What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wisdom of Wok

Vee

First Grade
A thread for the old-timers on here.

Two I remember fondly,

Reporter, "Why do you keep picking Garry Hughes when he's so slow?"

Wok, "Because he's quick between the ears."

And, on hearing that a young Steve Roach's idols were Royce Ayliffe and Craig Young...

Wok, "Well, two more idle players I'd struggle to think of."

Others?

DaveMc

Juniors
I remember him casually dropping a racist expression, then being unrepentant about it. Wouldn’t call it wisdom though.

Last edited:

DaveMc

Juniors
Never heard that one. I know he eventually retired from the (lefty PC) ABC over some black controversy but can't remember the details.
Yeah, that was exactly it. People were really unreasonable about thinking it might be unacceptable to casually describe someone on a publicly-funded broadcast by an extremely racist term.

Vee

First Grade
Wisdom of wok: let's replace test players Steve Roach and Paul Sironen in a grand final with the game still in the balance.
Fair call. It would be interesting if you could get an honest answer from him but hindsight is a beautiful thing.

axl rose

Bench
You sound like my PC lefty intellectual academic sister who lives in Canberra and has no idea how the world functions outside her Canberra bubble. Are you?
It was a direct quote from the Gone With The Wind novel. ABC/SJWs/lefties you know how it is.

On leaving Balmain he fired a parting shot by saying the "the Lemon has been squeezed dry". We sure proved him wrong.. by never making the finals ever again.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
You sound like my PC lefty intellectual academic sister who lives in Canberra and has no idea how the world functions outside her Canberra bubble. Are you?

thankfully we have you here to tell us how it is

went to the School of Hard Knocks I bet

Latest posts