What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French News

Storm13

Juniors
Good news. Hopefully the World 9's don't interfere with players choosing one or the other.

Coastbloke

Bench
How big will the Squads for the Nines be? Could France combining all players from Catalan, SL clubs, Toulouse and Elite 1 create a Nines team with a combination of those clubs AND provide a Test team that can compete with PNG?

Same could be said for PNG with NRL and ESL (and Championship) Hunters and domestic players. Having said that, if PNG are also supposed to be playing full blown Tests againt Fiji, Samoa, you would think they would want their best team on tye park..

https://www.ffr13.fr/actualite-a-la-une/developpement-des-ecoles-de-rugby-en-ile-de-france/

paris.jpg

Paris Club Communiqué Charenton XIII.

"

For 10 years, educators, volunteers, children and parents have been fighting to make this club sustainable and to ensure that these generations of children are our first team in a few years, for the club to live, for the transmission to take place in the best possible conditions. They are the future and they must remain so.

However, the difficulties are great and nothing is assured. During the 2019/2020 season, nearly 25 children from Paris Charenton XIII will leave the rugby school to compete in these national competitions. Our agreement with the club Châtillon XIII allows us to consider this next season serenely in terms of staff however in terms of budget it remains complicated ...

The subsidies of the town halls of Paris and Charenton are there (but do not evolve), the private patrons too (thanks to them) but too few, and the recipes of the club (refreshments etc ...) not important enough.

We must therefore find funds to structure, organize and sustain this new season and these new categories U15 and U17.

These funds will help finance the following activities:

Movements of children during competitions (cups, challenges, championships, tournaments) because everything happens below Lyon ... registration fees, accommodation, meals ...

Purchase of equipment for these categories (swimsuits, balloons, water bottles, pharmacy etc ..).

Reservation of grounds for training.

The expected amount is 8000 euros (4000 euros per category).

These kids are the future of our Club (those of rugby school too) this group of friends and their educators have been part of this adventure for a long time and our current team is not eternal. So that Paris Charenton XIII (thanks to you Jipette and all the volunteers) lives and that this family continues to live and transmit, give and finance for our colors!

Try to talk about it around you, it will help our young players and rugby at 13 in IDF.

Thank you with all my heart. "

LINK TO THE CAGNOTTE LEETCHI

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k/news-story/f6bb8a485bc817a12f66a725fc8b5cf0

FRENCH FANCY

We have all seen the impact of English recruits to the NRL last weekend; John Bateman was a standout for Canberra and Sam Burgess scored for Souths.

But now a Frenchman could be the next Super League export to chance his arm in Australia.

France five-eighth Theo Fages has caught the eye of clubs here.

The St Helens halfback is in discussion with at least two NRL sides as he comes off contract later this year.

9191e8bc6f34dc80eb563cacc8300fff

France star Theo FagesSource: News Corp Australia
Fages, who has 12 French caps to his name, has been a revelation for the Saints in Super League this season and is open to testing himself here.

He is expected to make a decision on his future in the next fortnight and is keen to explore a move to Australia.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm a fan but I doubt he can cut it in the NRL.

He'd be the smallest player in the comp, by some margin. Successful little blokes are few and far between post-2000. Luke Keary has 10cm and 4kg on him according to Wikipedia stats.

He'd likely be signed by a currently low lying club willing to roll the dice. Like we saw with Tomkins, this isn't an environment to thrive. The chance of a big turnaround is slim and he'll shoulder more than his fair share of blame for losses.

The biggest question - does Theo Fages have what it takes to step up? Does his presence on the field make an average team better? From what I've seen the answers are no and no. I'm not looking at how he plays in a table topping St Helens side or in a French side flogging Scotland. I'm looking at whether he steps up for France in World Cup games or England tests. And I don't see it. I think he's France's best player, but I don't think that's good enough for the NRL at the moment.

I don't think he'll play NRL, but if he does i'd predict a handful of games early in the season then spending most of his time in reserves.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
We so need more French players in the NRL. I'd like to see some sort of scholarship program where promising young players (18 year olds) come out for a year of coaching/playing with an NRL club in their junior system …

adamkungl

Immortal
We so need more French players in the NRL. I'd like to see some sort of scholarship program where promising young players (18 year olds) come out for a year of coaching/playing with an NRL club in their junior system …

France needs more French players in the NRL.

The NRL doesn't until French players are at least as good as our current pool, which sadly they aren't close.

Storm13

Juniors
Just see the Caracassonne vs St Esteve highlights and notice they have adopted a two referee system. Is this for all games or was it a trial? Plus the quality of the game seemed higher than usual.

Storm13

Juniors
Should be on the Dragons youtube page.

Also on the 4020 Live podcast they alluded to France playing Wales and Jamaica at the end of the season with England Knights possibly in the mix. Also couldnt quite hear but something was mentioned that France were in the World 9's

adamkungl

Immortal
Should be on the Dragons youtube page.

Also on the 4020 Live podcast they alluded to France playing Wales and Jamaica at the end of the season with England Knights possibly in the mix. Also couldnt quite hear but something was mentioned that France were in the World 9's

That would be a great series. Good for England too to get their shirt on the pitch at home in a GB tour year.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
When was the last time if ever the French juniors toured Australia??

Jim from Oz

Juniors
France needs more French players in the NRL.

The NRL doesn't until French players are at least as good as our current pool, which sadly they aren't close.

Yep, I appreciate that Monsieur adamkungl …

What I was talking about was juniors … have, say, 4-5 of the top French juniors (16, 17, 18 years old) each year come out on an NRL scholarship for a season to train and possibly play for an NRL junior rep team/s.

Hopefully they can then return to France and develop into better players.

As for adult French players, even having some of them come and play Canterbury Cup or InTrust Super Cup is helpful … Tony Gigot was going nowhere, came and played a season in Cronulla reserves and returned a vastly improved player.

Oh for an NRL or an ARLC with a long-term global focus !

Allez rugby a XIII !

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Yep, I appreciate that Monsieur adamkungl …

What I was talking about was juniors … have, say, 4-5 of the top French juniors (16, 17, 18 years old) each year come out on an NRL scholarship for a season to train and possibly play for an NRL junior rep team/s.

Hopefully they can then return to France and develop into better players.

As for adult French players, even having some of them come and play Canterbury Cup or InTrust Super Cup is helpful … Tony Gigot was going nowhere, came and played a season in Cronulla reserves and returned a vastly improved player.

Oh for an NRL or an ARLC with a long-term global focus !

Allez rugby a XIII !
Like Jerome guisset.