What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs Sharks Team List (Saturday night @ ANZ)

Gronk

Staff member
Does Taka keep his spot ?

Does McIllwrick do enough today to earn a bench gig ?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Moylan will be a huge loss for them, not so much Gal

Just got to keep an eye on Johnson, and we should be ok and back in the winners circle

hindy111

Post Whore
Does Taka keep his spot ?

Does McIllwrick do enough today to earn a bench gig ?

No. I watched him for Wenty.
This year is about developing and retention. We need to work out what young blokes are starters for 2020.
Is Salmon a starting centre? Let's find out. Taka to bench. Salmon can fill in hooker for 15mins while Taka plays centre and 2nd row.

Who drops out for Tepai?
Based on form Alvaro

hindy111

Post Whore
Moylan will be a huge loss for them, not so much Gal

Just got to keep an eye on Johnson, and we should be ok and back in the winners circle

Moylans class. Soft lovely hands and puts guys in gaps.
What Penrith fans would do to have him at back.

hindy111

Post Whore
Salmon to center for Taka.
Tep back as 13.
"Bench"
Mannah
Terepo
Taka
McIllwraith.

Evan's has been good so far. I also like what I see from Kafusi in limited mins. A few hits in defense and he buckled the guy.
Alvaro is way off. Let him sweat it out at Wenty. Marker defense is letting him down.

Bazal

Post Whore
No. I watched him for Wenty.
This year is about developing and retention. We need to work out what young blokes are starters for 2020.
Is Salmon a starting centre? Let's find out. Taka to bench. Salmon can fill in hooker for 15mins while Taka plays centre and 2nd row.

Who drops out for Tepai?
Based on form Alvaro

I think you mean Taka to Wenty.

Although maybe we can carry him on the bench until Manu is back.

BTW if you drop Alvaro for Tepai, who is going to cover Alvaro's work in defence? You're basically setting Tepai up to get fatigued faster like Polar did this weekend...

hindy111

Post Whore
Curious to see titans fix Bryce up.
They are turning him back to basics with tackling hard . I like to see him do well so Duke can look back at another mistake.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think you mean Taka to Wenty.

Although maybe we can carry him on the bench until Manu is back.

BTW if you drop Alvaro for Tepai, who is going to cover Alvaro's work in defence? You're basically setting Tepai up to get fatigued faster like Polar did this weekend...

Well it means 4 forwards on bench so the workload will be reduced across the park. Plus I am sure Tepai can handle 35 tackles a game.

Bazal

Post Whore
Well it means 4 forwards on bench so the workload will be reduced across the park. Plus I am sure Tepai can handle 35 tackles a game.

Yeah but I said work in defence, not just tackles.

For an illustration of what I mean, go back and watch I think it was the last Roosters try, or maybe the second last. They shift right and open up space, and you see Alvaro tearing across the field to try and cover the gap. But the inside men don't move, so Alvaro has to turn and run back infield when the Roosters see the space and switch back.

Don't get me wrong, a fitter Alvaro probably closes the gap better than he did. He's certainly not at his best. But that's the kind of thing we normally have three players doing. Brown, Alvaro and Tepai are the guys who make a tackle, get up, follow the play and make two or three in a row. They're the better wrestlers. These are the guys who do the defensive work beyond tackling. Brown and Alvaro out and Tepai in will have a similar result to Brown and Tepai out and Alvaro in. We need more than one guy doing their work.

Plus you have to consider that so far Tepai has been a little bit disappointing in attack, so you take 100m out of the side and replace it with 50-odd.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah but I said work in defence, not just tackles.

For an illustration of what I mean, go back and watch I think it was the last Roosters try, or maybe the second last. They shift right and open up space, and you see Alvaro tearing across the field to try and cover the gap. But the inside men don't move, so Alvaro has to turn and run back infield when the Roosters see the space and switch back.

Don't get me wrong, a fitter Alvaro probably closes the gap better than he did. He's certainly not at his best. But that's the kind of thing we normally have three players doing. Brown, Alvaro and Tepai are the guys who make a tackle, get up, follow the play and make two or three in a row. They're the better wrestlers. These are the guys who do the defensive work beyond tackling. Brown and Alvaro out and Tepai in will have a similar result to Brown and Tepai out and Alvaro in. We need more than one guy doing their work.

Plus you have to consider that so far Tepai has been a little bit disappointing in attack, so you take 100m out of the side and replace it with 50-odd.
Spot on. It’s amazing the “sports scientists” only look at stat lines when analysing workloads