What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Mary's Contract Be Extended For another 3 Year Term?

Sould Mary's Contract Be Extended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BankstownDragon

Juniors
I feel as though we, more than other sides, all have to collectively play out of our skins to win games.

Game plan, tactics and directive isn't good enough from Mary. He "may" be a good man manager, but that isn't enough currently to win a competition.

No he should not get an extension and probably could consider returning some of his pay.

dragon thomo

Juniors
NO
I bet you about now the Warriors Supporters feel the same about Kearney.
They extended him when there was on need to. No other club was going to chase Kearney as well as no other club is going to chase McGregor.
If we extend McGregor it could be the worst decision in the clubs history.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
As Mick would say heaven to Betsy. Surely our board can sit back and wait until round 15 or end of season. I don’t understand why the hurry to sign McClueless. I said last year get Madge Maguire and watch us go but the board must be happy with finishing in 1 finals series in 7 years. The simple way to acknowledge if McClueless is a coach we need is the board should watch last years finals game against broncs and not that clueless was even shocked at the result. It wasn’t down to the coaching it was the players and their will to win. Unless a week 3 of finals is acheived JDB or not he shouldn’t be re-signed full stop.

getsmarty

Immortal
As Mick would say heaven to Betsy. Surely our board can sit back and wait until round 15 or end of season. I don’t understand why the hurry to sign McClueless. I said last year get Madge Maguire and watch us go but the board must be happy with finishing in 1 finals series in 7 years. The simple way to acknowledge if McClueless is a coach we need is the board should watch last years finals game against broncs and not that clueless was even shocked at the result. It wasn’t down to the coaching it was the players and their will to win. Unless a week 3 of finals is acheived JDB or not he shouldn’t be re-signed full stop.

Maguire knocked us back as did Cleary....McGregor must be the last man standing...LOL Bradbury

possm

Coach
It is all about the old boys backroom deals, with the way SGI is set up:
  • WIN Corp appoints it's Board members
  • St George Leagues Club appoints its Board members
there is no way the members of SGI will ever have a say or influence club policy or decisions. There is no way Board members or Club officials will ever be held accountable.

I just can't see how any members or fans would be happy with this arrangement.

I say the NRL should be petitioned to develop some new criteria for NRL licences. The fans must have significant representation and a say in all decisions.

getsmarty

Immortal
It is all about the old boys backroom deals, with the way SGI is set up:
  • WIN Corp appoints it's Board members
  • St George Leagues Club appoints its Board members
there is no way the members of SGI will ever have a say or influence club policy or decisions. There is no way Board members or Club officials will ever be held accountable.

I just can't see how any members or fans would be happy with this arrangement.

I say the NRL should be petitioned to develop some new criteria for NRL licences. The fans must have significant representation and a say in all decisions.

possm it is to do with the structure they have set up.....An outside coach needs to be willing to come in and work with the existing people...Doust alluded to this some time back...If my memory serves me correctly he talked about an NFL type structure where the coach just slots in to coach with the existing people in the organization. I wonder if Bennett had kept his word and come back whether he would have bought Hickmans with him ?

Most high profile coaches like to bring in their own team...this is why McGregor...fits the bill....personally I would go for Demetriou or O'Brien or even Holbrook over McGregor everyday day of the week..