grow (media coverage, more players and teams, better stadiums ect).